NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I went to my local carnival and didn't have any of the burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, cakes or cupcakes on offer.

Hope it's ok to join this thread.

Yesterday I had a small (but quite important to me) NSV.
I went to ASK restaurant with my OH- his treat.
To start, we shared some garlic bread, for my main I had spinach and ricotta raivoli in a creme fraiche sauce (no cream or white wine for me!). Glass or 2 of water.

That might sound pretty high in syns to some people. BUT before, I would have had:
Garlic Bread with cheese to myself
A four cheese pizza or massive calzone all to myself
AND
A really sweet desert, glass (or 2) of wine.

I'm happy that I can go out for dinner, choose fairly sensibly, and not go out of control.

:)

Clairebear1000 said:
Hope it's ok to join this thread.

Yesterday I had a small (but quite important to me) NSV.
I went to ASK restaurant with my OH- his treat.
To start, we shared some garlic bread, for my main I had spinach and ricotta raivoli in a creme fraiche sauce (no cream or white wine for me!). Glass or 2 of water.

That might sound pretty high in syns to some people. BUT before, I would have had:
Garlic Bread with cheese to myself
A four cheese pizza or massive calzone all to myself
AND
A really sweet desert, glass (or 2) of wine.

I'm happy that I can go out for dinner, choose fairly sensibly, and not go out of control.

:)

It's a fab feeling isn't it?
I went for an Indian last night and had garlic mushrooms to start (only syns on that is the garlic butter) tandoori chicken (9 syns) and bombay potatoes (7 syns for the whole thing but I only had 2 spoonfuls) which, same as you, is also over my syns but previously would have had a naan bread, curry, keema rice and poppadoms. Besides, I only had 5 syns a day for the 2 days previous and only 6 other syns that day so for the week I'm still evens. :)

dreamslim said:
It's a fab feeling isn't it?
I went for an Indian last night and had garlic mushrooms to start (only syns on that is the garlic butter) tandoori chicken (9 syns) and bombay potatoes (7 syns for the whole thing but I only had 2 spoonfuls) which, same as you, is also over my syns but previously would have had a naan bread, curry, keema rice and poppadoms. Besides, I only had 5 syns a day for the 2 days previous and only 6 other syns that day so for the week I'm still evens. :)

I'm glad to hear other people feel the same. Of course garlic bread is syn-tastic, but it was shared. And pasta is an ok option, as I said I could have had a huuuuuge pizza which is huge in syns. I feel proud of myself.

And well done you, it's great that SW let's us be in control and still have treats etc :)

I too have done this, but my victory was that I used my flexible syns and had a great night out (with pizza and cocktails) but the next day did not feel guilty and carries on with the plan. (and lost 1/2lb that week too). This is in contrast to my attitude before which would have been oh well, I have spoiled it might as well eat my body weight in cheese and chocolate, because i am a failure and I can't stick to anything etc.

I have finally bought a pair of skinny jeans! From next too - where I find they size on the small side. Very happy :)

Charmel said:
I have finally bought a pair of skinny jeans! From next too - where I find they size on the small side. Very happy :)

Well done, something I can only dream about!

My NSV for today is that I went food shopping straight after weigh in and I was starving. Intended to buy something naughty as I haven't got weigh in for another 3 weeks (going on holiday) but when it came to it I really didn't want anything. I even put a box of mini ice creams back because I knew that I wouldn't have eaten just one. The old me would've used this week until going on holiday as an excuse to pig out but now I feel like there's no need to do that and I don't want to. My way of thinking has definitely changed for the better. I love SW!

My wedding dress fits now. No gape.

Still a little tight, but i have my first fitting on 3rd September. So can hopefully lose another 7lbs by then and it will still be okay.

I cant begin to explain the panic that it arriving early had caused, but it was all over nothing.

its a size '12 US bridal' as well, which is approx a size 14 in UK terms!

Woooooo! I love seeing a 12 on the label!!! :) xxx

I bought a gorgeous size 14 dress at the weekend and a denim jacket I've wanted for ages also in a size 14 ...... and both fit perfectly. :D Much better than elasticated waists and a size 18-20!

littlemeercat said:
I bought a gorgeous size 14 dress at the weekend and a denim jacket I've wanted for ages also in a size 14 ...... and both fit perfectly. :D Much better than elasticated waists and a size 18-20!

Aw that's fab! Well done :D I'm always pleased by clothes size victories too :)

Chuffed for you babe... I love US sizes... We will of course need pics of you in it Mrs... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Fantastic ellebear I know that was one of your main goals, you're going to look amazing :D
Well I've just been in mango and tried on a pair of shorts and a summer dress in a size L, well they were both too big :D so I asked the shop assistant what size an L was and she said a 12!!!! Now I'm not claiming to be a 10, but still a 12 too big!!! Yipeee! :D small things make me happy ( pardon the pun) ;)

Well following on from my NSV of wearing leggings for the 1st time ever when I went out on Saturday night with the girls. I got chatted up by an 18 year old....he told me I was well fit & would I go out with him...I'm 35, married with a 2 year old & 9 month old baby...I'm old enough to be his Mum pmsl...X

big bear said:
Well following on from my NSV of wearing leggings for the 1st time ever when I went out on Saturday night with the girls. I got chatted up by an 18 year old....he told me I was well fit & would I go out with him...I'm 35, married with a 2 year old & 9 month old baby...I'm old enough to be his Mum pmsl...X

Brilliant!!!!

I was just looking at photos taken at the weekend and for the first time in years I don't think I look huge! Pretty happy about that!!

Back