NSVs - Non Scale Victories

whey bought a size 10 dress from primark tday :) nt tht i trust primark sizes bt im buzzin haha :D

I got a NSV yesterday, i went to a wedding and some of my mum's friends who hadn't seem me in a while said 'Sum we didn't reconise you, you look different and have lost weight' That made my day :D

Bought a Next dress in the sale 2 Xmas's ago & haven't been able to get it on.......tried it on this morning, along with other dresses, & it fits lovely! Only problem is, Im still 13.5lbs from target & think it may be too big when I want to wear it.....oh well, there are worse things in life to worry about! Also, tried on a long dress I will be wearing for a Ball in June & I wont need to wear my 'scary holdy in pants' as the wobbly bits aren't so wobbly anymore!!!

Only meeeeeee ......

Well I have just had a clothes delivery arrive *shhhh-I won't go into detail-lets just say Im now taking over hubbies wardrobe too :sign0151:* -anyway I unwrapped everything -tried it all on and promptly sat on the bed and burst into tears :cry: -not for the OLD reason, but because EVERYTHING fits :banana dancer:(all 16s bar 2) what has amazed me most is that even though most of my stuff now is a 16 -I saw that 1 pair of trousers I wanted were those low waisted fangled things -which means they have to fasten right across my widest point -my fatta podge so I ordered an 18 -especially as they are my first pair of white trousers (plus it was my 1st order from matalan so I wasn't sure on the generosity in their sizing ;))and they fit lovely :happy036:. no big bulging lumpy bits -well not the kind that looks like a sausage escaping its skin :giggle: -Im amazed I decided that its what fits and if that meant going up a size I would :p), I also had a pair in a lovely stone colour (Im normally a black on the bottom half gal -but not no more ;)) oooh and finally I now own my first size 14 EVER (went straight from child to 16+:eek:) -now don't get me wrong they are a pair of lounge pants with a grown on knitted waist band -BUT they come up where they should and are really comfy -Im only wanting them for indoors -but Im tempted to wear them inside out so I can see my size 14 label :rotflmao:
Come on everyone -keep em coming ...we are getting there :bliss:

I tried on a sexy dress in Zara and it looked okay - i just need to get the weight off my legs and i could get away with it - i took a pic of me in the dress but my legs looked too big :(

One day though.....

This is the dress. It was a size L too - which the website says is a 14-16 but it was stretchy!!!

0263011615_1_1_3.jpg

Put on a pair of size 22 trousers this morning which were quite snug six weeks ago & i can now get them off without undoing them!!

My engagement and wedding ring were really tight when I started in february and there were days I couldn't wear my engagement ring as it was uncomfortable. Now they fit perfectly and even spin round now cos they are loose! An expensive trip to the jewellers avoided (unless I have to get them made smaller instead! )

:DI made it (comfortably!!) into my size 18 jeans :D (just one more pair left in my wardrobe that I can't wear yet and then I'm off into the strange land of trying on new jeans in shops I've not been able to shop in since I was a teenager!

My 4year old daughter told me I was very pretty today and is happy that I don't have a big belly anymore and she never wants me to have a big belly again! Got to admire her honesty! Also went out in a tight dress at the weekend and I didn't feel self conscious at all. Then when we got the photos back there wasn't one that I didn't like. I have to keep looking at them because they don't look like me. I keep looking in the mirror expecting to see the fat me. I wonder if that will ever change?!

Forgot this one! My 9 year old said to me the other day - 'you've got thinner............(looked me up and down) a LOT thinner!' lol

Rayven said:
Forgot this one! My 9 year old said to me the other day - 'you've got thinner............(looked me up and down) a LOT thinner!' lol

Aaaw! Kids are brutally honest too, so that is praise indeed! X

This is a bit of a vague one, but it occurred to me yesterday and made me really happy. In three weeks I am going to Barcelona on holiday with a group of friends and I'm so excited about it. But as an added bonus, finally, I will not be noticeably "the fat one" in the group. I won't be the one covering up when everyone else is looking glam. Four of my really good girlfriends are coming too, and I will be able to share clothes with them. I won't have to feel slightly awkward all the time. Just thinking about this is making me so happy and even more excited about what is going to be a fantastic holiday anyway :)

Went back to work yesterday after bring off for two weeks (Went on holiday and gained 4.5lbs!!) and so many people commented on how slim (and brown) I looked! Was nice to hear after my gain lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Managed to fasten a pair of size 12 jeans from Next! They are going back as too tight but just pleased they fastened! Bought another pair in size 14 and are a fab fit even a bit on the loose side but keeping as were only £5 and my others are falling off my bum! X

Back