NSVs - Non Scale Victories

ninnins said:
I have now lost what she weighs! More annoyingly she keeps telling me how hard it is to put on weight and how she forgets to eat! She really doesnt get it :sigh:

Her family on the other hand are full of compliments :D

I know this sounds funny but maybe she didn't "see" you the size you were, over the years I knew someone super skinny and also someone with anorexia, both would look in the mirror and comment on how fat they were, I said to them (both years apart), "if you think you're fat what the hell do you think I am?!" bearing in mind I was probably double there size, they said they hadn't noticed and thought I looked lovey.

I honestly think some people are so wrapped up in how they look that they don't even notice other people.

I know this sounds funny but maybe she didn't "see" you the size you were, over the years I knew someone super skinny and also someone with anorexia, both would look in the mirror and comment on how fat they were, I said to them (both years apart), "if you think you're fat what the hell do you think I am?!" bearing in mind I was probably double there size, they said they hadn't noticed and thought I looked lovey.

I honestly think some people are so wrapped up in how they look that they don't even notice other people.

Well she definitely lives in her own wee world lol

Ok so i nearly burst today in the changing room of Bravissimo.

I went to get my wedding underwear - I have bought a gorgeous ivory basque and knickers....just got to get my stockings and we are sorted!

Anyway - i asked for a basque in my normal size (36F) and they tried it on - and it was awesome, but quite roomy.

I called for a store assistant to come and assist me as i wasnt sure what needed altering - cup size, or back.

The woman then said.

'Well my darling i think you are very slim, and that you need a smaller back size'

SLIM

SLIM!!!!

SLIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! (have never EVER been referred to as this!)

and thats not even the NSV.

Nope - The main NSV was that I didnt say within 2 seconds of getting the compliment

'oh yes thank you, but i used to be really fat, and obese and now i've lost some weight'. Or some other babble of the was-really-fat-am-not-so-fat-now nature.

I just internally combusted with a huge beamy smile, and then smiled and asked what she suggested we do.

She suggested a 34F - which fits lovely, and i look awesome.

I want to cry again reading that back. I am so happy.

x

Ellebear said:

I went to get my wedding underwear - I have bought a gorgeous ivory basque and knickers....just got to get my stockings and we are sorted!

Anyway - i asked for a basque in my normal size (36F) and they tried it on - and it was awesome, but quite roomy.

I called for a store assistant to come and assist me as i wasnt sure what needed altering - cup size, or back.

The woman then said.

'Well my darling i think you are very slim, and that you need a smaller back size'

SLIM

SLIM!!!!

Nope - The main NSV was that I didnt say within 2 seconds of getting the compliment

'oh yes thank you, but i used to be really fat, and obese and now i've lost some weight'. Or some other babble of the was-really-fat-am-not-so-fat-now nature.

I just internally combusted with a huge beamy smile, and then smiled and asked what she suggested we do.

x

Love this :)

Well done EB!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ellebear said:

The woman then said.

SLIM

SLIM!!!!

x

Oh my Elle, I am soooooo pleased for you!! Brought tears of happiness reading this xxx

Yesterday i hiked 25.5miles over the yorkshire 3 peaks to raise money for cancer research......last year i struggled doing race for life!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110911_132645.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110911_132645.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 57
Ellebear - blumin' fantastic chica! You are going to look so fab for the wedding!

Yesterday i hiked 25.5miles over the yorkshire 3 peaks to raise money for cancer research......last year i struggled doing race for life!!
Wello done lilprincessvic! Fantastic achievement - and you look fab on your piccie.

This is a sort of non-victory. Buses.

When I was a fat ******* people avoided sitting next to me, even if there were no other free seats. Now people have started sitting next to me EVEN WHEN THERE ARE free seats :mad:

This is not good. I am not happy. I want my big double seat back.

I may have to eat chips and drink lots to sooth my woes. And get my seat back. :cool:

Last edited:
ermintrude said:
This is a sort of non-victory. Buses.

When I was a fat ******* people avoided sitting next to me, even if there were no other free seats. Now people have started sitting next to me EVEN WHEN THERE ARE free seats :mad:

This is not good. I am not happy. I want my big double seat back.

I may have to eat chips and drink lots to sooth my woes. And get by seat back. :cool:

Lol! Don't do that!!! Just stop bathing instead - they'll soon move :)

Lol! Don't do that!!! Just stop bathing instead - they'll soon move :)

Aha! Good thinking! :cool: :D

lilprincessvic said:

How fantastic! Not only doing something for charity but doing yourself good too!

I'm finally in a size 18 again :D. I tried on 3 pairs in next yesterday and 2 of them fit (1 pair wouldn't even go over my thighs) then today I went through my barely worn clothes I grew our of and left at my mums and I fit in another 5 pairs of size 18 jeans in that lot so I feel like I've got a whole new wardrobe :D so chuffed!

A few good NSV's for me :D

Last week some of my mum's friends said how much weight I'd lost when I visited her.

Went to visit my Grandparents today and my Aunt and Uncle were also there, as soon as I walked in my uncle said blimey you have lost a lot of weight, my auntie said I look fantastic and got my partner to agree (she does anyway). Then when leaving hugged me again and said it again saying I looked even more lovely now and how well I'd done. My sweet Nanna said how good I looked and how amazingly I'd done at least 4 times bless her!

I now love seeing people I haven't seen for while as everyone seems to be really noticing I feel really proud and more attractive!

When in mum's car I would sit in front as it is difficult to climb in back being so big but my little brother asked if he could sit the front, and everyone in car saying I was not longer that big at all anymore and could no-longer get away with the excuse and would have to sit in back on the way back!:p

Back