NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My daughter has just given me a dress and a blouse size 20 AND THEY FIT!!!!!!! 18 months ago I was buying size 30/32. I can't believe it!

Went boot shopping and tried on some Evans ones (as usual) but they were too big and baggy around my calf so tried a shoe shop and they fit fine. Small NSV but made me happy :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Went boot shopping and tried on some Evans ones (as usual) but they were too big and baggy around my calf so tried a shoe shop and they fit fine. Small NSV but made me happy :)

Noooo that's a huge NSV!! I'd be weeping with joy :D

joclairey said:
Noooo that's a huge NSV!! I'd be weeping with joy :D

Aw thanks :) Might post a piccie later as I'm loving my new boots. It was weird shopping for boots in this weather though :)

My daughter has just given me a dress and a blouse size 20 AND THEY FIT!!!!!!! 18 months ago I was buying size 30/32. I can't believe it!
That's 5 whole sizes !!! Fantastic!

Small NSV ??? I'd be jumping up and down like a manic jack-in-the-box.

That must be soooo brilliant - I still can't get ANY calflength boots on. Combination of having small (size 4) feet and (to quote Morecombe and Wise) "short, fat, hairy legs".

Tried m&s too and they are really generous around the calf too. They also seemed to only have either tiny sizes like yours or size 9's!!!

Working in school on Thurs pm and the class teacher said that after seeing how well I've done makes her want to start doing SW again......OMG I've inspired somebody!!!:D

I was going to the toilet in the middle of the night a few weeks ago and my boyfriend said how much flatter my tummy was looking! Yey! :talk017:

Hubby paid me a compliment that i looked gorgeous i felt a million dollars :girlpower:
Then spoilt it by saying " the only place you haven't lost weight is around your mouth" :8855:
didnt know if i should have hit him or laughed :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, Kev does the jaffa cakes advert when I bent over, you know full moon, half moon, total eclipse... He thinks it funny... Tries to make me laugh, but just makes me paranoid about the size of my bum...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

A colleague I work with sporadically actually followed me into the loo because she recognised my hair from behind, but not the rest of me and she had to check if it was me!

She's a teeny wee thing and she's never had an issue with her weight and was amazed at how well I've done. I haven't stopped grinning since :D (even if I'm not terribly comfortable talking to people when I'm peeing!)

wenchie said:
A colleague I work with sporadically actually followed me into the loo because she recognised my hair from behind, but not the rest of me and she had to check if it was me!

She's a teeny wee thing and she's never had an issue with her weight and was amazed at how well I've done. I haven't stopped grinning since :D (even if I'm not terribly comfortable talking to people when I'm peeing!)

Oh that's great! How fab of her to make you feel that good! Dont forget to pay it forward! X

Agree abt the peeing!

I shall absolutely pay it forward (hard not to when I feel so fabby, you know? the postive stuff kind of bubbles out!).

I was utterly MORTIFIED, but what can you do :8855:

I WORE JEANS TODAY!!!!!

These jeans were bought at the start of some fad diet I was trying earlier this year-needless to say they never got a look in after I decided I could never be in the same room as another food replacement meal again..:spit: But now only 4 weeks into slimming world they fit. Oh and they are a tight size twelve:innocent0002:!!!! Love it.

Omg just found a dress that cost a fortune that I cried about because the shop assistant said we don't do clothes for your size and i refused to leave the shop till I was wedged in it, guess what it pulls straight on over my head And i can spin it around without undoing it as it I at least three sizes to small ( this was from my biggest three stone heavier in total 4 years ago) having a little cry of amazement now it feels amazing . Just wondering if it can be take-in as I have been invited to a black tie ball any ideas ? ( sorry for the ramble)

dd82 said:
Omg just found a dress that cost a fortune that I cried about because the shop assistant said we don't do clothes for your size and i refused to leave the shop till I was wedged in it, guess what it pulls straight on over my head And i can spin it around without undoing it as it I at least three sizes to small ( this was from my biggest three stone heavier in total 4 years ago) having a little cry of amazement now it feels amazing . Just wondering if it can be take-in as I have been invited to a black tie ball any ideas ? ( sorry for the ramble)

Wow. What a great NSV!

Yes either take it in or go shopping and treat yourself to a brand new dress :)

dd82 said:

How wonderful... you must be so proud... go you... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thank you I was not looking forward to sorting through my wardrobe but I am so glad I found this it cost a fortune and I have only worn it once will be over the moon if it can be taken in , leaves more pennies for replacing the rest of my wardrobe lol , thanks again

Thank you I was not looking forward to sorting through my wardrobe but I am so glad I found this it cost a fortune and I have only worn it once will be over the moon if it can be taken in , leaves more pennies for replacing the rest of my wardrobe lol , thanks again

You should take it to a Tailor, I'm sure they'll be able to sort it out for you.

My NSV is rather different as I'm only in my third week but my depression has lifted. All this healthy food and extra walking seems to have lifted my mood. I'm jumping out of bed rather than hiding under the duvets. I'm not tempted to skip college and I'm in a proper routine of eating my meals. I'm also taking more care of my appearance.

It's so true that if you eat c**p you feel like c**p. Feeling like I do now is a massive victory for me. Can't wait to have physical NSV's though as well :D

Back