NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Two NSVs for me. I'm now in a 36DD bra as opposed to busting out (oo-er missus!) of a 38F! Oh, and I bought two pairs of size 12 jeans in the Next sale and they fit!

i love the photo one (Kingleds) - i personally like that it doesnt take me 5 minutes getting into a pose for a camera to make myself look slimmer (head up, tummy in, bum reversing out of shot!). I also dont have to hide behind everyone and lean in anymore to help to make me look slimmer! Hoorah!

Although sometimes there are ALWAYS bad angle shots that make the slimmest of people look large!!!! x

Going to a wedding on the 6th august so decided I needed a dress (I haven't worn one since 1991). Anyway I ordered a LBD from asos, and having never bought anything from there before if'd and ah'd between a size 12 or 14. Anyway went fir the 12 and it arrived this morning, took it out of the packaging and thought there wasn't a hope in hell it was gonna fit. Just tried it on and it only flipping well fits!!!!! Yeah it's a bit clingy around the belly & it's far from skinny, but it fits!!!!! & I'm gonna wear it so it can't look THAT bad :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

leighxx said:
Going to a wedding on the 6th august so decided I needed a dress (I haven't worn one since 1991). Anyway I ordered a LBD from asos, and having never bought anything from there before if'd and ah'd between a size 12 or 14. Anyway went fir the 12 and it arrived this morning, took it out of the packaging and thought there wasn't a hope in hell it was gonna fit. Just tried it on and it only flipping well fits!!!!! Yeah it's a bit clingy around the belly & it's far from skinny, but it fits!!!!! & I'm gonna wear it so it can't look THAT bad :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Go for it babe... Glam it up... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Popped into M&S today bought myself 2 pairs of pyjamas in the sale got a lemon pair and a blue pair reduced from £12 to £6, the girl at the checkout said "These are a fab bargain we have them in pink too but they'd be no good for you we only have size 20-22's left all the 16-18's are gone" I could have kissed her I'm sure people thought I was a bit touched as I had a massive grin on my face all round town :D

Well it was raining today so went to get my coat to go shopping which I've not worn since winter. It's a double breasted one but when I bought it I took all the buttons off and moved them to the other side to make it single breasted and a few inches bigger, it still used to be too tight. Now its way too big! I can cross the buttonholes over to the original double breasted buttons and still plenty of space left! :) Gonna have to get sewing again! :)

ermintrude said:
Well it was raining today so went to get my coat to go shopping which I've not worn since winter. It's a double breasted one but when I bought it I took all the buttons off and moved them to the other side to make it single breasted and a few inches bigger, it still used to be too tight. Now its way too big! I can cross the buttonholes over to the original double breasted buttons and still plenty of space left! :) Gonna have to get sewing again! :)

How great does that make you feel? Well done... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Also when I went shopping even though I didnt think Id have lost any/much this week I felt incredibly lighter, stronger and more energetic, walking just felt... easier! :) Although it occurred to me I dont think Ive left the house in the last 2 weeks :( I should fix that :cool:

I can get my Pandora bracelet on and off my wrist without having to unclasp it :D

I am, by far, the fattest and most unfit person in my gym...........and I still went!!!!

Bit of back story, lol, my gym is in a sports uni and so everyone is ridiculously fit and toned, I normally go with my friend who is about the same height and weight as me (but is more fit) but she couldn't go today and I still went on my own despite knowing I would be surrounded by ridiculously slim and toned bods. Think that is an NSV?!

I am, by far, the fattest and most unfit person in my gym...........and I still went!!!!

Bit of back story, lol, my gym is in a sports uni and so everyone is ridiculously fit and toned, I normally go with my friend who is about the same height and weight as me (but is more fit) but she couldn't go today and I still went on my own despite knowing I would be surrounded by ridiculously slim and toned bods. Think that is an NSV?!

Definitely! I could never faced a gym full of toned bodies, seriously well done for going hun:)

Danced around my lounge for over an hour today, and still want to go for long walk this evening (also had a half hour walk to the shops today and 10 mins on the cross trainer)- exercise has really become a normal part of my routine

I went out for a meal with my mum in a Beefeaters and said "No thankyou" to garlic bread.... I had 2 bowls of salad instead. I did help mum with her onion rings though. I also went or a C25K later and ran off half the calories I'd eaten :happy036:
So technically, that's 2 NSVs. Yay!

Back