NSVs - Non Scale Victories

i just got into a size 16 maxi dress - okay its fairly stretchy and i'm not sure i would leave the house in it but i don't care!!!

i was having a really minging fat day today i even rang my oh and told him i felt so fat and gross and then around tea time my mum said" u look so skinny today, i was looking at you earlier and thinking how lovely you looked" and i said "omg mum u have chosen the perfet day to tell me that i love you" lol xxx

Don't know if it counts but I'm lighter than my husband for the first time I. Years. Ok he's 6 inches taller but still...

I have to go shopping for new jeans at the weekend.. I've run out of the smaller sizes my mum kept for me as I was putting the weight on ( gotta love mums.. :) I always used to think "that's wishfull thinking mom.." but obviously the saying is true, Mom knows best..!! :) )

Nsv for me today is realising I'm not scared of using my syns!

I'd done sw before and this was my failure... But now I know better, I'm losing weight and feel good about it :)

Yay me!

Was reading through these yesterday and was looking forward to adding my own in time And then low and behold today we had a family meal and my sister in law commented on how slim I was looking and said that my diet must be going well :) forgotten how good it feels when someone says that to you. Can't wait for more! Xx

My MIL said she could really tell I've lost weight, that is a good NSV as despite her being several sizes larger she always goes on about how fat her daughter has got ( we were about the same size!)

Went home for a few days, saw my best friends mum who hadn't seen me for around 6weeks...told me how slim I was looking :0) proper nice feeling.

I actually fitted into a size 14 miss selfridge dress :) was kinda stretchy fabric but still :) just a shame it was like a belt and i dont like my legs! On the other hand bought a black fitted dress in tesco and got a 16 :) tried the 18 on and hadthe biggest gap between the top half of the dress and my chest! Oh how i love nsvs! X

Two for me :)

Getting into size 14 jeans which aren't generous with the elastic (in fact, none at all)!

Wandering downstairs during the thunder storm in my PJ bottoms and bra, and not feeling the need to hide all my wobbly bits from OH. He appreciates this NSV too :D

One for my hubby. He jumped out of the van at work yesterday and his shorts fell down! he apparently managed to catch them before they fell too far - admitedly it would have been funnier if he didn't but still.

He also bought a pair of jean the other day in a 34 waist - he was into a 40 waist at Chirstmas.
Thing is, hes not even following it properly. I should be mad at him but I'm so pleased cos he had been getting a bit down about his size for a while and I'm glad he's doing something about it!

Two for me :)

Getting into size 14 jeans which aren't generous with the elastic (in fact, none at all)!

Wandering downstairs during the thunder storm in my PJ bottoms and bra, and not feeling the need to hide all my wobbly bits from OH. He appreciates this NSV too :D

yay! where bouts u from hun? as we had a major storm last night! well loud and the flashing was crazy lol xxxx

haha! where r u guys from? was it stormy everywhere? xxx

ahh i see, it was scary wasnt it! all the rumbling and flashing! lol xxx

Yay. I've had loads of people comment on how small I'm looking this week! Chuffed. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Love reading everyone's NSV. Congratulations everyone.

Had a couple myself this week - today picked up a pair of size 10 trousers and they fit with a bit of room to spare - my first ones in about 15 years.

Also, walking to the car from work yesterday I was wolf whistled, can't even remember the last time that happened. Most of me wasn't happy with this sexist behaviour - but there was a small part inside me just went "YES".

short but sweet, i have muscles, the best ones i can feel in my side and my abs, and they ache...so much, but i love it :) :)

Back