NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I wish i'd thought of it at the time! lol

I tried on all my winter coats today (it was 27 degrees outside but was cleaning out the hallway!) and every single one fits! Some of them are from college so that cheered me up no end, now makes it harder to have a clear out though! x

Hey just realised i have a non scale victory........went to a fantastic icecream shop where there is always a queue outside! They have at least 50 different flavours and then massive chocolate cones as well as all the sprinkles n sauces........so what did i pick.........1 scoop of kiwi flavoured sorbet in a tub!(it was amazing n 1.5 syns per 28g)could have easily said give me tripple choc icecream in a massive choc cone,hot choc sauce and sprinkles. Glad i havent got my 'sod it i'm pregnant' head on!!!!

MancBird said:
I can do a press up! Like a proper, on your toes not knees, proper press up!

Only 1 mind, but its progress!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Well done mancbird that is certainly something I'm aiming for too

Rayven said:
Movie night with my girls last night & i wasn't even tempted by the pringles and aero bubbles! I sat there quite happily munching on my chicken salad - didn't feel deprived or hacked off about it either......something has changed in my head thats making this 'diet' a part of my life, not just something i'm doing to lose weight!
I've never had a healthy relationship with food, when i was a teenager i was practically anorexic & lived on an apple a day and exercised constantly. Then i started gaining weight and that led to a binge cycle and eventually i became bulimic. When i fell pregnant with my first baby 10 years ago (OMG!! lol) the purging stopped but i still had a tendancy to be all or nothing around food. I started councelling a month ago - just after starting SW and decided i needed to attempt to find a healthy middle ground with food - i think i may have found it!! *does happy dance*

Well done you! Back in February we had a girlie movie night and i was gave in to all the pastry bits and doritos but next time I'm going armed with my chicken salad just like you did!

*Emsie* said:
I wore a skirt and there was no thigh rub.......I don't ever remember that being the case!

No thigh rub - I can't wait foe that time to come. It's still away off but I'll get there

dudette2001uk said:
I bought a pair of knee length denim shorts in Peacocks in a size...14!!! :D:D They're somewhat of a large 14, but the label says 14 nonetheless! Haha! :D

Like like like Love!!!

I went away for the weekend to stay with freinds in the country. Ooo arrr. I took quorn sausages and low fat crisps with me and did not have any of the pizza, sausages, pre packages burgers and lamb kebabs that they had. I made all the salads and wot nots and made sure no dressings were added. I even had poached eggs and beans in the morning whilst they had a HUGE fry up.

My NSV is that I didnt feel cheated or that I was missing out. I felt fine eating the choices I made, no nagging depriving mood swings. I was even given an easter egg, I snapped off a small section and gave the rest to my friend and that felt fine too. Progress :D

I bought a pair of jeans in the Next sale in January and I couldn't even fasten them up. I meant to take them back but never got round to it. Yesterday I decided to see how close they were to fitting and they are actually a little bit too big for me now. :D

It made me feel like celebrating with chocolate. :p

Ooh, i forgot this one! Yesterday i actually put on a pair of roller-blades & was attempting to go up and down the drive with my girls in their rollerboots. Needless to say I'm 13 years out of practice - so there was lots of screaming!! ROFL

Yesterday I swam 30 lengths in 40 minutes! :D It probably doesn't sound like much to regular swimmers, but for me it was an achievement considering I haven't been swimming for about 10 years :)

OMG!!! :wow:
I can barely swim ONE length so you have done amazingly well!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be all ''It probably doesn't sound like much to regular swimmers,'' Be proud of your achievement dudette :D

OMG!!! :wow:
I can barely swim ONE length so you have done amazingly well!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be all ''It probably doesn't sound like much to regular swimmers,'' Be proud of your achievement dudette :D

Thanks hun :) Aqua aerobics is the next thing on my list, lol! :D xx

Yesterday I was on the cross-trainer at the gym, sweating away and working hard... and in the half hour I was on it, my heart rate only slipped into the "red" zone (meaning too high) a couple of times. Only a few months ago, I would have done the whole half hour with my heart rate in the red zone. I'm so pleased - it's really nice to see actual proof that my body is getting stronger and healthier. Yay for a healthier heart! :D :D :D

Oh I do love this thread :D

I've been away on holiday for the last week and a half and I picked up a few NSVs -

a woman came up to me at a gig I was at (which is why we were in London when we were) and said that she just had to come and say something because she could see I'd lost a lot of weight and was looking fab :D (how nice of her to say! I don't know her beyond a regular "face")

I made all the right food choices (I made I right pain of myself in restaurants asking for things without butter or dressing, etc) and REALLY enjoyed my food - the shish chicken kebabs without sauce or bread were particularly nice! I didn't feel deprived at all when the others had chips or pudding, just comfy and not needing gaviscon!

I wore a couple of dresses and my legs weren't in an agony of rubbing despite the heat and a lot of walking :D

I bought two more dresses in primark, size 18 and they fit fine :D (it's been a while).

My dad (I went to my parents for Easter) said he was really proud of me and so did my mum (dad's not a big observer of such things, and totally not a complimenter, and mum and I have argued about my diet and weight ever since I can remember. Thinking about it actually makes me a bit verklempt).

Last edited:
SUPER HAPPY BUNNY!!

Usual clothes shopping consists of Asda 22-24 or Evans. Whatever fits and doesnt look too hideous.
Today i went into Evans & everything i looked at in my usual sizes looked HUGE, so thought i'd nip across the street to Peacocks. I don't usually go in there as nothing ever fits, even in their largest size!
So thought i'd try on a size 20 to see how far off i was but had to get an 18 as it was too BIG!!! :happy036:
Went into the changing room with 4 tops in an 18 and they all FIT!!! :D Came home with several new tops in an 18 & a beaming smile on my face!!!!
(haven't been an 18 for 5 years!!!! :D)

On top of that i actually had the guts to go and get my extremely long & unhealthy looking hair chopped off into a sleek & stylish off the shoulder cut! Hubby says its taken at least five years off! (& said i look even sexier now & that he's proud of me for beating my food demons :D)

Back