NSVs - Non Scale Victories

That is brilliant Annabel!! So encouraging for those of us who do any exercise. Might help us to believe it is possible to get back into exercising without killing ourseves!!!

I've already felt my clothes becoming a bit looser. When I went on holiday a month ago I couldn't fit into my favourite denim jeans (they did up but were too tight and uncomfortable) I managed to get them on yesterday but ended up having to pull them up throughout the day cos they kept falling down! (At one point I walked up the stairs and they fell down below my bum!)

I already feel great!

Sugarpuff Sophie said:
I've already felt my clothes becoming a bit looser. When I went on holiday a month ago I couldn't fit into my favourite denim jeans (they did up but were too tight and uncomfortable) I managed to get them on yesterday but ended up having to pull them up throughout the day cos they kept falling down! (At one point I walked up the stairs and they fell down below my bum!)

I already feel great!

Wicked NSV... Glad you are feeling great... A good way to start, and motivational for you to continue... Keep it going... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Can I claim an NSV on behalf of a lady at our group?
She was in the daily star newspaper the other day after losing 16.5st.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
Can I claim an NSV on behalf of a lady at our group?
She was in the daily star newspaper the other day after losing 16.5st.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Ah how nice of you, you gent, of course you may... Well done that lady...

I had to pop over to a small town a few miles away, while I was there I popped into a charity shop, saw a pair of Per Una Roma (my fave jeans as they come high up on the waist) jeans like new size 16 £3, so I bought them got them home and said to O/H these will be my next target I want to get into them, tried them on and OMG they fit ok a bit of muffin top and skin tight on thighs but size 16!!!!!! Get in there!!!!!!!!! This time last year I was struggling into a size 26

I had a victory today!!!
I was at a Market and a man offered me a free sample of fudge, and I screamed and ran away ??
As funny as it was it was still good for a fudge addict like me!

WelshCake said:
I had to pop over to a small town a few miles away, while I was there I popped into a charity shop, saw a pair of Per Una Roma (my fave jeans as they come high up on the waist) jeans like new size 16 £3, so I bought them got them home and said to O/H these will be my next target I want to get into them, tried them on and OMG they fit ok a bit of muffin top and skin tight on thighs but size 16!!!!!! Get in there!!!!!!!!! This time last year I was struggling into a size 26

By next week they'll fit perfect... xx

Wow well done everyone :) I will have one of these to share soon lol xxx

Great NSVs everyone...

Mine for today is that its our 9th anniversary and we were up early and decided to try the outdoor pool just down the road (its usually snided) -so we were there waiting for it to open and when we got in-you end up walking outside obviously -so I strip off and come out of the changing rooms in my new cossie with my towel over my shoulder (Instead of using it as a cover up) -anyway we got in the pool and after the initial :eek: god it was glorious (30 degrees, and getting to watch the eagles soar when I did back stroke), for our whole swim it was just me, hubby and 1 other in the lane pool -so I did 70 lengths non stop :D and we only got out because hubby had had enough (and he did less lengths ;))
Then we ended up messing about in the diving pool -bouncing off the spring boards and I didn't care who was watching :p ..oooh and hubby was amazed because I just stuck my towel on my head and walked back to the changing rooms in my cossie :happy036:
Then we went out for lunch to a chinese restaurant -(where I wore THE BRIGHTEST PINK FLORAL floor length sundress in the history of dresses :giggle:) and with a bit of careful choice I reckon I still came in under my syns (although I have syns left over from the week "just in case");)....
So all in all today has been a belter -and set me in a great frame of mind to get the rest of this wobble off ;)
ooh and we have also played 5hrs of badminton this week "woohoo" my achillies is better :D

Brilliant! All of it, the swimming, the brightest ever sun dress, even the Chinese within your syns!! Well done you for just enjoying life!!

Mine is an odd nsv but I'm proud of myself. I don't know if anyone can relate to me here but I used to find reasons to indulge in food, like oh its Christmas, oh well it is a party, its all you can eat etc etc. Well tidy was my birthday and a voice in my head said have a day off s.w its your birthday after all, but I thought of all the hard work one done and that I'm going to an Indian on Saturday so been saving 5 syns a day this week so I can have a meal without going over on syns ( on red so no rice sob sob ) and guess what... today I have had 8 syns, and done body attack and Bodystep and still had a great birthday . I think this was my biggest milestone so far. I hope I can resist rewarding myself with food again in the future

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Just went into town to buy something to wear for tomorrow evening as going out for drinks with friends.

Picked up all size 16's in New Look and everything fitted, albeit some of them were the wrong shape or whatever. Have ended up purchasing some jeggings, a vest top and a pussy cat bow top to go over that top all in size 16s. Woop! :D

Just went into town to buy something to wear for tomorrow evening as going out for drinks with friends.

Picked up all size 16's in New Look and everything fitted, albeit some of them were the wrong shape or whatever. Have ended up purchasing some jeggings, a vest top and a pussy cat bow top to go over that top all in size 16s. Woop! :D

Ha I did not dare write it the other day - but a sizes 16 dress from marks and spencers and it fits beautifully - so whilst in asda i tried another one on and it fits beautifully - it wasn't a fluke it really wasn't:p

Back