NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Bought a lightweight coat at Tesco today in a 16. It doesn't fit me YET, but I know this time that I will fit into it well before my holiday in September :D

Great NSVs again everyone :clap:

Well mine for today is that we went out early this morning for another game of badminton (my new and addictive sport of choice :D) -never liked a sport before and now Im addicted :p, anyway -the duty PT instructor hadn't opened the gym so we nipped off to ALDI to get water, milk etc (in my gym kit -complete with hair tied up in a plait :p) -on the way home, we went to the gym again and they still hadn't opened *cue one very :rant2: me*.
Anyway -as I was in my kit I came home and decided to tackle one of my new Tae bo dvds -now we watched it through yesterday and me and hubby thought It was going to be a bit much for me.... so I switched it on thinking "I will do what I can" and I only blinkin did the whole thing :bliss: -the only bit I struggled on was combining some moves -I got the right moves -just not all in the right order :giggle: It was 40mins and boy was I sweating at the end..but I did it :faint2:
I don't know who was most surprised -me or hubby , although hubby did declare that he shouldn't have doubted me in the first place as its like he is married to a different person now who "won't say I can't" and who constantly amazes him with what she is capable of... *bless his little lovely socks* :0chacha:

SO this week I have managed to get in 2 gym sessions, 2x1.5hr badminton sessions and a 40min TaeBo workout :character00115: and it hasn't even felt like hard work... I WILL get to target I WILL :D
Keep up the great work everyone and keep those NSVs coming ;)

Bumped into my downstairs neighbour who I haven't really seen since last summer and she said " my god, you've lost some weight haven't you?" :)
She was gobsmacked when I told her I'd lost nearly 9 stone.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

This isn't a NSV but I'm posting it now so I can share how important this be when it comes, and I know it will come!
My boyfriend is in the army and last week, I was introduced to his Captain. As polite as I could be, did the whole "nice to meet you" etc. His reply was "nice to meet you too. When are you due to drop?"
Well, horrified I joined Sw the next day and although I'm avoiding him at the moment, come the Christmas Party, I CANNOT WAIT to see him again! I'll be sure to post the outcome. Mwahaha!

After getting in to a pair of black trousers from tesco in a 14, although a bit snug still they did up, today I picked up a pair of cropped White trousers half price in a 14 thinking they'll come in in a few weeks.

Tried them on and they fit!!!!!! I can't believe it, I'm wearing size 14 White trousers!!!!

I'm never going back to where I was.

HelsAngel said:
This isn't a NSV but I'm posting it now so I can share how important this be when it comes, and I know it will come!
My boyfriend is in the army and last week, I was introduced to his Captain. As polite as I could be, did the whole "nice to meet you" etc. His reply was "nice to meet you too. When are you due to drop?"
Well, horrified I joined Sw the next day and although I'm avoiding him at the moment, come the Christmas Party, I CANNOT WAIT to see him again! I'll be sure to post the outcome. Mwahaha!

The outcome will be "is the baby at your parents tonight?" :)

Oh don't think for one minute I didn't tell him I wasn't pregnant. Not going to let an opportunity to make someone squirm go amiss! He was far more embarrassed than I was, trust me! ;)

After getting in to a pair of black trousers from tesco in a 14, although a bit snug still they did up, today I picked up a pair of cropped White trousers half price in a 14 thinking they'll come in in a few weeks.

Tried them on and they fit!!!!!! I can't believe it, I'm wearing size 14 White trousers!!!!

I'm never going back to where I was.

oooh I got a bargain in Tesco today as well - spotted some denim shorts I liked was sulking as there weren't any size 16s - tried on some 14s just to see how far I'd have to go until they fit as I planned to wear them to see Take That in July - couldn't believe it - they fit now :eek: been sulking that I've not lost weight over past few weeks despite doing loads of exercise - guess the inches are still falling off :p

My hubby took me to my favourite restaurant on Friday for our anniversary.
I ordered a whopping fillet steak. But what amazed me was I didn't order any patatas a lo pobre - just a salad. In Spanish this means "poor man's spuds".
A bit like lyonnaise potatos - only BETTER - and swimming in garlic butter!
Mind you - I couldn't resist a "flan" (creme caramel).
Well - eggs are free !!!!!!! LOL

My NSV today is that I've made it through another year of life.
It's my birthday.
I've no party planned and will be going to Mom and Dads for a SW dinner. :)

Happy Birthday ColJack. Hope you have a really lovely day.

Gail x

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLJACK
Hope you have a good one!!!
:birthday:

My NSV today is that I've made it through another year of life.
It's my birthday.
I've no party planned and will be going to Mom and Dads for a SW dinner. :)

Happy Birthday ColJack, and well done on making it through another year :)
:birthday:

Happy birthday coljack, have a great day x

Happy birthday Col Jack

I went to the cinema last night having saved syns for chocolate ice-cream and didn't have any! I still felt full from tea so my need head overrode my want head! That doesn't happen often when it comes to ice cream!

Back