NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I went window shopping yesterday. Popped into Debenhams and skimmed through the remains of their sale rail. I picked up a form fitting dress that looked great on the hanger and a skirt, both size 12 and dang me! if both of them weren't too big!! Now I'm not saying that I am a size 10, no way, these 2 must have been labelled wrong, but you should have seen my grin when I gave them to the girl in the changing room and said "they're no good, they're too small!!"
That was good feeling! :D:D

Did you say that wrong or is my brain addled?? lol

Went shopping earlier and bought some size 14 leggings from Dorothy Perkins, Last year i was wearing 18's. Had to try the 16 first though as cannot get used to the fact that i can wear some 14's now.

I just went into Asda and saw the most gorgeous bright pink duffle coat- then realised it was only kids sizes!! *cry*
But I tried it on, and the age 13-14 one fit! Bit short in the sleeves, but did do up!

Just bumped into one of the doctors from the local surgery who I haven't seen for ages and he did a double take and said ... "wow". He then frog marched me to the surgery and weighed me. Lol.

giraffegirl said:
Just bumped into one of the doctors from the local surgery who I haven't seen for ages and he did a double take and said ... "wow". He then frog marched me to the surgery and weighed me. Lol.

Nice... I hope he was suitably impressed when he did so... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

My NSV - Getting into a pair of sz 14 jeans that i bought a year ago! Fit perfectly!:) Happy days!

Had last voucher for Evans and after looking round everything about a zillion times tried on a size 16 dress which was reduced.

It fitted :) I bought it. And I will not HAVE to get any more clothes from Evans in the future :) MIL got me the voucher for my birthday btw

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

new month, new jeans, new size, 12, the world is a wonderful place today!

bought some new boxers, 4XL's and a pair of 3XL's so I know when I need to downsize again.. ( been making do with my existing 6XL's but they keep falling down inside my trousers now.. )..
tried the 3XL's on just to see and they fit..
little too snug for now, and they are lycra but soon.. :)

Some great NSVs here - well done

Mine today - I did a 100 foot abseil from the roof of my office today.
The NSV is that pre SW - I wouldn't have considered it, let alone be the fastest amateur to do it!!
Well done you must feel amazing after doing that!x

I went to the seaside today and whilst everyone else had seaside treats like fish and chips, ice cream, fudge etc I had a jacket potato with beans (no butter) and an apple....feeling really pleased with myself!!

Some great NSVs here - well done

Mine today - I did a 100 foot abseil from the roof of my office today.
The NSV is that pre SW - I wouldn't have considered it, let alone be the fastest amateur to do it!!

That is ace, i would love a go at that. I am seriously considering a parachute jump when i get to target:D

I went to the seaside today and whilst everyone else had seaside treats like fish and chips, ice cream, fudge etc I had a jacket potato with beans (no butter) and an apple....feeling really pleased with myself!!
Well done! That takes some will-power!x

Had my very first "You've lost weight" comment today!! A long time coming, have been on SW for 17 weeks so far hahahahaa xxx

wow some great nsvs! I have a couple. My belt that only just fit me on the first hole is now too big on the last hole, need to make a new hole! I can really feel my collar bones and my ribs. My ribs are still under a few layers of wobble but i can feel they're there. My cousin who hasn't seen me for months couldn't believe how much weight i've lost and i've inspired 3 of my husbands family down in devon to join sw, feels nice to be an inspiration lol. X

Back