NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I think that's an awesome NSV Hamish's mum, not letting one bad gym experience put you off. A few sessions when it's a bit quieter and you'll be tonnes more confident when you next go during a busy time :)

Hi everyone...I had the most wonderful NSV of my journey so far....I started my journey at a whopping 31st 7lb and a size 38/40 (well that was the size clothes I squeezed into )...joined SW when I was 25st 3lb and at that time my daughter gave me a gorgeous dress well, at the time I was a size 30/32 and I couldn't even get it over my shoulders, anyway...I am now just in my teens, 19st 12lb and decided to try the dress on ...and I got it on...doesn't look wonderful and I am not kidding myself I am a size 20, but the point is I got it on..omg at this rate I will definitely be a size 18 by Christmas and hopefully at my goal of 12/14 by August when my youngest daughter gets married ...I am so excited xx

Thats AMAZING! I literally have the biggest smile on my face reading this...what an achievement!! Your a thinspiration ;)

Hi everyone...I had the most wonderful NSV of my journey so far....I started my journey at a whopping 31st 7lb and a size 38/40 (well that was the size clothes I squeezed into )...joined SW when I was 25st 3lb and at that time my daughter gave me a gorgeous dress well, at the time I was a size 30/32 and I couldn't even get it over my shoulders, anyway...I am now just in my teens, 19st 12lb and decided to try the dress on ...and I got it on...doesn't look wonderful and I am not kidding myself I am a size 20, but the point is I got it on..omg at this rate I will definitely be a size 18 by Christmas and hopefully at my goal of 12/14 by August when my youngest daughter gets married ...I am so excited xx

Wow that is an absolutely AMAZING achievement!! Look how much you have reduced your BMI by!!! And that NSV must make you feel on top of the world!! Congratulations!! With your attitude you will certainly get to size 12/14 by August and will be posting another NSV about how amazing you felt in your MOTB outfit and all the compliments you got...XXX

Thanks everyone I do feel amazing already, I don't really remember exactly what it felt like to be that size ...so much weight loss since ...but I can remember feeling like I was the ...I can't even say walking as I couldn't...a wobbling mess that felt half dead...I am so much alive now and so much fitter...I swear I couldn't feel any better if I was at goal already...I just find something that makes me smile everyday and that keeps me going towards my goal, even when I have the odd blip and I will be at my target weight or as near as I can be. xx

Hamish'smum, you are a star...well done on not giving in and going back. xx

Thanks everyone I do feel amazing already, I don't really remember exactly what it felt like to be that size ...so much weight loss since ...but I can remember feeling like I was the ...I can't even say walking as I couldn't...a wobbling mess that felt half dead...I am so much alive now and so much fitter...I swear I couldn't feel any better if I was at goal already...I just find something that makes me smile everyday and that keeps me going towards my goal, even when I have the odd blip and I will be at my target weight or as near as I can be. xx

Hamish'smum, you are a star...well done on not giving in and going back. xx

Totally amazing and inspiring!! To make those changes to your well being, health and self-confidence- brilliant!!XXXX:D

I announced that I had finally reached target weight and so many people commented that they didn't even know I had been losing weight as I was so slim anyway!
My boyfriend looked at my work id badge(as have a few others!) and have all been gobsmacked at the change - just goes to show 1st 7lb can make a massive difference!
Plus I put my suit in today for the first time since march and my trousers are too big :) I have a big pile of clothes now that I don't want to get rid of so I'm taking them to be adjusted instead :)

Last night in an attempt to help my son's fitness for his rugby, (he plays front row, trying to get him more supple and used to running for longer distances, not short runs full of power to smash into the opposition) anyway we went for a run lol :D we ran a whole mile without stopping :8855:
We then did interval training on the way back. I am thrilled I could run a mile in the first instance lol.

Secondly, tried on my jeans I haven't worn for ages, the waist is too big and needed a belt. The belt used to be a stuggle to do up, however found I was looking for a hole for ages and discovered that all the holes were past the buckle, yippee!!!!!

