NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Well done again everyone :happy096:...

Cleogin -At least you can get your legs out from below the knee -I have calf muscles like a Russian shot putter -and a male one at that :rotflmao:. Well done on the 14s :clap:

So then folks my NSVs for today are that I was at the gym for 8am this morning where I tried jogging on the treadmill for only the 2nd time and did 3km :happy036: ( I wasn't even achy but the gym was sooo hot), then I did 5km on the bike and then walked the 30mins home -My 2nd NSV is that I walked home in my workout gear and couldn't have cared less ;) -even if I was a fetching shade of beetroot :giggle:

Saw some uni friends today and they said have you lost a lot of weight
thought this was great as i have only lost 13lb and noone else including me can see it

also
bought i pair of shorts in tesco - size 22 - because i wanted to wear the short shorts with tights look - and they fitted woooo

CAPRICORN said:
Well done again everyone :happy096:...

Cleogin -At least you can get your legs out from below the knee -I have calf muscles like a Russian shot putter -and a male one at that :rotflmao:. Well done on the 14s :clap:

So then folks my NSVs for today are that I was at the gym for 8am this morning where I tried jogging on the treadmill for only the 2nd time and did 3km :happy036: ( I wasn't even achy but the gym was sooo hot), then I did 5km on the bike and then walked the 30mins home -My 2nd NSV is that I walked home in my workout gear and couldn't have cared less ;) -even if I was a fetching shade of beetroot :giggle:

Thanks Capricorn!
I'm doing the 26.2 mile moonwalk for breast cancer this Saturday so all the training has made my calf muscles quite muscly, but alas it does nothing for the thunder thighs and mahoosive elephant knees!
Well done on your NSV I always go like a beetroot.... Im well used to it now :) x

Todays NSV is that i realised the trousers i bought 6 weeks ago when everything was getting too big are now getting too big (woo hoo) plus welshcake sent me a skirt in a size 16 and it fits ( double woo hoo)

today NSV is that i tried the same dress on that made me want to lose the weight today, that was 9 months ago. well im pleased to say it was literally hanging off me. i could have fitted another chest down the front, it seems my boobs are a lot smaller than they once were...not a bad thing tho. happy happy :)

Cleogin said:
Thanks Capricorn!
I'm doing the 26.2 mile moonwalk for breast cancer this Saturday so all the training has made my calf muscles quite muscly, but alas it does nothing for the thunder thighs and mahoosive elephant knees!
Well done on your NSV I always go like a beetroot.... Im well used to it now :) x

I'm doing it too! Cursing my calves but all in aid of a very good cause!
I suppose a NSV for me is I'm perfectly happy to be getting my tummy out in public?! Good luck! :)

busywoman said:
I'm doing it too! Cursing my calves but all in aid of a very good cause!
I suppose a NSV for me is I'm perfectly happy to be getting my tummy out in public?! Good luck! :)

Hiya,
Nice to hear that someone else is as mad as me...... It's my 3rd time, but I'm stressing a bit about food as I normally eat my weight in haribo as I go round!
Tummy out in public is v v daunting but like you say it's all worth it!
Good luck Hun, hope you enjoy it xx

no.more.chinese said:
thankfully caught the trousers before any display of undergarments were on show. plus think everyone was too busy lookin at the offending button on the ground!!

Haha, no I meant now they're too big, and fell down, there's a slimmer, shapier girlie on show!! hope he was around to see the new you!

Had to go home and change my trousers this morning as they were falling off me! :D

Well, I've had a couple, one was also in the trousers department..... I was on holiday last week and I had to borrow the OH spare belt as my jeans kept falling down.
The other was a work colleague, I haven't seen him for about 4 weeks, told me I looked really great, I said it was the suntan...'nope, not just that, you've lost loads of weight too' !! :happy036:

Ha! Someone at work asked if the diet was working yesterday (after commenting on my lunch - something about how can you lose weight eating like that)and the bloke who sits next to me said - 'you moron - she's literally shrinking in front of us - of course its working!'

Also - bought a dress on ebay in a size 18 and its not just a bit too big - its FAR too big. Note to self - you CAN wear a size 16, you CAN wear a size 16

If anyone wants a size 18 dress let me know!

My new favourite hobby is trying on clothes! In H&M I tried on a 'Small' lace top, a pair of size 10 cut off trousers and a size 8 dress (!!!). All fit me perfectly!

But I also tried on a strapless mini dress in a 10 that i was a wee bit too tight so I know I have a little more to go!

It's amazing how a relatively small loss can have an effect on your shape and dress size! I was struggling to get into size 12s 6 weeks ago and here I am getting into size 8-10!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

im a d cup, i was a ff cup when i began, put on my new bra from ann summers and my boobs were 'just there', lol my old bra was so ill fitting that they were hanging down my waist haha, shameful!!! :)

kingleds said:
Ha! Someone at work asked if the diet was working yesterday (after commenting on my lunch - something about how can you lose weight eating like that)and the bloke who sits next to me said - 'you moron - she's literally shrinking in front of us - of course its working!'

Also - bought a dress on ebay in a size 18 and its not just a bit too big - its FAR too big. Note to self - you CAN wear a size 16, you CAN wear a size 16

If anyone wants a size 18 dress let me know!

Ooh, might give me something to aim for! Do you mind sending me a pic? X

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

no.more.chinese said:
'of course it is u moron!!' made me laugh
Yeah - not exactly an office of shrinking violets or sensitibity- Its always like that - i guess its what you get when you work mainly with men.

Back