NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Happy birthday Col Jack.

I will be having a NSV today. I NEED to go shopping to get new jeans and some new summer tops!!! I got rid of all the summer tops that I don't like, are stained, don't suit me that I have worn for the last 2 summers and I only have 2 left!! Luckily I wear a uniform to work but even I am fed up of wearing the same 2 tops every weekend.

I also have to buy some new jeans. I put mine on yesterday and managed to "shimmy" then down until they were round my knees! I think they were an 18 so I am going looking for some 16's today (although my work trousers are a 14 - clothing sizes really need to be standardised!

Happy birthday coljack!
NSV just stuck some too big clothes on eBay, too nice not to. I'm going to treat myself to some smaller clothes soon. It is sooo expensive this losing weight business. Anyone else having the same problem? ;)

TrimTrixy said:
Happy birthday coljack!
NSV just stuck some too big clothes on eBay, too nice not to. I'm going to treat myself to some smaller clothes soon. It is sooo expensive this losing weight business. Anyone else having the same problem? ;)

Yeah, I am buying clothes on eBay and selling them on ebay to try and save money! Just bought a load of 24/26 so all my nice 32/30 and 28 clothes ate going on eBay I just can't afford new clothes every month

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Last edited:
Happy B'Day ColJack

My Entire outfit is a size 16 :) well chuffed! Not been a 16 since I was 16 lol! 3st odd left to loose :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My NSV is being able to get into my beautiful red and white dress again - a few weeks to get it a bit looser before showing it off at the Royal Opera House - like feeling good about myself again!!

Well mine is that I took the dog to the park and ran about kicking his football and wasnt breathless at the end! :D YAS!

Happy B'day from me too Coljack.

. . . It is sooo expensive this losing weight business. Anyone else having the same problem? ;)
Totally agree - but I'm not buying any more now until the Autumn. Going to live in my swimsuits and sarong for the next 3 months.
But even the new one I bought in April is too big now!

Wannabe skinnymini said:
Well my NSV is that I ran race for life this afternoon (in heavy rain!) in 29mins knocking 5mins off my pb! So proud of how far I've come :):)

Well done, don't suppose it was the Bradford one was it?

Nice wee NSV for me this morning, bought a new t shirt for my holiday in Sept a while back and tried it on and it fits perfect!! Size L lol ain't been a L in 15 years so so happy ;-)

ColJack said:
Bumped into my downstairs neighbour who I haven't really seen since last summer and she said " my god, you've lost some weight haven't you?" :)
She was gobsmacked when I told her I'd lost nearly 9 stone.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Wow! Go you!!!! That is epic! That's my hubby to be in weight terms (i can't lift him though) amazing loss :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Hmmm nsv for this week? Seeing the bmi reading starting with 25 :))))) okay so it's 25.99 but hell yeah i was serverely obese at the start of this year!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Well, went to pack for my birthday-cum-holiday and thought Id try on a pair of cropped trousers I havent fitted into for a few years -only to find they fall off my arse!

And THEN when I got to my holiday I opened my birthday present from my mum which was a gorgeous new dress - and its HUGE, about 2 sizes too big for me! Checked online and they've entirely sold out of this dress now :(

So no summer clothes now, dont know whether to laugh or cry... :D:cry::D:cry::D

just back from asda and someone I hadnt seen in a while walked past me then came running back and said I thought I knew your face but didnt realise it was you until I went past and said she had to really think who I was then went on to tell me I was fading away lol I was beaming and for the first time in a very long time I said thanks very much instead of putting myself down about the rest of the weight I still need to lose xx

just back from asda and someone I hadnt seen in a while walked past me then came running back and said I thought I knew your face but didnt realise it was you until I went past and said she had to really think who I was then went on to tell me I was fading away lol I was beaming and for the first time in a very long time I said thanks very much instead of putting myself down about the rest of the weight I still need to lose xx

:woohoo: Welldone mistysmummy :clap::clap:

Back