NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Lots this weekend - although that's not surprising as I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in almost a year.

Several came up to me once they heard me talking to others about losing weight to say how good I was looking, but didn't want to say anything incase I either a - had something wrong with me, or b - they'd misremembered how I looked. Several people also said I was looking really slim and almost skinny.

I also tried on new a new medieval dress to find out what size I was as all my old ones look like sack tied in the middle and I've gone down from a 40inch bust to a 34inch bust, even if it isn't my actual bust measurement - it's what fits the rest of me and the bust squishes in holding it firm.

I feel so happy it's a sticky now!!! Xxx i feel like a proud parent hah x

It's great isn't it hun?! I'm so chuffed to have got a thread as a 'sticky' and I love that so many peeps get great NSVs! xx

I love having a peruse through this thread, having a sneaky peak from time to time at some fantastic NSVs. Well done everyone, we are all doing so well and SHOULD be proud of every decision we have made. So impressed by all of your amazing journeys.xx

Shouldn't really class this as a NSV but was talking on FB to a friend about her weightloss and she told me that she had a gastric band fitted last June but hadn't told anybody ... we've lost the same amount of weight and mine was through SW since January. Made me smile!

Just bought a pair of size 14 skinnies (from primark -but still!). I was a sweaty size 20 this time last year (sweaty cos June was really hot last year!)

giraffegirl said:
Shouldn't really class this as a NSV but was talking on FB to a friend about her weightloss and she told me that she had a gastric band fitted last June but hadn't told anybody ... we've lost the same amount of weight and mine was through SW since January. Made me smile!

Good on you!!! My aunt had a band fitted but its all she talks about! But its made her really ill! And she has alot of excess skin she now needs to pay to remove. Im so proud of myself for joining sw! Im reping the health benifits and just feeling better!! Good on you for not cheating and getting a band/balloon! I have nothing but love and respect for you hun! (i do feel rather strongly about this subject) xxx

I can suddenly fit into so many old clothes - clothes I haven't worn for about 5/6yrs.
And last week I bought a pair of SIZE10 jeans!!!!!!!!! I was SO thrilled!

xx

Aybo said:
I can suddenly fit into so many old clothes - clothes I haven't worn for about 5/6yrs.
And last week I bought a pair of SIZE10 jeans!!!!!!!!! I was SO thrilled!

xx

Now that is a cool NSV... well done xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I can't remember if I've mentioned this but....last week I went swimming with a tankini I wore on holiday last year.

Lets say if I had swam too fast or dove in I would have been left with red cheeks ;)

Roopstardeluxe said:
Just bought a pair of size 14 skinnies (from primark -but still!). I was a sweaty size 20 this time last year (sweaty cos June was really hot last year!)

Like :) i can sort of oik myself into a pradamark 14 now. I remember back when an 18 in the skinny jeans would not even pass my calf! Good on you! Well done :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Bit of an odd one but I'm sure you ladies will know what I mean....those sanitary disposal bins in public loos and the ones at work, the ones you can't help but spill over onto with your thighs and bum and it's kinda gross but what choice do you have!? My thighs aren't made for hovering ;-) Then when you get up off the loo it slams into the cubicle wall as your bum and thighs fling it out the way....well today I noticed I haven't heard that sound for a while.....I'm no longer spilling over onto it!!

Told you it was an odd one ;-)

Bit of an odd one but I'm sure you ladies will know what I mean....those sanitary disposal bins in public loos and the ones at work, the ones you can't help but spill over onto with your thighs and bum and it's kinda gross but what choice do you have!? My thighs aren't made for hovering ;-) Then when you get up off the loo it slams into the cubicle wall as your bum and thighs fling it out the way....well today I noticed I haven't heard that sound for a while.....I'm no longer spilling over onto it!!

Told you it was an odd one ;-)

I know EXACTLY what you mean! That's brilliant!

Emmy lou that is brilliant! made me giggle, completely know where you are coming from and yes I now have noticed the extra space there too. Hehe x

Just sorted out my wardrobe half of it is gone because they are all too big for me now- will have to do some more clothes shopping!

I had a party on sat and, although I went 'flexi' for the alcohol I didn't touch the Buffet which included 2 chocolate fountains!!!!! I did cave and have 4 nuggets from burger king about 2.30am but considering my usual devouring of the buffet and all but sticking my head in the chocolate fountain, Dawn French style, I'm very proud of that. I did get a 0.5lb gain on mon though but I expected that.
Does my lack of face stuffing count as an NSV?!?!

dreamslim said:
I had a party on sat and, although I went 'flexi' for the alcohol I didn't touch the Buffet which included 2 chocolate fountains!!!!! I did cave and have 4 nuggets from burger king about 2.30am but considering my usual devouring of the buffet and all but sticking my head in the chocolate fountain, Dawn French style, I'm very proud of that. I did get a 0.5lb gain on mon though but I expected that.
Does my lack of face stuffing count as an NSV?!?!

Yes of course it does, I think you did very well, we have to remember that one, this isn't a diet that we are on until we are at the desired weight, but a plan to eat for life... Life does throw us curved balls, like weddings etc, but you have to do the best you can, like you did and go back on plan asap... xx

sleepytimesadie said:
Yes of course it does, I think you did very well, we have to remember that one, this isn't a diet that we are on until we are at the desired weight, but a plan to eat for life... Life does throw us curved balls, like weddings etc, but you have to do the best you can, like you did and go back on plan asap... xx

Thank you, honestly, 6 months ago I would have been feeding my face like there's no tomorrow, especially when drunk and it was only on the Tues that I realised what I'd done (or not done, as the case may be) so I'm quite proud that it didn't take a ton of willpower but seems to have happened naturally, I guess my mindset has changed more than I realised. :)

Back