NSVs - Non Scale Victories

sleepytimesadie said:
Imigran... Works wonders... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

His doctor told him he can take max of four a month, so when he has three in a week what's he supposed to do? It's got so bad (not the lack of... you know, but only having half a husband because of the migraines) that it's on my list of things to tell the doc when I go next week.

Shirleen said:
His doctor told him he can take max of four a month, so when he has three in a week what's he supposed to do? It's got so bad (not the lack of... you know, but only having half a husband because of the migraines) that it's on my list of things to tell the doc when I go next week.

Maybe needs some tests... I get now and again, evil things... Hope you get it sorted babe... xx

sleepytimesadie said:
Maybe needs some tests... I get now and again, evil things... Hope you get it sorted babe... xx

Thanks sweetie! Was funny when we first got married it was me who had migraines 3-4 times a week for a year then I got flu and they went! I get about 6-8 a year now

I have had a few nsv's i have some lovely comments on my weight loss journey after loosing about stone an half, a person in work come up to me and said " have you lost weight" ? I was so excited i could have hugged her to death!! :bighug:
Not long after that about 2-3 weeks the comments come a bit more regular it is a wonderful feeling :D

I know I've been only doing SW for 3 weeks (tomorrow), but I saw someone today who I haven't seen in quite some time and she said I looked like I'd lost some weight.....and I was like "Yeah! 8lbs to be precise!" LOL:eek:

When I was going for a walk today, I zipped up a jacket that last month I had to literally hold my breath to get fastened!

YAY!!! Take that, tight jacket!!!

I have a pair of jeans that I haven't worn since my first pregnancy in 2006....they were from when I was at my slimest ever. Yesterday I put them on and they fit! Fair enough I had a muffin top and couldn't sit down in them but they were zipped and buttoned!! I thought I'd never get in them again but kept them as a momento....thank you SW!! I thought I was at target but the temptation of a few more pounds to fit in them is niggling at me. I have bought the 30 day shred dvd, hopefully that will help me tone rather than lose more weight...just waiting for it to be delivered now!

I used to get three per week too, your poor hubby it is completely debilitating.

For the last few years I have been on Antenelol (a betablocker) daily and it works wonders.. I only get the odd one when really stressed now xx

I used to get three per week too, your poor hubby it is completely debilitating.

For the last few years I have been on Antenelol (a betablocker) daily and it works wonders.. I only get the odd one when really stressed now xx

He's on Beta Blockers too! *sigh*

I do sympathise with the migraines I only get the odd one but they are awful, but from what I understand there are many new medications now so the doctor should be able to suggest something to help. good luck.

I've had a couple of new nsvs this week, firstly the deputy head at school came laughing up to me saying he keeps doing a double take when he sees me in the corridor as I look so different! Also I tried on a lovely dress in BHS in a size 14, then had to ask the assistant to get me a size 12 as it was far too big!!! Me in a size 12 - and the dress was half price as well. Absolute bargain!

I've had a couple of new nsvs this week, firstly the deputy head at school came laughing up to me saying he keeps doing a double take when he sees me in the corridor as I look so different! Also I tried on a lovely dress in BHS in a size 14, then had to ask the assistant to get me a size 12 as it was far too big!!! Me in a size 12 - and the dress was half price as well. Absolute bargain!

oh that's fab! Bet you felt so happy then.

With hot weather I have a day off today and thought i'd dig out a pair of shorts - all had been relegated to back of wardrobe as haven't been able to get into them for about 3 years, first pair I put on are literally baggy around the waist....haven't even got a dress I can wear as all are two sizes too big now. Yay!

I bought a t shirt last year online from America ( a cute one about Pluto the planet) to wear when I was pregnant. I was only just pregnant so not showing at that point and assumed it would fit as it was an Extra Extra Large.

It arrived and it was an American Apparel XXL.. which is about a UK 16-18 and would not go over me at all (it felt more to the 16 side of things than the 18..). Dismayed I chucked it to the back of the wardrobe, intending to sell on Ebay.

I put a T shirt I wear frequently on the other day, and was annoyed to find out it was getting slightly tight despite the fact I'm loosing weight.. and looked down and it was the too small Pluto t Shirt. I nearly cried on the spot.. I NEVER EVER thought I would get it on when I tried it on a year ago!

When I started this losing weight lark I said I would be happy when I got down from my size 22 bum and back into a size 16. I have "good child bearing hips" and have always been "broad in the beam".

When I was in the UK in April my friend (who's also doing SW) gave me 2 pairs of trousers - both worn once as she'd shrunk out of them before really wearing them! One a UK 16 and one a US 14. Whilst I could get them on they were VERY tight. Lots of muffin top.

Tried them on in June and was gobsmacked. The UK 16 fitted perfectly and whilst the US 14 was ok'ish they still felt a bit tight.

I haven't tried on those US 14 trousers since June. I said then that I though a few more pounds would make the difference. Well I'm now 10 lbs less than that and as it is starting to get cooler here I thought I'd try them on once again!

Today I'm even more gobsmacked! Erm - they fit. :D :wee: :woohoo:

In fact I need to wear a belt with them as they are actually too big on the waist - but that's always been the way for me as "my child bearing" hips have always meant I had to get trousers in a size bigger than required for my waist. They are also very comfy on the hips - not at all tight!

Going out to dinner tonight to celebrate hubby's birthday. Think I'll celebrate too!

Not a single person has commented on my weight loss (admittedly only half a stone) since I began this journey. To be honest I can't see a slimmer me either. But I went to a meeting yesterday with folks I haven't seen since january and two people commented on how slim I was looking. Only if they knew how much it meant to me and what a struggle it's been to make even an ounce of progress. I've had more gains than I care to remember but I'm getting there very slowly but surely.

I have a pair of black linen trousers that I couldn't do up a couple of months ago. With this hot weather I decided to try them on again to see how close I was to fitting in them. Put them on this morning and I was so shocked to find they actually did up and were baggy around the bum!

Was even more shocked when they fell down around my ankles while making breakfast :D :D :D couldn't believe it!!

Back