NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I have another one to share. I looked in the mirror yesterday and noticed the hem on my skirt wasn't level, pulled the t shirt up and realised my size 16 skirt was round my hips instead of on my waist! Then realised I could get it off both over my hips and over my head without undoing it!!!!!!!!!!! Tried on another 2 skirts and could do the same thing.

Decided this had to be a sign to go shopping, so looked on line and Jane Norman is having a sale, so have bought 2 gorgeous skirts in a size 14 both at half price. I love NSVs!!!

littlemeercat said:
I have another one to share. I looked in the mirror yesterday and noticed the hem on my skirt wasn't level, pulled the t shirt up and realised my size 16 skirt was round my hips instead of on my waist! Then realised I could get it off both over my hips and over my head without undoing it!!!!!!!!!!! Tried on another 2 skirts and could do the same thing.

Decided this had to be a sign to go shopping, so looked on line and Jane Norman is having a sale, so have bought 2 gorgeous skirts in a size 14 both at half price. I love NSVs!!!

Well done, that's brilliant! Haha v much my attitude 'Decided this had to be a sign to go shopping...' Any excuse! Heh, but seriously congrats, it's the smaller things like that which keep us going isn't it? :)

littlemeercat said:

That's great, I've never shopped in Jane Norman as I don't think they're clothes would fit me! However I'm sure someone told me all the shops are closing so perhaps they're selling everything off.. You might get even more bargains

That's great, I've never shopped in Jane Norman as I don't think they're clothes would fit me! However I'm sure someone told me all the shops are closing so perhaps they're selling everything off.. You might get even more bargains

Heh, I've always thought of Jane Norman as a 'skinny person clothes shop' too! :p

Best get all you like as its gone bust, typical as my "get to goal" treat was a dress from Jane Norman as I used to look in the window at the lovely things and wish, when I was a size 26, I dont think even a scarf from there would have fitted me lol

Major NSV today. Was at work and one of my colleagues said she'd buy me something naughty (donut, éclair etc.) and I said no. Anyway she went to Sayers and brought me a big double choc muffin anyway. I put it in my bag and sat there eating chickpea cake, banana and apple as she ate her muffin. Then when I go home I gave it to my dad.

Normally it would be gone in 30s but I didn't even want it!!

Major NSV today. Was at work and one of my colleagues said she'd buy me something naughty (donut, éclair etc.) and I said no. Anyway she went to Sayers and brought me a big double choc muffin anyway. I put it in my bag and sat there eating chickpea cake, banana and apple as she ate her muffin. Then when I go home I gave it to my dad.

Normally it would be gone in 30s but I didn't even want it!!

I agree a major NSV, that's how I felt yesterday when I put my weight loss before the bombay mix, it's such a fantastic feeling, like you've cracked it ..wtg you xx

My brother told me yesterday that you could tell I had lost weight as my face was gone skinny!!

That's lovely, what a great brother that he even noticed, mine wouldn't lol ..keep up the good work xx

hey wow cherry blossom! that's a seriously good one, and waggy finger at your colleague for being so unhelpful!

today i went for a walk around the shops and went into topshop for the first time since i was 17! (about 14 years!) it was like being in another world, all tat of course, but it fits me ;)

I was having a bit of a sort out, as you do! Lol! I told my husband that I was finally going to throw out some jeans. When I showed them to him, he told me to take a photo first as a record of what I've lost. Ah bless him!
http://www.minimins.com/56645-fionat29-albums-i-how-big.html
Then he said not to throw them away in case I needed them next year! Excuse me while I go get a big frying pan to brain him with!
:D:D
If anyone can tell me how to embed photos into the text I would be grateful, thanks.

Fionat29 said:
I was having a bit of a sort out, as you do! Lol! I told my husband that I was finally going to throw out some jeans. When I showed them to him, he told me to take a photo first as a record of what I've lost. Ah bless him!
Then he said not to throw them away in case I needed them next year! Excuse me while I go get a big frying pan to brain him with!
If anyone can tell me how to embed photos into the text I would be grateful, thanks.

I'm sure what he means is when you're in the SW mag next year you'll need them as a before photo!

Well done great pic, to embed piccies click on advanced then onto

MANAGE ATTACHMENTS
a box will pop up click on
CHOOSE FILE then locate the file on your pc then click on
UPLOAD simplez :)

my NSV is that the size 52 jeans I bought 3 weeks ago, which were a little snug, are now too big..
I'm going to need a new pair every month at this rate.. either that or see of they'll do a part exchange on the barely worn ones :)

ooooohh... just noticed another one... ( though technically it's a SV.. ), my tracker is now just over half way there....!!!! yay!!!! :)

ooooohh... just noticed another one... ( though technically it's a SV.. ), my tracker is now just over half way there....!!!! yay!!!! :)

I was just thinking i have not had one for a while..... then i read yours and noticed i had passed the halfway mark as well...

I've had the most fantastic NSV afternoon! I haven't seen my best friend for a month and she said she was bowled over by how slim I am. She was so lovely with all her compliments, really lovely. She even referred to me as 'petite' - me petite, ahaha! We went clothes shopping and I bought two pairs of size 12 skinny jeans. One is even a bit loose on the waist. I've always wanted skinny jeans! Oh I'm so so happy- I wish I could bottle it!!!

Back