NSVs - Non Scale Victories

wow some great nsvs! I have a couple. My belt that only just fit me on the first hole is now too big on the last hole, need to make a new hole! I can really feel my collar bones and my ribs. My ribs are still under a few layers of wobble but i can feel they're there. My cousin who hasn't seen me for months couldn't believe how much weight i've lost and i've inspired 3 of my husbands family down in devon to join sw, feels nice to be an inspiration lol. X

Thats brilliant well done you! I have a collar bone too! Once upon a time i thought mine never existed lol

I am in total disbelief...

Put on my size 12 jeans to go to IKEA with mum and best friend the other day... complaining to mum that I needed a belt cos they fall down a bit. She says why don't you go try on some of my size 10's and see if they'll fit.
Rooting through her jeans she picks up a pair saying "here try these they're a bit big on me" but I was compelled to pick up these skinny-fit Topshops... as I'm pulling them on she goes "Ah they're tight on me don't get dissappointed if they don't fit..."
Should have seen the look on her face (and mine) when they did up, NO muffin top, NO difficulty breathing, and honest to god the nicest jeans I have ever put on myself... I wanted to cry.
Needless to say, mums favourite jeans are now MY favourite jeans and I love her to pieces for sacrificing them for me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a size 10. Not by official measurements. But I'm getting there and this is definitely by biggest NSV to date. I will wear these jeans until they disintegrate :rolleyes:

I am in total disbelief...

Put on my size 12 jeans to go to IKEA with mum and best friend the other day... complaining to mum that I needed a belt cos they fall down a bit. She says why don't you go try on some of my size 10's and see if they'll fit.
Rooting through her jeans she picks up a pair saying "here try these they're a bit big on me" but I was compelled to pick up these skinny-fit Topshops... as I'm pulling them on she goes "Ah they're tight on me don't get dissappointed if they don't fit..."
Should have seen the look on her face (and mine) when they did up, NO muffin top, NO difficulty breathing, and honest to god the nicest jeans I have ever put on myself... I wanted to cry.
Needless to say, mums favourite jeans are now MY favourite jeans and I love her to pieces for sacrificing them for me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a size 10. Not by official measurements. But I'm getting there and this is definitely by biggest NSV to date. I will wear these jeans until they disintegrate :rolleyes:

a good jean day is a happy day, well done

Went to the travel agents to collect some lira for my holiday next sunday anyway one of the girls there came over and said i heard you say your surname and thought i know that name i didnt recognise you...you look fab (i used to look after her 2 girls at holiday club where i worked).

She and another lady serving us our currency asked how id done so well and were even inspired to give it a go themselves which is nice to hear :) they said i better have a bikini packed in that suitcase and flaunt my new self off to pay off for all my hard work.......i have actually bought my 1st couple of bikinis but to be honest i still dont think i look good enough...

But none the less it was lovely to be complimented :) xx

That's great Roziee. Those moments make you feel fantastic don't they :)

I hope your parents were really proud of you :D

Gail x

Went to a wedding yesterday in a size 16!! dress saw people I'd not seen in a year (When I was a size 26) had so many compliments, the beautiful dress I got for this site using the clothing swap a big THANK YOU to Kingleds for the dress

Attachments

• dress.jpg
    dress.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
gl12282 said:
That's great Roziee. Those moments make you feel fantastic don't they :)

I hope your parents were really proud of you :D

Gail x

Hehe my dad didn't say anything to me when I was there but said to my little sister yesterday when I got back how impressed he was. Wish he would have said that to be face lol

WelshCake said:
Went to a wedding yesterday in a size 16!! dress saw people I'd not seen in a year (When I was a size 26) had so many compliments, the beautiful dress I got for this site using the clothing swap a big THANK YOU to Kingleds for the dress

Aww that looks lovely x

WelshCake said:

Stunning dress. You look totally amazing. You must have felt a million dollars and really deservedly so.

And look at your teeny tiny ankles. Oh for ankles like that............*sigh* !

Well done :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

NSV for me was seeing my Brother Charlie's face when he walked in the pub last night, he was only teasing I know, but he said, 'Where's my Sis? Who is the skinny bird behind the bar?' Lol... Bless him... It's so nice to have him home...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

And here he is cuddling his skinny Sis

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110904_120710.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110904_120710.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 144
About ten pounds... He is very impressed with how much Kev has lost, I think he is considering having a bash at SW himself...

Ok, this has to be the smallest NSV of all time , but i'm looking for the positive , so , today I managed to stick to my syns and got off my bum and made two sw friendly meals ( whoop can you tell my head hasn't been in it for a while). So , here I am feeling happy that i'm back in control and working my way onwards and downwards again...

wooly said:
Ok, this has to be the smallest NSV of all time , but i'm looking for the positive , so , today I managed to stick to my syns and got off my bum and made two sw friendly meals ( whoop can you tell my head hasn't been in it for a while). So , here I am feeling happy that i'm back in control and working my way onwards and downwards again...

Nice one... Doesn't matter how small each NSV is worth sharing...

Was at my mum and dads today and when leaving mum said "its like following a pixie - skinny legs and little red shoes..."

well i h decided it was a compliment - my legs have always been fair - but now are nice and shapely/ toned:cool:

wooly said:

I actually weighed less at the beginning if June than I do now, but so far this week I'm back on track so hopefully will have a loss. I need 2 weeks of losses really because I'm off on hols in 2 weeks so I need to get some off before then, cos I'm bound to gain then :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back