NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I have 2 today! I did my first 'try on something that didn't fit before you started SW' this morning and I now have a brand new pair of trousers to wear, in fact I have been wearing them ever since! It is so exciting when you step into them and they simply slide up your legs and do up! Last time I tried these on I could wedge myself into them and just about do the button up if I laid down and sucked my tummy in!
Second one is I did Race for Life this morning :D

It is amazing isn't it?! I put my new jeans on today, half expecting them to be suddenly too tight, as if it were too good to be true! But nope, they still slide on :D

I've just been shopping all day, and I have a couple of NSV's. Firstly I avoided all rubbish food ALL DAY so I am pleased with that, as usually when I'm shopping I go for pasties, paninis etc.
The second for me is going into H&M and coming out with 2 items (trousers and dress) from their basics range, in a MEDIUM! Not a large :) happy chappy :) x

been through my wardrobe today - and it went from the sublime to the ridiculous....

Sublime - some skirts/trousers just dropped to my ankles on their own, others just with a quick jiggle

Ridiclous (but still sublime) - How some of my other clothes they were way too big itried using a belt or the back ties and i looked like a sack of taties tied in the middle:D:D:D:D:p

Bought new workout gear... in SMALL!!! :D

*could almost have gotten away with Extra Small, but a bit too wimpy to buy that!

Either the elastic is going in all my knickers or they are getting too big for me!! Time for new underwear me thinks!!

After reading everyone talking about going down a size in trousers I thought I'd give it a go. 4 weeks ago I had a go and couldn't get any of my size 14 jeans above my thighs.
Tried on a pair of jeans today and they fit!!!! They were a little tight but no overhang and once they had a bit give back in them they fit like a glove. :-D

dreamslim said:
After reading everyone talking about going down a size in trousers I thought I'd give it a go. 4 weeks ago I had a go and couldn't get any of my size 14 jeans above my thighs.
Tried on a pair of jeans today and they fit!!!! They were a little tight but no overhang and once they had a bit give back in them they fit like a glove. :-D

That's fab news! Well done :)

Charmel said:
That's fab news! Well done :)

Thank you I was so happy I accidentally flashed my street. Haha..........
I was in the kitchen late last night and was checking for overhang etc and how much room I actually had in the jeans in the window completely forgetting that if any one of 4 house were by their back door or in their gardens would have had a full view shot of my belly. Haha. Oh well, hopefully they'd have been impressed too. Lol.

Morning all

Well I have been missing in action for 2 weeks (had an emergency dash back to the uk as MIL was in hospital) so I have 2 weeks of your NSVs to go and catch up on :D
I have copied my latest ones over from my diary as Im all :bliss:

So then here we go.... the biggy is that when I last went on a plane I had to have the belt as long as I could and wedge it under my fatta podge (well I wasn't asking for an extender :eek:) -this time I tootled into my seat -fastened my belt and had about 8" of belt left over AND it was fastened around my widest part :happy036:. I swear its a good job you belt up before take of because I bounce up n down in my seat like a toddler at xmas .. had we been in the air they would have thought it was turbulence :rotflmao:

Then, last time I couldn't drop the tray more than about 45degrees -so NO drink for me :sigh:-now, not only can I drop it flat BUT I had to slide it up to me about 3" too -so I had a drink on the flight out just so I could use my tray :D

When we met up with hubbies extended family -I thought some of them were acting a bit off :confused:-I didn't find out until the SIL we were staying with told me that when we left the hospital it was the topic of conversation that hubby had got divorced and remarried without telling anyone :eek:They thought I was someone new :giggle:

ooh ooh and after the funeral I was looking after a baby and we went into the pub garden and they didn't have a baby swing so I sat my backside on a normal swing and swung with him -not only does my as* now fit but it didn't even dig in :party0011:-I did refrain from seeing if I could get down the slide though !

finally for now-one that hubby pointed out.... that I was quite happy to go out and have something to eat without doing the old -find a corner and face a wall so no-one can see thing that I used to do.

Well thats mine for now... ooh and me n hubby also managed to STS for the 2 weeks we were away despite sleeping on someones floor and having no scales, jug, measuring spoons OR oven :D
Right of to catch up on the last 2 weeks of your achievements ;). Have a great day everyone!!!

