NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Just been to kfc to pick up a bucket with husband & mil, dropped them at in law's house & now have a pasta bake for one in the oven. Very low syn. Yum yum. My biggest nsv is that I'm not even bothered I'm not having kfc!

Bought some new footwear this week, a pair of casual knee length baggyboot flatties (iykwim?) and a pair of wellies (pink with blue flowers on :D )

For the first time in over 20 yrs I have bought normal boots and not "fat-leg" boots!!!!!

Ooh, got a few NSVs today.

1st of all got a size 18 top as that was the largest left in stock, it fits albeit snugly. Then I tried on the jeans I wore pre-pregnancy & they fit, also size 18-not thinking about the muffin top! Then it was on with some old trousers & tops, again they fit. Finally there was the brand new pair of jeans & a couple of other things which were in the drawer under the bed waiting for me to slim into them-all too big :)

I dont know if this really counts but here goes...

Last night we went to see Alan Carr in Manchester (he was fab!) I didnt have any tea, so when we got home everyone started ordering chinese - i promptly went to bed before i indulged! Feels like such a victory to be in control of what i'm eating. I'd gotten so ridiculously out of control, eating anything & everything - that not having chinese (my fave!) feels like i've overcome something huge! And i feel great today for it!

:)

clairex said:
I dont know if this really counts but here goes...

Last night we went to see Alan Carr in Manchester (he was fab!) I didnt have any tea, so when we got home everyone started ordering chinese - i promptly went to bed before i indulged! Feels like such a victory to be in control of what i'm eating. I'd gotten so ridiculously out of control, eating anything & everything - that not having chinese (my fave!) feels like i've overcome something huge! And i feel great today for it!

:)

Brilliant, I think the best part of that is the fact you felt in control rather then deprived...well done x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Clairebear1000 said:
Just moved back into my uni house. Went shopping and picked up an Iceland stuffed crust four cheese pizza. Walked around with it....and put it back. :D

Great self control there :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I, rather optimistically, bought a couple of pairs of size 12 trousers the other day, hoping that they'd spur me on. I decided to try them on this morning.... and they not only go over my thighs, but they do up! :eek:

OK, I'll admit they're so tight that I look like a sausage, lmao, but I was so pleased - I can't wait until they fit properly :)

Hi everyone...I had the most wonderful NSV of my journey so far....I started my journey at a whopping 31st 7lb and a size 38/40 (well that was the size clothes I squeezed into )...joined SW when I was 25st 3lb and at that time my daughter gave me a gorgeous dress well, at the time I was a size 30/32 and I couldn't even get it over my shoulders, anyway...I am now just in my teens, 19st 12lb and decided to try the dress on ...and I got it on...doesn't look wonderful and I am not kidding myself I am a size 20, but the point is I got it on..omg at this rate I will definitely be a size 18 by Christmas and hopefully at my goal of 12/14 by August when my youngest daughter gets married ...I am so excited xx

I had a lovely experience on Saturday! I was singing in a choir concert and we had a big buffet afterwards in our village hall! One of the ladies helping to serve the food at the buffet who I've only met recently said "quiche Heather?" I said "Ooh I'd better not thanks"and she replied "why not?" I said "I've got to weigh on Monday"! This is the clanger.....she said "why on earth do you need to worry about your weight?!" I then told her! I LOVE it when people who didn't know me pre-weight loss make comments like that as that's when I truly believe I'm slim!! X

funcurls said:
I had a lovely experience on Saturday! I was singing in a choir concert and we had a big buffet afterwards in our village hall! One of the ladies helping to serve the food at the buffet who I've only met recently said "quiche Heather?" I said "Ooh I'd better not thanks"and she replied "why not?" I said "I've got to weigh on Monday"! This is the clanger.....she said "why on earth do you need to worry about your weight?!" I then told her! I LOVE it when people who didn't know me pre-weight loss make comments like that as that's when I truly believe I'm slim!! X

Love this :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lily42uk said:
Hi everyone...I had the most wonderful NSV of my journey so far....I started my journey at a whopping 31st 7lb and a size 38/40 (well that was the size clothes I squeezed into )...joined SW when I was 25st 3lb and at that time my daughter gave me a gorgeous dress well, at the time I was a size 30/32 and I couldn't even get it over my shoulders, anyway...I am now just in my teens, 19st 12lb and decided to try the dress on ...and I got it on...doesn't look wonderful and I am not kidding myself I am a size 20, but the point is I got it on..omg at this rate I will definitely be a size 18 by Christmas and hopefully at my goal of 12/14 by August when my youngest daughter gets married ...I am so excited xx

Wow!!! You've done fantastically!!!! Well done! You'll be looking wonderful in no time!!! And im sure you'll be at your goal by the wedding!!! Keep up the good work xxx

I am counting this as a NSV. After starting the gym last week I went yesterday but it was so busy with all these really slim people that I only did a couple of things and then left as I just felt a bit intimidated. But I went back today, a bit earlier and managed to do most of my program and i feel so much better about it.

Back