NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Just got back from an extravagent, indulgent hen do in La Manga to find all my clothes still fit and was faced with only a 1lb gain :eek: My choice making has obviously improved without me even feeling hard done to! :D

I got in size 16 trousers and the only reason I didn't buy them was bc they were about 8 inches too long (I'm obv a short ass lol) x

I bought a size 16dress today to wear on Saturday with leggins. This will only be the 3rd dress I have ever worn. 1 last October on holiday, my wedding dress and this one . Eeeeek scared already.

The 3 Per Una skirt I bought on the car boot sale all a size 16, 1 fits fine 2 are tight I can do them up bout wouldn't wear them yet, I have an hour glass figure so if the skirt is flared I can get away with a 16 but with jeans I need an 18 for the hips/belly/bum but they gape on the waist
Never thought I'd see a size 16 again when I was a size 26 this time last yr

Loving the NSV's guys!!

ermintrude said:
Well, went to pack for my birthday-cum-holiday and thought Id try on a pair of cropped trousers I havent fitted into for a few years -only to find they fall off my arse!

And THEN when I got to my holiday I opened my birthday present from my mum which was a gorgeous new dress - and its HUGE, about 2 sizes too big for me! Checked online and they've entirely sold out of this dress now :(

So no summer clothes now, dont know whether to laugh or cry... :D:cry::D:cry::D

Can't the dress be altered?xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Yeah Ill probably have a faff with it, I just hadn't realised how much my shape had changed already :) Used to be a squeeze getting into the biggest size they do :eek:

ermintrude said:
Yeah Ill probably have a faff with it, I just hadn't realised how much my shape had changed already :) Used to be a squeeze getting into the biggest size they do :eek:

Just have to think thinner these days which is great... Better to take in than let out or throw out ... Clothes are so expensive... Go you! Xx

When I collected my daughter today from after school club I saw another mum that I haven't seen since probably the start of the year. She said 'gosh you've lost some weight haven't you' I did the usual yes 2.5 stone but still 2.5 to go lol but it did feel good!!

When I collected my daughter today from after school club I saw another mum that I haven't seen since probably the start of the year. She said 'gosh you've lost some weight haven't you' I did the usual yes 2.5 stone but still 2.5 to go lol but it did feel good!!

:nono: Next time you have to miss that bit out Catherine ;) You can you know ;)
:hug99:

I've been doing SW for 5 weeks now (next WI is tomorrow), but i've lost 6lbs so far. Last week i put on a pair of size 16 trousers which used to be tight on me, but are now a comfortable fit and the zip does up no problem. I was very pleased. It's only a small NSV but it makes a difference PLUS both my mum and OH have said that my bum looks smaller!! x

rattymum said:
I've been doing SW for 5 weeks now (next WI is tomorrow), but i've lost 6lbs so far. Last week i put on a pair of size 16 trousers which used to be tight on me, but are now a comfortable fit and the zip does up no problem. I was very pleased. It's only a small NSV but it makes a difference PLUS both my mum and OH have said that my bum looks smaller!! x

Doesn't matter how small, every NSV is worth mentioning if it boosts our self esteem, let's face it we all like to feel good... xx

Brought a new pair of size 16 work trousers :D a little tight but my 18's I end up flashing my pants at work, I seem to be a size 17 lol

I just did the body fat measurement on the Embarrasing bodies website....after watching Embarassing Fat Bodies last night, and despite my BMI of obese :cry: I had a body fat of healthy 25%. :D
It cheered me up as i've has an STS with weight loss last 2 weeks but shows that my body magic must be working somewhere!

I ordered some jeans off eBay last week to slim in to. They came today so I thought I'd try them on to see how far away I was not only do they fit they're already too loose. Pleased with myself indeed.

2 cool rhings to report.:)

Shorts!!!!!!! First pair of shorts i am wearing in um at least 15 years!!!!!!!

And someone i've not seen for a while come up and commented on how good my bum looked!lol was a little irked as she is a dear friend, and she friends don't usually comment on bums, she was like wow! Ur other bum has gone! :-O LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

I wore a dress this weekend that was shorter than my knees - first time in 8 years or so. And i got wolf whistled - again for the first time in about 8 years!! :woohoo:

A male colleague said "have you been losing weight?" to which I replied yes. Hd then said "you can really tell" . I'm chuffed as I haven't told anyone at work :):):)

kingleds said:
I wore a dress this weekend that was shorter than my knees - first time in 8 years or so. And i got wolf whistled - again for the first time in about 8 years!! :woohoo:

^^^ like :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Back