NSVs - Non Scale Victories

WelshCake said:
We always do a carboot sale around late May early June to get spends for my birthday weekend away, last yr I had to make my partner wear the bumbag with the money in as I couldn't breathe it was so tight even at full stretch, just checked and theres around 7-8" gap :D

Nice! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I must admit this is my favourite thread on Minimins!

I went to the hygienist today, last appointment was 6 months ago and she noticed I'd lost weight straight away - it always seems more real when a relative stranger notices!
:D

Great idea to buy next size down trousers from eBay Katoof, I'll be doing that too!
My todays nsv was telling my hubbie about my 3.5lb loss this morning. He said he thought I'd lost a bit round the middle this week!
It's nice when the people who live with you notice isn't it, I always think it's hard to see weight loss on people if you see them all the time.

My hubbie has not noticed any change in me and I'm glad he has been honest, I can't see a change although I know I have list the weight and my clothes are bigger but seeing it is different I think. Anyway he just rang me up and told me he was sorting out stuff and ended up looking at our wedding pics and he is amazed how different I look. Yay . I'm so chuffed !

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

My achievement today- I made a scan bran cake and actually ate some! Xx

Nice isn't it. Gotta get some more this week, I fancy some now you've mentioned it.

My NSV is I got into my final pair of "yeah, right. Those will never fit me" trousers that mom kept for me.
Size 54.
My last pair of "yeah, right. " jeans were a 56 and are baggy now. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Nice isn't it. Gotta get some more this week, I fancy some now you've mentioned it.

My NSV is I got into my final pair of "yeah, right. Those will never fit me" trousers that mom kept for me.
Size 54.
My last pair of "yeah, right. " jeans were a 56 and are baggy now. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Well done ColJack :woohoo:
And I too like scan bran cake. Am making one tomorrow :D

Well done and how do you make scan bran cake? I am intrigued.

Do a search in the recipe section & it'll come up. I've never actually tried it. Might have to give it a go.

My sw cons made one with choc chips in. For a scan bran cake it was lush! And 10 syns for the whole cake :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *4st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

I need to go online on my laptop to search out this recipe, My phone doesn't have a search area on it for minimins... This sounds good...

I do love this thread :D

I've just come back from 3 weeks away with my other job and I've a bunch of NSVs - despite working 18hour days under difficult circumstances I managed to stick to plan about 85% of the time (and was rewarded at the scales ;)).

My colleagues hadn't seen me since november and kept saying how great I looked and asking how I did it (one of them keeps emailing me for tips!).

When I got back I tried on my last pair of "too small" jeans (they're a neat 18) and they fit (I don't quite know what to do with jeans that I have to undo to take on and off... :eek:) and in the pocket I discovered a bus ticket from the last time I wore them... in 2001!!

wenchie said:
I do love this thread :D

I've just come back from 3 weeks away with my other job and I've a bunch of NSVs - despite working 18hour days under difficult circumstances I managed to stick to plan about 85% of the time (and was rewarded at the scales ;)).

My colleagues hadn't seen me since november and kept saying how great I looked and asking how I did it (one of them keeps emailing me for tips!).

When I got back I tried on my last pair of "too small" jeans (they're a neat 18) and they fit (I don't quite know what to do with jeans that I have to undo to take on and off... :eek:) and in the pocket I discovered a bus ticket from the last time I wore them... in 2001!!

10 yrs... gosh, that is a nsv to be proud of... go you... xx

Well done ColJack :woohoo:
And I too like scan bran cake. Am making one tomorrow :D
Me too :) I shall be doing a ginger one as I can taste ginger :D

My NSV today, bought a pair of size 16 jeans. I can do them up but some serious muffin top going on there! :8855: The idea is for them to be slightly loose by the time I go visit my little brother in Greece in September :D

Week 2 in the 'will Sarah eat the 1/2 a bourneville bar in her desk drawer?' saga.

So far NO! But it was a close thing about 2 hours ago ;)

Back