NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Oooh, lots of lovely NSVs :D

Mine isn't really quite as lovely, but anyway, I had a bit of sugar free gum this morning (onions for breakfast, 4 for 1/2syn seemed worth it!) and it set off my IBS big style.... I'd never put 2 +2 together on the gum before because my IBS was a fairly constant unpleasantness but since I started on SW it's been practically non-existent because I'm eating so much better (and my near-constant acid reflux is a thing of the past, too :D).

Wow, I spent a long time eating myself sick...thank God I've stopped!

wenchie said:
Oooh, lots of lovely NSVs :D

Mine isn't really quite as lovely, but anyway, I had a bit of sugar free gum this morning (onions for breakfast, 4 for 1/2syn seemed worth it!) and it set off my IBS big style.... I'd never put 2 +2 together on the gum before because my IBS was a fairly constant unpleasantness but since I started on SW it's been practically non-existent because I'm eating so much better (and my near-constant acid reflux is a thing of the past, too :D).

Wow, I spent a long time eating myself sick...thank God I've stopped!

Glad you mentioned this but I have Crohns disease and since starting SW I feel SO MUCH HEALTHIER :)

Vegetables used to set me off but I'm having so many now I think my body is used to them!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I went back to school today (I'm a teacher) and couldn't believe how many staff commented on how much weight I've lost and how good I look for having lost it. Two even said they didn't recognise me when I was walking down the corridor! All smiley now. . . . lets see what the students' reaction is on Wednesday!

I feel NSVs are the biggest part of my journey i get to hung up on the weight thing and go off track when i dont lose so im starting a no scale thing and im going by my clothes and compliments from now on!!!
Lauren xX

After a rubbish weigh in last night i was feeling down but this morning while deciding what to wear for work i decided to try on a pair of size 12 topshop sailor pant i got 2 years ago when i did ww n they still av the tag on.
Low and behind they only blumming fit!!! No muffin top or owt i did a lil dance and woke my OH up to show him :)

lilprincessvic said:
After a rubbish weigh in last night i was feeling down but this morning while deciding what to wear for work i decided to try on a pair of size 12 topshop sailor pant i got 2 years ago when i did ww n they still av the tag on.
Low and behind they only blumming fit!!! No muffin top or owt i did a lil dance and woke my OH up to show him :)

That's a great achievement... Sometimes the scales don't show what is really happening to our bodies, so to see it in clothes or photos helps much more... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Had a little blow out yesterday cos I felt I needed one. Had whole of sainsbury's at my disposal, I bought 2 bags of kettle chips which we didn't finish & 2 mini tubs of ben & jerry's. This is seriously nothing compared to a previous blowout. I still had syns in mind. I'm so proud!

Did have 20 syns of biscuits earlier in the day and around the same in chocolate. But I stayed in control & now a line has been drawn & 2 yummy meals have been planned for lunch & dinner:)

Had a little blow out yesterday cos I felt I needed one. Had whole of sainsbury's at my disposal, I bought 2 bags of kettle chips which we didn't finish & 2 mini tubs of ben & jerry's. This is seriously nothing compared to a previous blowout. I still had syns in mind. I'm so proud!

Did have 20 syns of biscuits earlier in the day and around the same in chocolate. But I stayed in control & now a line has been drawn & 2 yummy meals have been planned for lunch & dinner:)

I do this sometimes and hate myself for it then i get into a snowball affect where i cant stop over eating cos im eating to stop feeling bad about it and my mum uses the phrase in for a penny in for a pound and i start to think well yeah. its not until i count up the syns ive had that i finally snap out of it
so you've done well to get over it straight away hope i can do it the next time or just say NO to myself because i dont really need the bad things
Lauren xX

laurenista said:
I do this sometimes and hate myself for it then i get into a snowball affect where i cant stop over eating cos im eating to stop feeling bad about it and my mum uses the phrase in for a penny in for a pound and i start to think well yeah. its not until i count up the syns ive had that i finally snap out of it
so you've done well to get over it straight away hope i can do it the next time or just say NO to myself because i dont really need the bad things
Lauren xX

I used to go on week long blow outs:/ and struggle to get out of them so I understand completely.

I feel I've come a long way by allowing the blow out and keeping it under control:)

you have, i hope i make it there someday but i think by accepting that we do it sometimes we can overcome it and get back on track straight away.
Lauren xX

laurenista said:
you have, i hope i make it there someday but i think by accepting that we do it sometimes we can overcome it and get back on track straight away.
Lauren xX

You can do it too! :) this is my 4th or 5th time with sw but this time feels so much different. Like I've finally broken through my food issues and I do feel that I can maintain once I get to target. It's a world apart from what I used to be like!

Really proud of myself... DarkSouls meeting tonight and not one drink of alcohol passed my lips, just soda water and low cal lime... I never had any haribo sweeties when they were passed around... Please if there is any justice I need to lose at Two this week...

Well done
I did this when me and the o/h went to the pub with our friends was pretty easy too cos I had the excuse of having the car
Lauren xX

laurenista said:
Well done
I did this when me and the o/h went to the pub with our friends was pretty easy too cos I had the excuse of having the car
Lauren xX

Thanks babe, I used to down at least one bottle of wine at a DS meeting and because I live here at the pub and don't drive, everyone notices I am not drinking... Thing is everyone in my group is really pleased that I am finally doubt this for me and looking well...

Haribo reminded me of my sweet buffet for the wedding - ive started filling the jars up - and i bought 9 bags of bears and 9 of starmix. 6.5 bags fitted in each jar, so i have 5 left over. I have hidden them in the cupboard and didnt eat any as they went in the airtight jars. Woo!

x

Ellebear said:
Haribo reminded me of my sweet buffet for the wedding - ive started filling the jars up - and i bought 9 bags of bears and 9 of starmix. 6.5 bags fitted in each jar, so i have 5 left over. I have hidden them in the cupboard and didnt eat any as they went in the airtight jars. Woo!

x

Yay good on you Mrs... I love Haribo... xx

My jeans which didn't do up at the beginning of my diet, are a bit loose now :D Haven't eighed in thsi week yet (WI is tonight) so I'm hoping I have lost x

Just back from a class at the gym, on way out I booked a new class for next week, she never asked my name, just said thats you booked in-im officially a gym regular!

Back