NSVs - Non Scale Victories

dreamslim said:
Thank you, honestly, 6 months ago I would have been feeding my face like there's no tomorrow, especially when drunk and it was only on the Tues that I realised what I'd done (or not done, as the case may be) so I'm quite proud that it didn't take a ton of willpower but seems to have happened naturally, I guess my mindset has changed more than I realised. :)

No worries honey I am proud of you, as I am much the same... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Wow, it's so inspiring to read some of your comments-I wish I had time to go back over the whole thread!

My 1st NSV of this journey happened to me the other day. My 7 year old daughter was staring at me & said "mum, your tummy looks much smaller", it really made my day even though she thinks I'm perfect anyway.

Going the gym has become part of me now, not a chore as it was. I still sometimes need a nudge to get there - but all the staff know me and i think that shows my attendance is nice and regular!!!! :)

x

Nicking my 11yr old daughters pj bottoms was my nsv last night. I actually picked them up by mistake, as i have the same pair just bigger (hers are an adult size 8 which hang off her!)

Ob and seeing my hubby2b sorting the wahing and managing to completely mix up my clothes and those of my 10 and 11 yr old daughters. He said there is little difference between my t shirts and theirs now :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

I've been doing 'rebounding' (mini-trampoline thing) for a month now and last night my hubby said my thighs were looking slimmer! woohoo!

Went to put on a pair of my old faithful work trousers this morning (as the weather has took a horrible turn for the worse! :mad: ) and they were FAR too big for me - they looked like they belonged to someone else - someone I hope I never see again! :cross:

Now, I love those trousers but it felt sooo good to hang them back up this morning - hopefully for the last time!!! YAY! :D

Sometimes you know in your head you've lost weight but it's hard to see it in the mirror - as we all know we are our own harshest critics!....it's when you are faced with something so obvious like this that it makes it seem so much more real! A very happy NSV for me this morning! RIP old faithfuls! :D

Just been to get measured for a bra and I've gone from a 40D to a 34-36DD :D :D
So happy! No wonder my old ones were looking baggy ;)

Where do you go to get measured for a bra? :confused: Ive never had it done in my life, I just pick what feels like it fits, but tbh I never really find anything that does, theyre too tight / too big / the wires stick in me / the strap rides up my back. Never really found a bra Im happy with:confused:

ermintrude said:
Where do you go to get measured for a bra? :confused: Ive never had it done in my life, I just pick what feels like it fits, but tbh I never really find anything that does, theyre too tight / too big / the wires stick in me / the strap rides up my back. Never really found a bra Im happy with:confused:

You've never been measured?! It's really important to get measured regularly- the right size bra is a godsend!

When I was smaller I used to go to marks and spencers- but now I am a gg cup I tend to go to bravissimo who cater for bigger boobs.

I find bravissimo better as they really know their best fit for boobs!! Xx

Debenhams is really good, I don't find M&S great, you'll be amazed how much slimmer you'll look with a proper fitting bra as it lifts you and supports you (just like a good friend hehe) ;) xx

In my adult life I don't really remember being able to buy a bra anywhere other than Evans, so I've never been measured. It'd be no good going to M&S / Bravissimo I dont think as they wouldn't do bras in my size anyway (I measure about 47 inches just below my boobs, my boobs are about 54 inches, but this is obviously only rough as it's hard to measure yourself). I usually get a 48DD or 48D purely cos I cant get anything bigger than a 48. My boobs themselves are not that 'big' (well they are big, but only cos Im so overweight, I was a B when I was thin).

I've just used an online calculator that says I should get a 52C or 52B, another says I'mto big to calculate a size and suggests cup size G!!! ~Where the hell in the world would it be possible to get a 52B/C FFS...:mad:

In my adult life I don't really remember being able to buy a bra anywhere other than Evans, so I've never been measured. It'd be no good going to M&S / Bravissimo I dont think as they wouldn't do bras in my size anyway (I measure about 47 inches just below my boobs, my boobs are about 54 inches, but this is obviously only rough as it's hard to measure yourself). I usually get a 48DD or 48D purely cos I cant get anything bigger than a 48. My boobs themselves are not that 'big' (well they are big, but only cos Im so overweight, I was a B when I was thin).

I've just used an online calculator that says I should get a 52C or 52B, another says I'mto big to calculate a size and suggests cup size G!!! ~Where the hell in the world would it be possible to get a 52B/C FFS...:mad:

Goddess Keira Soft Cup Bra | Simply Be

I am a 36h and when I was slim was a 32j so I am used to hunting down weird and wonderful sizes :)

I'd probably suggest to go and get measured properly then you can look online for your size, then at least you know what size you are. These little things make us feel better as women, there's nothing worse than uncomfortable undies ;)

You angel! :) Im sure I've checked out S Be before and they didnt go above a 48! Wahoo, shall be checking out new sizes when I get back! :)

Mmm just checked out some measurements I made in July 2008 - my boobs were 57 inches then, so Im 3 inches down :)

Went to the circus tonight and was so hungry (no dinner till I got in) and was surrounded by junk food, candy floss, burgers, chips it smelt sooo good. My friend had chips it was tough sitting next to her! But i resisted telling myself every good day still counts (I'm away for the weekend) Go me with the will power!

Had an appointment at the smoking clinic (naughty me I started again), and the woman that runs it who I last saw in November had to look for me twice cos she didn't recognise me :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Got my bronze body magic yesterday - woohoo! So proud of myself for keeping it up for 4 weeks. Silver here I come!

My 2nd in a week!

I wore my engagement ring today for the 1st time in a long time, a month ago it also cut the circulation to my finger off.

Back