CAPRICORN said:
Morning all

Well I have been missing in action for 2 weeks (had an emergency dash back to the uk as MIL was in hospital) so I have 2 weeks of your NSVs to go and catch up on :D
I have copied my latest ones over from my diary as Im all :bliss:

So then here we go.... the biggy is that when I last went on a plane I had to have the belt as long as I could and wedge it under my fatta podge (well I wasn't asking for an extender :eek:) -this time I tootled into my seat -fastened my belt and had about 8" of belt left over AND it was fastened around my widest part :happy036:. I swear its a good job you belt up before take of because I bounce up n down in my seat like a toddler at xmas .. had we been in the air they would have thought it was turbulence :rotflmao:

Then, last time I couldn't drop the tray more than about 45degrees -so NO drink for me :sigh:-now, not only can I drop it flat BUT I had to slide it up to me about 3" too -so I had a drink on the flight out just so I could use my tray :D

When we met up with hubbies extended family -I thought some of them were acting a bit off :confused:-I didn't find out until the SIL we were staying with told me that when we left the hospital it was the topic of conversation that hubby had got divorced and remarried without telling anyone :eek:They thought I was someone new :giggle:

ooh ooh and after the funeral I was looking after a baby and we went into the pub garden and they didn't have a baby swing so I sat my backside on a normal swing and swung with him -not only does my as* now fit but it didn't even dig in :party0011:-I did refrain from seeing if I could get down the slide though !

finally for now-one that hubby pointed out.... that I was quite happy to go out and have something to eat without doing the old -find a corner and face a wall so no-one can see thing that I used to do.

Well thats mine for now... ooh and me n hubby also managed to STS for the 2 weeks we were away despite sleeping on someones floor and having no scales, jug, measuring spoons OR oven :D
Right of to catch up on the last 2 weeks of your achievements ;). Have a great day everyone!!!

Loving the one about hubby getting a new wife. Priceless ! Well done.

that's brilliant dreamslim!

nsv's last night at church - lots of people who haven't seen me commenting on my loss! my tan (!) and the preacher who is a lecturer at uni saying he hadn't thought i was old enough to have a 10 yr old son! :D (he can come again, we like him!)

all that left me feeling very positive about my achievement and my appearance. sometimes i can get too hung up on the scales and numbers and forget that it's about being healthy - now i know people looking at me are seeing a happier, healthier woman <3

I do love this thread :D

I have a wee family-related NSV; my parents came over for a visit (first time I've seen them in about 3 months) and neither of them could shut up about how good I'm looking, and my dad actually took me aside to tell me how proud he is of me (I'm such a daddy's girl, being a grown up be darned, I was all teary!) :D

I was in a photo on Saturday night in which I wasn't the fat one!!!
Nice one Kingleds!
One of the main reasons that motivated me to finish losing weight was at christmas I had a girls night at my house and in all the photos I am the 'fat one' looking forward to inviting them all again this year and not dreading the photos :D

Nice one Kingleds!
One of the main reasons that motivated me to finish losing weight was at christmas I had a girls night at my house and in all the photos I am the 'fat one' looking forward to inviting them all again this year and not dreading the photos :D

You will definiitely notice a difference hun!

For all of those of you who for years have 'I take a horrible picture' I can safely say that I think alot is to do with the weight. I wouldn't for one second say I take a good picture now - but its at least passable :)

Oh - I forgot one - Saturday night at a party my hubbys best mate walked right past me and didn't recognise me. The man has known me since I was 11!!

And, I was wearing a dress which finished above my knees, and got a compliment about my legs (admittedly from a slightly pervy mate, and if hubby knew he would probably not be impressed, but it still counts surely?!?)

A pair of size 16 trousers that previously I couldn't even get over my arse now do up - albeit I can't breathe very much, hah, but in a while I hope they'll fit nicely. :D (Very small NSV, but still.)

Fantastic NSV everyone - especially capricorn - the plane seatbelt and tray table are my number 1 enemy! I can't wait for the day I can walk on the plane KNOWING that both will fit.

Back