NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Good luck HelsAngel. Can't wait to see those NSV's rolling in. There is also a couch to 5k thread in the teams section.

I bought a pair of cheap, light weight linen trousers at the charity shop for €1 without trying them on. Original thought was to cut them into shorts (all mine now too big). I tried them on 2 weeks ago and fortunately they fitted but decided to actually keep tham as trousers as they looked nice. Too long though.

Well yesterday I tried them on to work out how much to take them up and they are now too big! Grrrrrrrr is some ways but absolutely gobsmacking that I've lost some inches in the last 2 weeks. Took them up and put some darts in too and even hubby commented on how nice they looked.

I bought a pair of cheap, light weight linen trousers at the charity shop for €1 without trying them on. Original thought was to cut them into shorts (all mine now too big). I tried them on 2 weeks ago and fortunately they fitted but decided to actually keep tham as trousers as they looked nice. Too long though.

Well yesterday I tried them on to work out how much to take them up and they are now too big! Grrrrrrrr is some ways but absolutely gobsmacking that I've lost some inches in the last 2 weeks. Took them up and put some darts in too and even hubby commented on how nice they looked.

:happy096: well done pommette, what a pain that they were too big, but how good do you feel now, knowing that what you bought just a couple of weeks ago is already too big and thank heavens it wasn't some expensive outfit lol xx?

No clothes!!!

This is nutcase, it's all going too fast! Well, its not cos I know Im only losing 2lbs a week which is fine, but I just put a dress on I've not worn since my holiday 5 weeks ago - on the holiday it was, er, 'snug' ;) but OK and I really liked it, it's a pretty dress. Now just put it on and it's hanging like a sack already, not 'fitted' at all! I didn't think 10lb would be such a massive difference, I dont know whether to laugh that Im getting smaller or cry that Im running out of clothes! :confused: :D I'm obviously not complaining, but I'm too scared to buy any more if they're already going to be too big in another 5 weeks! :rolleyes:

I have a lovely dress in the rather trendy 'nude' colour. Wore it to a wedding back in Feb with leggings and boots.

This weekend, wore with a waist cinching belt, black tights and platform heels. Felt fab. (and rather self concious until the wine kicked in!)

Was so strange cos its not something i normally wear on a night out - but my pins are coming along okay!

still no ankles.....tights covered them up though! x

I like these NSVs. I have been attending group for 5 1/2 weeks and have dropped a size already, being able to put on size 20 jeans when I've been size 22/24 ever since having my kids was great! People are starting to notice and comment as well, it's great motivation x

ah stupid send button...
that should have read "Ellebear, we want to see pictures of you in the nude colour trendy outfit.." :)

ColJack said:
ah stupid send button...
that should have read "Ellebear, we want to see pictures of you in the nude colour trendy outfit.." :)

You should be able to edit the original post-altho it is funny to leave it!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I just swam 20 lengths of the large local swimming pool (35meters)
When I got a gym referral last year I thought I was gonna die doing 10! Not been for about 9 months and after 3 visits this week I felt like I could have done 30 easily (if I had the time)

The other nsv is that I went on my own :) and walked back from the pool to the changing rooms without my towl wrapped round me (I'm still a big size 24 but just feel confident knowing that I am gonna shift it this time)

VickyPie said:
The other nsv is that I went on my own :) and walked back from the pool to the changing rooms without my towl wrapped round me (I'm still a big size 24 but just feel confident knowing that I am gonna shift it this time)

Big well done!

I know exactly what you mean, it really makes me quite nervous to wander around without a towel around me but I think the thing to remember is that most people (regardless of their shape or size) feel a little bit self-conscious about themselves around the poolside and for the most part, we're all too concerned about ourselves to care what anyone else looks like! Haha. :D Well done on the swimming too. x

HelsAngel said:
I just did week one, day one of c25k and didn't die!!

Well done! I surprised myself too! I started the c25k program and ran 10k a few weeks back-albeit very slowly, but it was still 10k!!! You'll be able to in no time :) keep it up x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ah stupid send button...
Coljack - now who's a naughtly little boy telling porkies?
But very funny nevertheless.

I just did week one, day one of c25k and didn't die!!

You are braver than me!!! The exercise doesn't start til 22st 6lb, zat is my deadline... :rolleyes: I have 1 stone 1 to bury my head in the sand :D

To get round the side of the freezer in the utility room to the boot cupboard I have always had to lift and hold in my belly, I dont go in the cupboard much as its full of fellas smelly work stuff but went looking for some dubbing for my new boots and I realised theres a gap between me and the freezer now!!!

Back