NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Just been and tried on all my favorite clothes that didn't fit me at Xmas and now they look lovely!!!! A long way to go till I'm back in my size 6/8s but 12s will do for now!!!

Bought a work shirt in a very small size 12 it fits! Wore it to work tonight and had compliments off everyone even the regulars and management :)

I had a wardrobe clearout and found a pair of jeans I bought just before I got pregnant with my son. I hid them there because everytime I tried to get back in them I couldn't get them over my knees! They are 27 inch waist and today I got them on, all the way up and fastened! Couldn't move in them mind, but still! I was chuffed.

I lost some weight before joining sw, but with other losses now I am given compliments about how slim and great I look. Was able to fit back into size 12 work trousers, first time in over a year.

Yesterday I climbed the 530 steps to the top of the tower at Warwick Castle, last time I did this I had to stop and catch my breath every 2 mins, this time I motored right to the top without stopping, the views from the top are breath taking

Attachments

• DSCF5098.jpg
    DSCF5098.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 49
WelshCake said:
Yesterday I climbed the 530 steps to the top of the tower at Warwick Castle, last time I did this I had to stop and catch my breath every 2 mins, this time I motored right to the top without stopping, the views from the top are breath taking

Well done Welshcake! I love Warwick Castle it's gorgeous a fab day out

I've been waiting and hoping I'd have a NSV to post and this week I have.

We have a staff meeting every month after work and we always get fed. I was going that we'd get fish and chips so I could have a jacket potato and beans but my boss ordered pizza instead. So instead of giving up and having pizza, garlic bread and chicken dippers I sat there and ate by snack of cherry tomatoes and mini babybell light. I wasn't tempted to touch the pizza! :)

I've been waiting and hoping I'd have a NSV to post and this week I have.

We have a staff meeting every month after work and we always get fed. I was going that we'd get fish and chips so I could have a jacket potato and beans but my boss ordered pizza instead. So instead of giving up and having pizza, garlic bread and chicken dippers I sat there and ate by snack of cherry tomatoes and mini babybell light. I wasn't tempted to touch the pizza! :)

Congraulations - I'd have given in and had a slice.

Congraulations - I'd have given in and had a slice.

It probably wouldn't have been just one slice though! :rolleyes:

I sort of had another one today. Hubby is overweight as well and as much as he wants to lose weight he snacks a lot and eats for the sake of it (his words). We were talking about my weight loss today and he asked if we can afford for him to join as well!!! So next week he will be coming with me as I won't be going to my normal class this week.

I do worry about his health and especially his weight becasue I know it gets him down so I count this as a NSV because my weight loss has inspired him to give it a go.

Glad your loss has inspired your husband to do something.

I had one last night, after a night of 4 vodka diet cokes and the rest just being diet cokes, everyone went and got kebab and chips with garlic sauce, I however dragged everyone to subway for a subway salad at 2am. And it was lovely ::D:

I have finally worked up the courage to get baptised! Previously the thought of everyone watching, being dunked and coming out with my clothes clinging to me put me off so much! OH will still need to run up with the towel, but I am going in!!! Got 4 weeks to lose a little more ;-)

I have finally worked up the courage to get baptised! Previously the thought of everyone watching, being dunked and coming out with my clothes clinging to me put me off so much! OH will still need to run up with the towel, but I am going in!!! Got 4 weeks to lose a little more ;-)

The best of luck to you Woodland girl, it will be a wonderful day. Where is the ceremony happening? :D

I had a lovely one this week - I met up one of my old work friends (who i haven't seen in a few months) who said i looked like half the person I was before - she didn't even know i was dieting or running or anything so it makes it even better :D

Am so chuffed!!

Hi twinkletoes, at my new church in Sussex. I had been tempted to get done in the sea but it is a bit chilly!! Lol

Brrrr, I'd say, lol :D
Hope you have a lovely day ;)

bought a pair of linen trousers last year...quite embarrassing one day was out with my cousin and her new boyfriend when I burst the button off them,no hiding the fact the button fell at everyones feet with the loudest thud in the world for a small plastic button..?
anyway today I tried on the trousers with a (sewed on button) and they were far too big fell down and couldn't wear them!!! delighted!!! thank god for slimming world mwah ?

bought a pair of linen trousers last year...quite embarrassing one day was out with my cousin and her new boyfriend when I burst the button off them,no hiding the fact the button fell at everyones feet with the loudest thud in the world for a small plastic button..?
anyway today I tried on the trousers with a (sewed on button) and they were far too big fell down and couldn't wear them!!! delighted!!! thank god for slimming world mwah ?

Nice one, (hope your cousins boyfriend enjoyed the new view!! ;))

thankfully caught the trousers before any display of undergarments were on show. plus think everyone was too busy lookin at the offending button on the ground!!

Ordered a pair of size 16 and size 14 shorts from Tesco......... devil in me tried the 14's first and they fit comfortably whoop whoop :party0011:.

Sadly they are both going back as i'm not sure it's legal to put knee's like mine on display in public places :doh:....but I enjoyed the feeling of the 14's although it was only briefly! :D

Back