NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I must say i'm finding it all a bit wierd. I still pick up whatever the biggest size is by autopilot, my head still thinks i am a 20/22 but i mentally have to tell myself to try it on. I've been buying cheap clothes from sainsburys whilst i am dropping weight, so, picked up a 20 (largest size) thinking this should fit... Too big! 18... Still too big!!! ( thinking the factory has chAnged the sizing or something, 16,14,12..... A size 10 fits the way i want it too! I was all excited at having 1 thing in my wardrobe with a size 10 on the label. But oddly now i feel cheated. I swear now their clothes are just cut bigger or something. A 12 at tesco fits perfectly too. So yay for that, but mates who haven't seen me since having my baby boy (11months old) don't recognise me! But i have discovered a love of lipsy dresses and shoes. Losing weight has finally changed me from an all black wearer to colour and a bit of glam too!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *4st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

I must say i'm finding it all a bit wierd. I still pick up whatever the biggest size is by autopilot, my head still thinks i am a 20/22 but i mentally have to tell myself to try it on. I've been buying cheap clothes from sainsburys whilst i am dropping weight, so, picked up a 20 (largest size) thinking this should fit... Too big! 18... Still too big!!! ( thinking the factory has chAnged the sizing or something, 16,14,12..... A size 10 fits the way i want it too! I was all excited at having 1 thing in my wardrobe with a size 10 on the label. But oddly now i feel cheated. I swear now their clothes are just cut bigger or something. A 12 at tesco fits perfectly too. So yay for that, but mates who haven't seen me since having my baby boy (11months old) don't recognise me! But i have discovered a love of lipsy dresses and shoes. Losing weight has finally changed me from an all black wearer to colour and a bit of glam too!

You have done tremendously well Tinkerbell to come so far :wow: so give yourself a break and have a round of applause :0clapper: and don't feel 'cheated' feel :wee:
Enjoy finding new & wonderful colours to brighten your wardrobe :D

This is possibly the best NSV I've ever read! Almost fell over laughing. I can't wait for this to happen- although I must admit holding up all the water is fun- yes I am an overgrown child at heart...
Haha :D I am sooo glad I'm not the only one. I used to love pushing the water back as far as possible to see if I could do it to the almost 'spilling over the edge' point. Not that I have a bath now. It was in an awkward position in a very small bathroom and I couldn't get out without the help of the bf :ashamed0005: I had a wet room put in instead. Luckily I prefer showers, but these days I'd be okay with a bath :)

Nothing wrong with an ample booty. :)

And you're right, very nice legs.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

*Warning! Completely Self Induldgent!

Okay. A very rare NSV for me BUT..

Tonight I am proud to say, even though I have a mega big bootie, I do indeed have a good pair of legs, even if I do say so myself :eek:

I am proud of my pins :D
And so you should be! Good pins indeed.

My nsv for tonight is having the confidence to dance for the first time! And then sitting in the pizza shop waiting for everyone else to get their cheese, chips and garlic. They smelt amazing, but I've come home and had some spaghetti and cheese instead :D

I didn't have a slice of pizza when it was left on the side. I was told at work to go buy new clothes as everything looked to big.

I bought a dress yesterday which finishes above my knee & am actually considering wearing it outaide the house. Asked hubby if it was too ahort - he said it was the first time he'd seen me in a dress that short in about 8 years & he doesn't know why i stopped as it looked really nice :)

I sat in McDonalds at 1am last night and watched my mates stuffing there faces and had nothing! Was hungry as well but came home and had 3 ryvita thins, still had syns but alot less than Maccy D's.

hoping said:
Wow!! Go you! Serious willpower! :)

I had a similar one fri night. After pub (where I stuck to diet coke) everyone went to the chippers and got chips and burgers and I got nothing!! Went back to my house and watched them eat them as the smell filled my kitchen!! Have to say I was super proud!!

You did even better to stick to diet coke, I was drinking but not nearly as much as I would have done pre SW, besides I'm out today too for a BBQ with BIG drinkers so not sure how today is going to pan out so wanted to limit the damage last night!

*Warning! Completely Self Induldgent!

Okay. A very rare NSV for me BUT..

Tonight I am proud to say, even though I have a mega big bootie, I do indeed have a good pair of legs, even if I do say so myself :eek:

photo1vfn.jpg

I am proud of my pins :D

And so you should be. They look great :) I hope mine look half as good when I get to goal :)

Well done everyone else for resisting the tempting (opinions may differ ;) ) food. That good feeling should help keep you all on track a little bit longer :)

Have just gone through my 'too small but hardly wore/ still got tags on, so I'm not getting rid' drawer. Managed to transfer at least 5 things into my wardrobe because they fit!!! Will have to eBay a couple because they're too big!!!! Result!!

Shelski said:
Have just gone through my 'too small but hardly wore/ still got tags on, so I'm not getting rid' drawer. Managed to transfer at least 5 things into my wardrobe because they fit!!! Will have to eBay a couple because they're too big!!!! Result!!

Woohoo love it when that happens. Good on u, feels great doesn't it?

There's no need to sit there hungry at McDonalds, there's some info on the SW website about the lower syn options that you could of had.
Grilled chicken McSalad without dressing is 2 syns on EE or RED, and only 8 on GREEN.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Thought I would try on a paid of jeans which has been "lost" at the back of my wardrobe for 3 year!!!!! Said to myself, these wont fit yet, but will try them anyway. Just could not believe it, they fit, whoop whoop, OK a little bit of muffin top pushed up, but they go over my hips lovely and zip up easily!!!! So chuffin chuffed!!!

hollys nan said:
Thought I would try on a paid of jeans which has been "lost" at the back of my wardrobe for 3 year!!!!! Said to myself, these wont fit yet, but will try them anyway. Just could not believe it, they fit, whoop whoop, OK a little bit of muffin top pushed up, but they go over my hips lovely and zip up easily!!!! So chuffin chuffed!!!

Nice, will get there one day my self... Well done xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

This is such a great thread, well done everyone. I am wearing jeans on me that are loose. Last year I grew out of them and was gutted to be getting so fat that they were painful to do up, now I'm in them again and see them as temporary as I'm back on track to getting to be where I really want to be

There's no need to sit there hungry at McDonalds, there's some info on the SW website about the lower syn options that you could of had.
Grilled chicken McSalad without dressing is 2 syns on EE or RED, and only 8 on GREEN.

Thanks ColJack - nice to know. Not that I ever go to McDonalds - not keen on them and my nearest is 40 kms away

SNAP! :D Well done :)

The more NSV's I have the more I'm motivated to keep going at it :)

Back