NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Mine could have been pretty sad really - as my wedding ring fell off last week in the middle of the street and narrowly missed going down a drain! Now safely put away in the safe until I am back in the UK to get it made smaller.

had the same thing with my eternity ring, had to take off all my rings now and wait till I am at target and then have them resized ...or maybe make hubby buy me new ones lol xx

Pommette said:
Mine could have been pretty sad really - as my wedding ring fell off last week in the middle of the street and narrowly missed going down a drain! Now safely put away in the safe until I am back in the UK to get it made smaller.

Omg that would have been awful, glad the drain didn't gobble it up!

Just found out we go on holiday this Thursday, we booked it yesterday, a weeks all inclusive to Lanzarote :) that means I can weigh in this wednesday before we go, not sure if they have a slimming world over there so may have to weigh when I get back.

Trango said:
Just found out we go on holiday this Thursday, we booked it yesterday, a weeks all inclusive to Lanzarote :) that means I can weigh in this wednesday before we go, not sure if they have a slimming world over there so may have to weigh when I get back.

How lovely have a great time... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

had the same thing with my eternity ring, had to take off all my rings now and wait till I am at target and then have them resized ...or maybe make hubby buy me new ones lol xx

Mine did buy me new ones! :D He's a wee star! :)

Mine did buy me new ones! :D He's a wee star! :)

I think after 36 years and a 20st weight loss when I reach target, I will be entitled to new ones lol

Today I popped in to Sainsbury's,when I came back out to my car the car beside me had parked so close I couldn't even open my door,so I went round to the passenger side and climbed across the seat and got in that way.Now that is something I haven't done for a long time and It felt so good:D:D:D

surreygal said:
Today I popped in to Sainsbury's,when I came back out to my car the car beside me had parked so close I couldn't even open my door,so I went round to the passenger side and climbed across the seat and got in that way.Now that is something I haven't done for a long time and It felt so good:D:D:D

Haha, smiled to myself reading that!

My NSV is I just bought a very short denim skirt in a 14 in new look. I will be wearing it with leggings...but that's not the point :p

I can't believe - I'm sitting here in a size 10 skinny jeans, that were just delivered from Next. OK, there's a bit of muffin top - But I'm in them and they're comfy!!! I know it sounds stupid but I'm shaking with the shock -haha!:D:D:D

I can't believe - I'm sitting here in a size 10 skinny jeans, that were just delivered from Next. OK, there's a bit of muffin top - But I'm in them and they're comfy!!! I know it sounds stupid but I'm shaking with the shock -haha!:D:D:D
Yay!!!
Mine is that someone I hadn't seen for 6 months just saw me and said 'you look like you've lost loads of weight' Instead of saying 'a bit' I said 'yeah - loads actually- thanks for noticing :).

Urm bit of a random (and annoying) nsv today ... I grabbed a pair of pants from my drawer this morning, got dressed and off to work i went... But my nickers would not stay up! They were a size 16 and huge on me :) thank god i was wearing trousers not a skirt! Lol x

Lovehandles said:
Urm bit of a random (and annoying) nsv today ... I grabbed a pair of pants from my drawer this morning, got dressed and off to work i went... But my nickers would not stay up! They were a size 16 and huge on me :) thank god i was wearing trousers not a skirt! Lol x

well done, strangely, I quite like that feeling ;-)

NSV tonight for me was to go a whole DarkSouls meeting without a single drink... Had water and diet coke...*wears halo*... lol...

sleepytimesadie said:
NSV tonight for me was to go a whole DarkSouls meeting without a single drink... Had water and diet coke...*wears halo*... lol...

Wow! I don't have that level of restraint!

My NSV's are actually rather shallow :S

Yesterday I got served my coffee before anyone else in the queue (I was last) and when I said 'skinny latte' he was like 'really?'

Today I got a smile, a wink and a "how are you this morning" from a young bus driver.

I'm not used to this!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lozzie Stardust said:
Wow! I don't have that level of restraint!

My NSV's are actually rather shallow :S

Yesterday I got served my coffee before anyone else in the queue (I was last) and when I said 'skinny latte' he was like 'really?'

Today I got a smile, a wink and a "how are you this morning" from a young bus driver.

I'm not used to this!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Get used to it honey... Now your aboard the loser cruiser... Nice one...

Woop woop!!!

I now weigh less than my husband!!! Boots weighing scales say hes 11st 3lb and i'm 11st bang on!! x

Barsi said:
Woop woop!!!

I now weigh less than my husband!!! Boots weighing scales say hes 11st 3lb and i'm 11st bang on!! x

This is great! That's what it will be with me and my OH when I get to goal! Exactly the same, 3lbs difference :)

My NSV is that I just went to have my hair cut, and I last had it done the week I got back on plan- almost to the day- and so when I saw her she said "blimey you've lost weight!" :D

I wasn't going to put my NSV up on this thread, but I have just realised I have bloody well earned it and so therefore I am going to !!! lol

The jogging pants that I am wearing in my new Avatar, just barely fitted me when I bought them out of my birthday money back in June, had to really struggle to get them over my belly, today I could not only get them up and over easily, but while I was exercising they kept slipping down so had to tighten the drawstrings and this is the bit that's really pleased me...to as tight as they will go wooohooo...and booohooo...will have to go buy a smaller size soon ...more money, I must get these manufacturers to make them so that they shrink as we do lol

I went round to my fellas friends house while he gave his mate a hand with some sleepers, I was given one of those green moulded plastic chairs to sit on and instead of A) saying, "No I much prefer to stand" or B) lowering myself inch my inch as my thighs quivered shook and burned from baring my weight until I was fully sat, I plonked myself down in the chair :)

Back