Lastly, just took a photo of my mid - drift whilst sitting down to inspire me to keep focussed to loose these last 8lb's.
Amazingly even though I say so myself, it looks passable - :8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

Wow that is AMAZING, seriously, seriously inspiring!!! WELL DONE!!!! :cool: Yay, we will get there one day! :)

Wow that is AMAZING, seriously, seriously inspiring!!! WELL DONE!!!! :cool: Yay, we will get there one day! :)

Thanks hun, definitely we will...see you at the finish line xxx

I spent three hours yesterday taking everything out of my wardrobe and trying it on and throwing 3 bags full out! Either too big or really tatty or never worn. 2 bags for the charity shop, 1 for the bin and when I was trying on an evening dress that I've had for years! Husband actually said that he'd never seen me so thin!
Wow! and thinking about it, he really hasn't! I was much bigger when we met and although I lost weight for the wedding, I still wasn't as thin as this and after the wedding I piled it on.
Now all I need is somewhere to go where I can wear any of the 4!! beautiful dresses that now fit me before they get too big! Lol!!

Fionat29 said:
I spent three hours yesterday taking everything out of my wardrobe and trying it on and throwing 3 bags full out! Either too big or really tatty or never worn. 2 bags for the charity shop, 1 for the bin and when I was trying on an evening dress that I've had for years! Husband actually said that he'd never seen me so thin!
Wow! and thinking about it, he really hasn't! I was much bigger when we met and although I lost weight for the wedding, I still wasn't as thin as this and after the wedding I piled it on.
Now all I need is somewhere to go where I can wear any of the 4!! beautiful dresses that now fit me before they get too big! Lol!!

Great NSV :) Well done x

Btw don't throw the clothes away - give them to the charity shop too as they can sell them!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great NSV :) Well done x

Btw don't throw the clothes away - give them to the charity shop too as they can sell them!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah anything not fit for selling put in a bag mark it RAGS and take it in, they will be glad you've done the sorting for them and get paid by the bag, don't overfill them though nothing more annoying than a bag split! (Used to work in a charridee shop!)

My Mum told me last night that her friends had said to her they'd noticed how much weight I'd lost AND today at work people commented too! It was cold this morning so I wore a jumper dress (so I guess less forgiving) and people were asking me how much I'd lost :)

I don't belieeeeeeveeeee it!!!! I don't BELIEVE it!!!

I AM A SIZE 26!!!!!

A 26!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:faint2:

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

I just had a delivery from Simply Be as Id ordered some last minute stuff for this wedding tomorrow (after the last fiasco when I found everything smart I possess is too big!) - well I ordered stuff in a 30, 28 and 26, basically expecting it to be hopefully a 28 but get a 30 on the off chance it was still too tight, then if I really liked it Id keep the 26 as Ill shrink out of them pretty soon (hopefully!), so in a couple of months what is tight now will fit and I dont want to be buying twice. Well all the 30's were too big, AND THE 28'S WERE TOO BIG AS WELL!!! :eek: Woo hoo! :woohoo:

I havent bought any new stuff since I started this plan, which was basically when I could no longer even *squeeze* into a 32+ Ive been happy that Im getting too small for my older stuff that I didnt fit into any more but Im amazed that I *already* fit the 26's!!! :bliss:

(Well, it's my top end that's a 26, my arse is a size bigger than my boobs, so my arse is currently a 28 - but I can still get into the 26's so Im keeping them instead of the 28's, cos theyll fit no problem in a month or so :D )

ermintrude said:
I don't belieeeeeeveeeee it!!!! I don't BELIEVE it!!!

I AM A SIZE 26!!!!!

A 26!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:faint2:

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

I just had a delivery from Simply Be as Id ordered some last minute stuff for this wedding tomorrow (after the last fiasco when I found everything smart I possess is too big!) - well I ordered stuff in a 30, 28 and 26, basically expecting it to be hopefully a 28 but get a 30 on the off chance it was still too tight, then if I really liked it Id keep the 26 as Ill shrink out of them pretty soon (hopefully!), so in a couple of months what is tight now will fit and I dont want to be buying twice. Well all the 30's were too big, AND THE 28'S WERE TOO BIG AS WELL!!! :eek: Woo hoo! :woohoo:

I havent bought any new stuff since I started this plan, which was basically when I could no longer even *squeeze* into a 32+ Ive been happy that Im getting too small for my older stuff that I didnt fit into any more but Im amazed that I *already* fit the 26's!!! :bliss:

(Well, it's my top end that's a 26, my arse is a size bigger than my boobs, so my arse is currently a 28 - but I can still get into the 26's so Im keeping them instead of the 28's, cos theyll fit no problem in a month or so :D )

Yay, well done Hun, that's fantastic and as you say, you will keep shrinking anyway, so your bum will soon be too small - bring that moment on, yippee :)

Back