NSVs - Non Scale Victories

This will make you chuckle... It did me... Sometimes at work- I work in Sainsburys as a code checker- I have to reduce potatoes, the big bags are in deep black bins and there is on average about 80 bags in them... If you reduce them you lean in to get them all priced... I have been known to lean in too far and fall in... All you can see is two legs and new rocks waving in the air! Yesterday I fell in again, and my boss John rescued me, but as he pulled me out he said,
' blimey Chelle, you've lost some chunk since I last did that, I haven't even broke a sweat lifting you out'... Bless him... lol xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Tried on a pair of size 8 jeans in select yesterday, they did give me muffin top so didn't buy them, but they were skinny fit and I got them up my legs and fastened.

Well done everyone
Mine is I'm wearing size 16 jeans, first time I've been a 16 in about ten years and not only do they fit but they're a bit big around the waist

sleepytimesadie said:
This will make you chuckle... It did me... Sometimes at work- I work in Sainsburys as a code checker- I have to reduce potatoes, the big bags are in deep black bins and there is on average about 80 bags in them... If you reduce them you lean in to get them all priced... I have been known to lean in too far and fall in... All you can see is two legs and new rocks waving in the air! Yesterday I fell in again, and my boss John rescued me, but as he pulled me out he said,
' blimey Chelle, you've lost some chunk since I last did that, I haven't even broke a sweat lifting you out'... Bless him... lol xx

Love it!!! Well done everyone!! NSV's are just as important, if not more so sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I tried on a dress i got on ebay from Debut - and its a size 14 and fits like a glove! (well, like a dress really - no fingers!) x

sleepytimesadie said:

LMAO!! That's so funny!
My NSV is that I noticed I can bend down in our (small) shower cubicle and not have to worry about my fat a**e pushing my face through the glass door!

Ellebear said:
I tried on a dress i got on ebay from Debut - and its a size 14 and fits like a glove! (well, like a dress really - no fingers!) x

I got a pair of trousers once that fit like a glove, 2 extra legs with nothing in them... :D ... ( think about it ladies. ;) )

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I bought a size 10 coat today and it fits! Can't remember ever being a size 10 and didn't think I ever would be! As high as a kite right now :)

shineykat said:
I do temping work and haven't been to this workplace for 3 months or so... when I arrived everyone kept commenting on how much weight I'd lost.. .although I'd plateaued for 3 weeks it made me feel good about myself and I had a sudden surge of inspiration to keep going :) and last night finally lost 3.5 pounds!

Well done you! That's great news.

yay for this thread it's blimmin awesome!

yesterday i went into new look and tried on size 14 jeans (i had done last month and o could get them done up but looked like a mushroom!) well this week they fit comfortably! so i bought them becasue frankly i've bloody well earned them!

and today there was a pm from a friend of mine congratulating me saying that i'm inspiriing her to try slimming world and exercise :eek:migosh: that's overwhelming!

my lovely hubby has lost 2 stone in 6 weeks, but is being so supportive of me it's darling, he's wonderful! <3

(love this thread!)

yay for this thread it's blimmin awesome!

yesterday i went into new look and tried on size 14 jeans (i had done last month and o could get them done up but looked like a mushroom!) well this week they fit comfortably! so i bought them becasue frankly i've bloody well earned them!

and today there was a pm from a friend of mine congratulating me saying that i'm inspiriing her to try slimming world and exercise :eek:migosh: that's overwhelming!

my lovely hubby has lost 2 stone in 6 weeks, but is being so supportive of me it's darling, he's wonderful! <3

(love this thread!)

Fantastic ..well done you, isn't lovely to have such a supportive hubby, mine is too and is really happy to eat and prepare what I eat even though he's built like a stick insect lol xx

Lily42uk said:
Fantastic ..well done you, isn't lovely to have such a supportive hubby, mine is too and is really happy to eat and prepare what I eat even though he's built like a stick insect lol xx

My hubby saw how I was losing and decided to join me! I had to show him how to use mfp but now he does it (mostly) all by himself. The trouble is, now he knows how many calories there are in the sandwiches I make him. The best one had 650 cals in one sandwich! Lol!

Back