NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I wore a skirt for the first time in ages, and my husband said my legs looked great... He said they looked less 'bubbly' what he meant was less celulite!!! (I think that's a compliment!!!!) lol?

Oh - how I can identify with this. I wore a skirt for the first time in 10 YEARS last week! A friend gave me a fabulous halter neck black/leopard print swimsuit with matching floaty-floaty skirt to cover up when coming off the beach. (She's doing SW too and has "shrunk" out of it).
We ventured down there this week for the first time this year as we had friends staying who wanted to go for a swim (too cold for me yet). So I wore it and everyone commented on how much less there was of me - and yes my hubby too said my legs were less "lumpy"!
I too took this as a compliment - grab 'em when you can!

I did race for life yesterday - I have never contemplated doing it because I thought I was too big and wouldn't be able to make it round the course. I managed to do 5k in 32 mins, and I raised over £100 for charity too :)

Babysham80 said:
I did race for life yesterday - I have never contemplated doing it because I thought I was too big and wouldn't be able to make it round the course. I managed to do 5k in 32 mins, and I raised over £100 for charity too :)

Well done :) i'm doing it next week. Pretty nervous as it's the first time I've ever done anything like that. Eeek!!

Just go at your own pace, take ur i pod and make sure u have a bottle of water.
Best of luck
x

I bought a lovely dress from Ebay - and it was a Ted Baker one - size 4 - and IT FITS!

I am happy cos a) it was a bargain and b) it looks great and c) its a designer brand and i can fit in it!

x

I bought a lovely dress from Ebay - and it was a Ted Baker one - size 4 - and IT FITS!

I am happy cos a) it was a bargain and b) it looks great and c) its a designer brand and i can fit in it!

x
Nice one Ellebear. How about a photo of you in it?

I am on holiday and having a number of NSV's. Even though I still have some weight to lose, I have come a long way.

1. The towels provided fit round me
2. I am wearing shorts (and feeling ok in them) for the first time in about 10 years
3. I am tolerating the heat MUCH better than before and don't mind it being hot
4. I am wearing size 14 shorts and size 16 tops compared to size 24 bottoms and size 24-26 tops before
5. I can fit in the middle (pretty small) seat of the car

And the biggest one for me - I don't mind being in photos. In fact I have asked people to take photos of me on my camera on occasions so that I actually have some photos of me.

And I feel fantastic :D

Gail x

Well done Gail :woohoo: What gr8 morale boosters ;)

I haven't had a pic taken in years so looking forward to having one taken with my LO in the not too distant future :D

Ellebear said:

x

What's a 4 in english? I'm just indulging my lipsy love. Ahhhh pretty dresses! Never worn dresses as a grown up till now. I got told as a teenager i had rugby players legs so hid them
Away for 15 years!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *4st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

I am on holiday and having a number of NSV's. Even though I still have some weight to lose, I have come a long way.

. . .

And the biggest one for me - I don't mind being in photos. In fact I have asked people to take photos of me on my camera on occasions so that I actually have some photos of me.

And I feel fantastic :D

Gail x

Gail - I'm so, so pleased for you!
Way to go girl!

When I started this losing weight lark I said I would be happy when I got down from my size 22 bum and back into a size 16. I have "good child bearing hips" and have always been "broad in the beam".

When I was in the UK in April a friend gave me 2 pairs of trousers - both worn once as she'd shrunk out of them before really wearing them! One a UK 16 and one a US 14. Whilst I could get them on they were VERY tight. Lots of muffin top.

Tried them on today and I'm gobsmacked.:D
The UK 16 fits perfectly and whilst the US 14 is ok I think just a couple more pounds should do it!

What size will I be when I've got down to target I ask myself?:thinking2:
YAY for Slimming World.

I saw some family friends the other day, the last time they saw me was half way through my weight loss. They both said they would of walked straight passed me if I hadn't called them over! Followed by comments on how slim I was. Comments that make the journey of losing weight even more worth while! :)

Sorry in advance if this grosses ye out a bit, but I had (for me) a major NSV today. For the first time since my son was born I can see the c-section scar without having to lift my roll of flab out of the way! He's nearly 2, and instead of losing the baby weight I went from bigger to bigger, but now I must be going from big to less big! Yay me :D

Ellebear said:
Even better then!!! woo hoo! x

Woohoo! Well done you!

In lipsy (the only yummy stuff i found i like so far) am down to a 14, just tentetively buying 12's now as some are a bit loose. Hard to believe on new years eve just gone i sat and cried in my room that nothing fitted in the size 20+ stuff i had. Even my jeans dung in like they were a tornequet! Buying size 12-14 is unreal. Also happy to share one other thing.....

I have baggy pants!lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *4st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Back