NSVs - Non Scale Victories

ninnins said:
Just back from a class at the gym, on way out I booked a new class for next week, she never asked my name, just said thats you booked in-im officially a gym regular!

Nice one... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

This is the silliest NSV... I can put my socks on standing up, lmao! :D

At my heaviest, I always had to sit down to put my socks on - I couldn't hold my balance very well on one leg, and I found it a real struggle to actually reach my foot. I guess my belly got in the way. :eek:

I proclaim victory! Victory over socks! :D :D :D

who_la_hoop said:
This is the silliest NSV... I can put my socks on standing up, lmao! :D

At my heaviest, I always had to sit down to put my socks on - I couldn't hold my balance very well on one leg, and I found it a real struggle to actually reach my foot. I guess my belly got in the way. :eek:

I proclaim victory! Victory over socks! :D :D :D

Fantastic!! Show your socks who's boss!! Lol!!

Does this count as a NSV do you think? My best mate has just bought me a ticket to see Alter Bridge with her as a treat for doing so well losing weight... I don't really care I shall be at the front, rubbing my knees at Myles Kennedy... drool...

Does this count as a NSV do you think? My best mate has just bought me a ticket to see Alter Bridge with her as a treat for doing so well losing weight... I don't really care I shall be at the front, rubbing my knees at Myles Kennedy... drool...

people thinking you deserve a reward for doing so well is defo a NSV!

I shall enjoy it all the more now... xx

Yeah I agree it is lovely when people recognise your achievements and all of the hard work you put in...

skinnyminx said:
Yeah I agree it is lovely when people recognise your achievements and all of the hard work you put in...

Tammie-the one who's bought the tickets is that sort, just like to encourage... That's why she is my best mate, never judges, but always ready with praise when you do something good...

Tammie-the one who's bought the tickets is that sort, just like to encourage... That's why she is my best mate, never judges, but always ready with praise when you do something good...

yeah best mates are ace, my best mate has decided to give sw a go at home to keep me company she has lost nearly 2 stone now. Keep telling her to get herself on this website - but she has not done it yet...

skinnyminx said:
yeah best mates are ace, my best mate has decided to give sw a go at home to keep me company she has lost nearly 2 stone now. Keep telling her to get herself on this website - but she has not done it yet...

You have done the best thing for your mate, by introducing her to SW... That's a true mate... Go you... xx

My best mate has yet to acknowledge that ive lost weight :rolleyes:

sleepytimesadie said:

A true best friend is priceless. Enjoy xxx

This is a big one for me. My knee high boots (wide calf of course) are getting loose. :D

I attribute this more to the hour or two walking I'm doing every day rather than the diet!

joclairey said:
This is a big one for me. My knee high boots (wide calf of course) are getting loose. :D

I attribute this more to the hour or two walking I'm doing every day rather than the diet!

Oo well done. I dont think my calves will ever go down. Ive never been able to fit into 'normal' sized boots x

My best mate has yet to acknowledge that ive lost weight :rolleyes:

Ha! Mine too... but I think that's a lot more to do with her issues around her weight than anything to do with me (a mutual friend says it's because we have an image of our friends in our heads and when we don't know to expect a change we don't see it, which may be true for some people I suppose).

Went into my children's primary school to coach tag rugby this lunchtime, my daughter left in July to go to big school. Anyway, haven't seem them since before school holidays and they all gave me a great reception asking me what I had been doing over the summer to have lost so much weight. Just needed that at the moment, I seem to be in sabotage mode atm!
HELP

Just done my first ever day as a qualified teacher at my old primary school, i havent been for 5 years due to course commitments anyway handed my cv in for supply yesterday and they all couldnt believe how much id changed they didnt even recognise me at first they said im like a whole new person :)

Glad i handed in my cv didnt expect work so quick :) loved it! :) xx

Back