NSVs - Non Scale Victories

katty said:
i have saggy boobs and stretch marks on my body, but i can feel my muscles developing around my abs and everywhere else. my hang ups about my wobbly bits still get me down because losing weight doesn't fix everything BUT being a few lbs to target when this time last year i was in the upper obese category has made me realise how important it is to be healthy, its good for the body and good for our minds too. i feel great, and my insecurities don't seem so bad these days :)

well done, both physically and mentally
actually the head bit is sometimes more difficult to deal with

I'm in Next size 12 hipster jeans that I bought 5?? Years ago in their sale and haven't worn them since. I'm living proof that when they say to declutter your wardrobe, it's not always the best thing to do. Lol!

Fion - I know the feeling. Cleared my wardrobe 5 years when we moved house of all my old sizes and they'd fit now - instead of going to have to spend a fortune in the autumn!

Its lucky I'm a huge hoarder! If it's not got holes in it, or if it isn't totally hideous, it stays. Normally that's a triumph of hope over good sense, but this time it seems to be working. We'll see how long for....

Not sure if its a NSV or not but its a whole year I have been dieting and only had 2 gains 1.5lb over Xmas and a 2lb gain when I had wisdon teeth out (not expected as I didn't eat for 2 days then hardly ate for the other 3days before before weigh-in, had a 5lb loss the week after tho) I am just over 6st lighter than I was this time last year :D

My NSV this week- I went to a gig last night and actually turned down alcohol- instead having water to stay on plan! Very pleased :)

WelshCake said:
Not sure if its a NSV or not but its a whole year I have been dieting and only had 2 gains 1.5lb over Xmas and a 2lb gain when I had wisdon teeth out (not expected as I didn't eat for 2 days then hardly ate for the other 3days before before weigh-in, had a 5lb loss the week after tho) I am just over 6st lighter than I was this time last year :D
Wow! That's impressive, well done :) hope I can be just as good ;)

My NSV this week- I went to a gig last night and actually turned down alcohol- instead having water to stay on plan! Very pleased :)

Me too!! :D:D I went to a gig in my local pub and drank diet coke all night! Big NSV for me at a weekend, lol! :D

I've already posted this on my diary and the Sunday Weighers thread, but I'm so excited about it I'm going to post it here too!

This afternoon I went clothes shopping and actually enjoyed it! I had to call the ladies in the changing rooms at both M&S and Next to ask them to see if they could swap things for smaller sizes!

I ended up buying three pairs of trousers in a size 14 from M&S and about 6 tops in 16s and 18s from Next. This time last year, I was in a size 22 trouser from M&S and couldn't get into anything from Next! :D

Just reading through these posts, isn't it great when it really hits home how well we are all doing. I recently had my only ever gain following a fantastic trip to Cardiff, anyway I bought this lovely fitted dress which was a little bit tight, tried on last night and fits fab. Also pleased to announce the gain has gone with interest too lol

Thought i would try my size 12 target dresses on to see how far i have to go and they fit! Bit tight (wouldnt fancy sitting down in them!) but another half st or so and they will fit like a glove.

Might have to buy smaller dresses when i get to target!

I've just realised I had a NSV a couple of weeks ago, I think it took a while for me to be able to see it as a NSV! I was very close to my grandparents but especially close to my mum's parents. My grandad died in 1999 and my nanna died in 2000. Back in 2007 when I was having a very stressful time my mum gave me my grandad's wedding ring to wear. I have worn it everyday since and feel lost without it. I have to wear latex gloves at work for nappy changing and when I took my glove off 3 weeks ago the ring very nearly came off with it. I have lost so much weight off my fingers that I could no longer wear grandad's ring safely. I now wear it on a necklace so that is my NSV.

A second one is that I wear a bracelet watch and this morning I took a link out of it and it is not too tight to wear. When I got the watch at Christmas I couldn't even do it up with the link out.

Trango said:
Just reading through these posts, isn't it great when it really hits home how well we are all doing. I recently had my only ever gain following a fantastic trip to Cardiff, anyway I bought this lovely fitted dress which was a little bit tight, tried on last night and fits fab. Also pleased to announce the gain has gone with interest too lol

Nice one! :)

ninnins said:
Thought i would try my size 12 target dresses on to see how far i have to go and they fit! Bit tight (wouldnt fancy sitting down in them!) but another half st or so and they will fit like a glove.

Might have to buy smaller dresses when i get to target!

Wow! Look at us all go!

I've also had a clothing NSV, I managed to fit in my 6yr old size 16 Next Jeans, I just about scrapped them over my butt & couldn't do them up Jan :) woop!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sleepy59 said:
I've just realised I had a NSV a couple of weeks ago, I think it took a while for me to be able to see it as a NSV! I was very close to my grandparents but especially close to my mum's parents. My grandad died in 1999 and my nanna died in 2000. Back in 2007 when I was having a very stressful time my mum gave me my grandad's wedding ring to wear. I have worn it everyday since and feel lost without it. I have to wear latex gloves at work for nappy changing and when I took my glove off 3 weeks ago the ring very nearly came off with it. I have lost so much weight off my fingers that I could no longer wear grandad's ring safely. I now wear it on a necklace so that is my NSV.

A second one is that I wear a bracelet watch and this morning I took a link out of it and it is not too tight to wear. When I got the watch at Christmas I couldn't even do it up with the link out.

Awwwwwww go you! What about wearing it as a thumb ring?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My nsv for the week is that the bloke I've been seeing for quite a while now and knows all about my sw stuff put his arm round me yesterday and said, oh you are doing well you're stomachs a lot flatter than it used to be. I know it sounds like he was actually being mean but ive known ge for 4 years and we have been friends in all that time so he knows how I feel/felt about my weight previously and he meant it as encouragement. :)

*Emsie* said:
Saw somebody today who I used to work with and even though I spoke to her and was right by her until I said who I was she didn't know! It was really weird but good I think!

Definitely good. To know that you've changed SO much is fantastic!

Back