NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I haven't done any running on the treadmill at the gym recently, but I have been doing a lot of other sorts of exercise - and today I was able to run for 30 minutes non-stop without dying :D I did 3k in that time, which is great for me as I'm a real plodder.

In conclusion: weight loss and increasing general fitness really helps make things like running so much more achievable :)

Having not done my couch 2 10k in 3 days I was so tired and had no energy. Went out and did a run earlier and now I already have so much more energy.

I had a meeting earlier tonight, the previous one being back in May. Every female there commented on how well and how much better I looked - one even saying I look 10 years younger!! Do I really look like I'm in my 20s still???

littlemeercat said:
I had a meeting earlier tonight, the previous one being back in May. Every female there commented on how well and how much better I looked - one even saying I look 10 years younger!! Do I really look like I'm in my 20s still???

When does this looking like your in your 20's thing kick in please? Could do with that about now!

I have needed my NSV's this week as put on a lb, and one of the girls in my group who is about the same weigt as me got her 3.5st award last night - done it in 18 weeks, which is fab - but when you've taken 26 weeks to lose 2.5st it can a bit demoralising!

So, todays NSVs are
1) i am wearing heels, even though i may have to walk a bit, usually i stick to flats as i have been too heavy to cope with heels!

2) yesterday a guy i work with said the whole office were talking the other day about how impressed they were with my committment because its one thing saying it, and quite another doing it.

3) someone I haven't seen in a year described me as half the woman i was before!!

2) yesterday a guy i work with said the whole office were talking the other day about how impressed they were with my committment because its one thing saying it, and quite another doing it.

*big round of applause* i totally agree and congratulations! :hug99:

I'm feeling very slim and buzzy this week, so I thought I'd come and share in my favourite thread :D.

A couple of wee NSVs today:

1) I can leave the house two minutes later every morning because my natural walking speed (not pushing it, not huffing and puffing) has sped up so much that the walk to the station now takes me 8 minutes, not 10 :D (and those 2 extra minutes in the morning are important!)

2)I can't sit still to watch TV any more! I'm going to have to give up some shows, I think, because I've lost the ability to sit still in front of the box for more than about half an hour at a time... I keep getting up to do things (my house has never looked better!). I used to catch up on a sunday afternoon (or, sometimes, the whole of the weekend...:rolleyes:) but this weekend I: decluttered both my hall cupboards, my wardrobe, the cupboard in the spare room and the last remaining drawers in my kitchen. I've only got the cupboard in the bathroom and 1 box of junk to go (and then I may learn to dust properly or something!). Is this how much energy naturally skinny people have? I've worked with someone on my 2nd job who has to go to the gym every morning to burn off some energy or he's annoying (his words, not mine)... I didn't actually believe him until now :D

Is this how much energy naturally skinny people have?

brilliant! i can't wait to be like that! i am already a bit more of a fidget than i ever was before, my house could certainly use the attention ;)
STS this week, but since i ate birthday cake four days in a row thats a victory!

2 more people last night complimeted me on looking healthier and losing weight, including a lady that i got a lateral thigh trainer off last year! :D

1) I can leave the house two minutes later every morning because my natural walking speed (not pushing it, not huffing and puffing) has sped up so much that the walk to the station now takes me 8 minutes, not 10 :D

Aha love it! :D

2)I can't sit still to watch TV any more! I'm going to have to give up some shows, I think, because I've lost the ability to sit still in front of the box for more than about half an hour at a time... I keep getting up to do things (my house has never looked better!).

Woooo I remember last time I got to six stone I started getting bouncy and remember one time actually *running* down the street *for fun* which I have never done in my life :D Ah yay, youre making bouncy just thinking about it! :) Ive been blitzing the house a bit this last week, something I normally detest doing :)

Yay, congrats on your energy! :)

it's amazing really, although so far I have only lost 1st5lbs I feel so different. I actually started feeling different within a couple of weeks so I think with me it is the diet I am eating rather than the weight I have lost. Makes me think I am insane for not always eating this way?

My NSV is that I returned to work today after taking a couple of days off so people haven't seen me since Friday and 2 people have seperatly said to me 'oh god, you have lost weight since Friday!' and 2 kids have asked me if I have dyed my hair and when I said no, said 'you look really different!'
I have had my hair cut and started using moisturiser with a bit of fake tan in so I think maybe it's a few subtle changes that have made a difference.
I HAD to get my hair cut..I saw a picture of me online from when I crossed the finish line at race for life on Sunday and I looked awful with my hair all scraped back and realised that is how I have my hair 95% of the time! I have had a sweeping side fringe cut in so now even if I tie my hair back my face is softened.

