NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Someone bought in 8 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts & at no point was i even close to breaking. Also - a number of people i work with now consider me a food experf and asked me the no of syns in one donut - even though none are on SW - because they didn't want to overeat on them!

The 1/2 a bourneville bar is still in my drawer

And tonight when my chicken shish kebab arrived i replaced the pitta with a jacket potato.

Not sure if this an NSV or not but since starting SW I've font from two sugars in my tea to sweeteners and now no sugar or sweetener at all lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I find myself more and more confused with sizes though... How can it be that size 16 trousers are still snug if I'm fitting into size 14 dresses? It makes no sense![/QUOTE]
The size thing is a minefield!! I've got size 14 trousers that are getting too big, but I tried a size 14 dress on in monsoon the other day and it was way too small. Remember that advert years ago "I wanna be a 12" well that's me ;)
NSV by best mates brother told her I looked "well fit" when he saw me the other day!!! Now I'm a happily married woman, but that was nice to be told ;) he he, ssshh don't tell anyone ;)

TrimTrixy said:
I find myself more and more confused with sizes though... How can it be that size 16 trousers are still snug if I'm fitting into size 14 dresses? It makes no sense!
The size thing is a minefield!! I've got size 14 trousers that are getting too big, but I tried a size 14 dress on in monsoon the other day and it was way too small. Remember that advert years ago "I wanna be a 12" well that's me ;)
NSV by best mates brother told her I looked "well fit" when he saw me the other day!!! Now I'm a happily married woman, but that was nice to be told ;) he he, ssshh don't tell anyone ;)[/QUOTE]

I had a complete moan about this on another thread. It's the poor difference in sizing between shops. I was watching something the other week that was talking about clothing sizes have been made bigger since they were originally drawn up. So if you wear a size 10 now, in the 50s you would wear a size 12. I don't think we should look at clothing sizes and just wear what fits so it's comfortable and flattering and just aim to be healthy x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

THe sizing thing is annoying I think - tough weirdly it never used to bother me so much. I have size 18 trousers which are too big, ones which are just right, and one pair which I reckon I need to lose another 4 stone to get into. Similarly, I ahve some size 16 stuff which is too big.

I think what annoys me most is that I will now have to actually go into changing rooms and try stuff on. I am used to just buying stuff in the largest size possible and praying it fits.

I take my measurements every month and get excited at the results but this month it actually hit me how far I've come. In total I've lost 7 inches off my torso, 7.5 inches off my hips, 4 inches off my thighs and 2.5 inches off my arms. Can't believe it! :):)

I can get back in to my size 14 Jeans! I wouldn't say I'm a comfortable size 14 yet as I need to loose another half a stone but I am on my way!

I fit in my car a lot better - only noticed this the other day.....anyone else noticed this? the seatbelt goes across easier and i am not so close to the steering column :)

*beep beep*

The size thing is a minefield!! I've got size 14 trousers that are getting too big, but I tried a size 14 dress on in monsoon the other day and it was way too small. Remember that advert years ago "I wanna be a 12" well that's me

I had a complete moan about this on another thread. It's the poor difference in sizing between shops. I was watching something the other week that was talking about clothing sizes have been made bigger since they were originally drawn up. So if you wear a size 10 now, in the 50s you would wear a size 12. I don't think we should look at clothing sizes and just wear what fits so it's comfortable and flattering and just aim to be healthy x
I'm with Jenny on this. The designers are pampering to something called "vanity sizing" and like Jenny I've had lots of moans on various threads.

The other thing that gets me are the Slimming company ads on TV like "I know I if I pick up a size 10 it will fit ". It puts in everyones mind that we all have to be a 10 and gives people the wrong reason to diet. As jenny says - lets focus on the health front.

Me - I'll never get into a size 10 in a million years. I'm a big lady frame wise - "good child bearing hips" as my doctor used to say. So if I ever fit back into a non-vanity size 16 jeans (now probably a 14 in most shops) I WILL BE OVER THE MOON and that will be my biggest NSV.

Rant Over!

I fit in my car a lot better - only noticed this the other day.....anyone else noticed this? the seatbelt goes across easier and i am not so close to the steering column :)

*beep beep*

I noticed this the other day the seatbelt in my teeny car was stretched to the max and if I had my thick fleece on I had to almost "stand" up to get it done up - then the seatbelt would give me a "lovebite" - rubbing across my neck as I drove, if I had been in an accident gawd knows what would have happened :(

*beep beep*
Ah Ellebear - it's not the seat belt or steering wheel for me. It's the seats. I can now sit in cars (the sporty ones) that have little wings on the seat cushions a lot easier. They no longer bite into my thighs! Still don't fully fit but getting there!

Ah Ellebear - it's not the seat belt or steering wheel for me. It's the seats. I can now sit in cars (the sporty ones) that have little wings on the seat cushions a lot easier. They no longer bite into my thighs! Still don't fully fit but getting there!

TRUE!! Mr Bears car is all fancy leather bucket thingie seats....less diggy in!!! slimmer me! x

Wannabe skinnymini said:
I take my measurements every month and get excited at the results but this month it actually hit me how far I've come. In total I've lost 7 inches off my torso, 7.5 inches off my hips, 4 inches off my thighs and 2.5 inches off my arms. Can't believe it! :):)

Wow! Well done you!

Just logged on to slimming world to find im now in the overweight category of the bmi woop almost 6 stone gone to get there but ive done it :) x

lauratrev said:
Just logged on to slimming world to find im now in the overweight category of the bmi woop almost 6 stone gone to get there but ive done it :) x

What a great achievement, well done you, I was only looking at the chart last night thinking I've got to lose about that to get to overweight too.. If I got to healthy I think everyone would think I look unhealthy as don't think I was that weight even as a kid! X

TRUE!! Mr Bears car is all fancy leather bucket thingie seats....less diggy in!!! slimmer me! x

Ha! I've bought an MX5 (snazzy 2 seater red sports car - say it with me - mid life crisis :p) my brother tried to shoe-horn himself into it (a big lad at 17stone and 6ft 2) goes to me "you better not gain that weight back Sis or you won't fit in it no more" Men! Honestly! :rolleyes:

Ha! I've bought an MX5 (snazzy 2 seater red sports car - say it with me - mid life crisis :p) my brother tried to shoe-horn himself into it (a big lad at 17stone and 6ft 2) goes to me "you better not gain that weight back Sis or you won't fit in it no more" Men! Honestly! :rolleyes:
Oh you luck lady! I bought a silver MX5 for my mid-life crisis (my 50th). My hubby wouldn't let me bring it to Spain - no aircon and I have to agree that in 40c it would have been no use with the top down in Summer - I'd have got frazzled.

6'2" may be a problem in an MX5 but I can confirm that at 5'7" and 16.5 stones you can still fit in one. Tell him to lose some weight!!!! lol

Back