Great NSVs again everyone :D
I have just taken advantage of the Matalan sale online -Im working ahead here and thinking of early autumn... so I have got 17 items (mainly tops) for £105 -they should have been nearly £200 more :D.... the NSV bit is that I have ordered all 14s (I can get in an occasional/generous 14 now) BUT I KNOW I will soon be a bog standard 14 :happy036: ... ooh and I had loads more in my basket but I went through everything and if I didn't LOVE it and think it was right for my shape I dumped it -gone are the days of buying clothes simply because they are my size :D

I just need to go through my clothes again and weed out the stuff that I have decided do nothing for my shape -after years of wanting really long tops to cover everything now Im finding that they just make me look stumpy :p
here are just 5 of the things I have ordered *woohoo*

Attachments

• s2455609c54a_1.jpg
    s2455609c54a_1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 35
  • s2463642c503_1.jpg
    s2463642c503_1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 36
  • s2458659c181_1.jpg
    s2458659c181_1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 51
  • s2463462c359_1.jpg
    s2463462c359_1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 35
  • s2470352c316_1.jpg
    s2470352c316_1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 55
Great NSVs again everyone :D
I have just taken advantage of the Matalan sale online -Im working ahead here and thinking of early autumn... so I have got 17 items (mainly tops) for £105 -they should have been nearly £200 more :D.... the NSV bit is that I have ordered all 14s (I can get in an occasional/generous 14 now) BUT I KNOW I will soon be a bog standard 14 :happy036: ... ooh and I had loads more in my basket but I went through everything and if I didn't LOVE it and think it was right for my shape I dumped it -gone are the days of buying clothes simply because they are my size :D

I just need to go through my clothes again and weed out the stuff that I have decided do nothing for my shape -after years of wanting really long tops to cover everything now Im finding that they just make me look stumpy :p
here are just 5 of the things I have ordered *woohoo*

Love the white top and the purple ruffle one :) you've done so well xx

I had a wonderful NSV today..well 4 of them actually, 1st was when I went to the hospital for my appointment today, the first thing my Consultant said is, (I haven't seen her for 6 months), wow how much weight have you lost, you look amazing..woohoo mad me feel fabulous, 2nd one was, I normally wait for my hubby to collect me instead of walking to the car which is parked a quarter of a mile away, because I have a back condition, and I actually walked it and felt only a little twinge, then went to Bookers (cash and carry) and I managed to walk all round it with no problem, never been there before as I just couldn't walk it and was no point going as I wouldn't use a wheelchair and the 4th one was as I was walking round Bookers I spotted my favourite Bombay Mix, went to grab it and turned to my daughter and said NO I want to lose weight more than I want that..and walked away...I am soooo proud of me lol xx

Well done Lily42UK.

I have 2 NSV's.

The first is that I am wearing a wrap around skirt that I don't think I have EVER worn out in public. Today I wore to visit a school with one of my nursery parents and wore it to the dentist. This evening I am even going to wear it to WI!!! I just noticed that it is a size 14!!!!

My 2nd NSV is that I am cooking 1 syn cupcakes for a woman at class and I am standing nect to an open packet of chocolate chips and I only ate 1 of them, rather than the whole packet as I have in the past.

We had a meeting at school today because of a boy who taunts my son verbally and then unfortunately my son usually handles the situation with his fists :eek: so we were trying to get to the root cause. One of the things he taunts him about is me and often things about me being fat.
When my son came home tonight he said "After the meeting *so and so* said.....
and I held my breath thinking oh god what now? and he finished the sentence with ........
that you are really thin!"

We had a meeting at school today because of a boy who taunts my son verbally and then unfortunately my son usually handles the situation with his fists :eek: so we were trying to get to the root cause. One of the things he taunts him about is me and often things about me being fat.
When my son came home tonight he said "After the meeting *so and so* said.....
and I held my breath thinking oh god what now? and he finished the sentence with ........
that you are really thin!"

Oh that's lovely what a great NSV..well done Emsie x

I have a few non scale victories to write up,
First since April I have knocked over 10 minutes of my cycle to work, have gone from 35 mins to 21 to cover 3 miles. Now cycle at least 3 times a week as long as its not raining. Even started going different ways to put in more hills.

Second today I have worn my usually tight jeans all day and not a sore stomach in sight, if anything I have had to keep pulling them up as they are too big.

Then the other day I went into Evans to look for some clothes and could only find 1 pair of casual pull on shorts in my size, (gone from 22 to 16) that I liked everyhting else just looked to maternity styled.

I have also spent the last 2 days clearing out all my clothes that were not a size 16 and given them to the charity shop or sold on ebay, I was fed up with hiding under baggy clothes. (I have finished for the summer , so must go shopping before returning in Sept)

I do like these NSV, as so much changes when you lose the weight that you forget sometimes how good the little things feel.

Went out for Day 2 Week 3 of C 2 10k and kept having to pull my trousers up! Also my shin splints are starting to get better which I know is because I'm using the muscles more.

Cherry-Blossom said:
Went out for Day 2 Week 3 of C 2 10k and kept having to pull my trousers up! Also my shin splints are starting to get better which I know is because I'm using the muscles more.

Yey!! Good stuff x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back