NSVs - Non Scale Victories

You should take it to a Tailor, I'm sure they'll be able to sort it out for you.

My NSV is rather different as I'm only in my third week but my depression has lifted. All this healthy food and extra walking seems to have lifted my mood. I'm jumping out of bed rather than hiding under the duvets. I'm not tempted to skip college and I'm in a proper routine of eating my meals. I'm also taking more care of my appearance.

It's so true that if you eat c**p you feel like c**p. Feeling like I do now is a massive victory for me. Can't wait to have physical NSV's though as well :D

that is a huge nsv, massive!!!!!!!

My NSV is rather different as I'm only in my third week but my depression has lifted. All this healthy food and extra walking seems to have lifted my mood. I'm jumping out of bed rather than hiding under the duvets. I'm not tempted to skip college and I'm in a proper routine of eating my meals. I'm also taking more care of my appearance.

It's so true that if you eat c**p you feel like c**p. Feeling like I do now is a massive victory for me. Can't wait to have physical NSV's though as well :D

That's wonderful to hear! Well done you! :)

I've only been on SW a week, and it's just a mental NSV really - but I've always been big, and always assumed I would be. I lost 2lb this week, and it occured to me that if I continued losing 2lb a week, I could have lost almost half my body weight by my 30th next december. The possibility finally exists for me that I might be average sized one day, and not starve myself to do so. That possibility in my head seems incredibly powerful :)

ThatBubbs said:
I've only been on SW a week, and it's just a mental NSV really - but I've always been big, and always assumed I would be. I lost 2lb this week, and it occured to me that if I continued losing 2lb a week, I could have lost almost half my body weight by my 30th next december. The possibility finally exists for me that I might be average sized one day, and not starve myself to do so. That possibility in my head seems incredibly powerful :)

And that is the sort of mindset that will get you there... go you... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Im holding off going on a night out till ive lost enough people will notice and go WOW..is that bad? :D

I had to go and get some new jeans and a top because I got fed up of feeling scruffy as everything was hanging off me and the belt made me look like I was tied in the middle like a sack o spuds.

Also all my 'big' clothes are not very feminine because I never felt feminine and girly, always felt ugly.

I automatically went to evans as I always had to go there, and my Mum said why don't I try a few sizes on to see what fits and try other shops! let me say that again other shops:8855:

I was a size 22/24 when I started in Feb.

I am now a size 18 in Dorothy Perkins and BHS and Next :D I cannot believe it, still a long way to go and could not buy too many clothes as hopefully they will be too big soon enough.

Was told today by a colleague I dint see often that I'm SHRINKING! :) Love it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Today its been quite cold and windy so time to get out my winter dog walking coat.... is a size 24. Last year omg it was so tight, I couldn't do it up without breathing in, and couldn't put keys phone etc in pockets as they were so tightly stretched around me one of the pockets broke :rolleyes:

Put it on at lunchtime and its huge on me :eek: several inches too big around the bottom... OMG wish I could bottle that feeling, I shall continue to wear it as can get some layers on in the winter underneath it but was so shocked to see how big it was :D

My therapist has told me I'm fading away! (not really but it's nice to hear). My CPN has joined Slimming World as she had has been so inspired by my changing shape and great weight loss.

Mine is a weird one and a bit long winded

On Aug 17th my scales broke, after buying some new ones (weight 209lbs) I decided I was going to see how well the S/W ethos was in my head as I had been "dieting" for over a year, and see if I could act as a "slim" person and not be obsessed with the scales so I popped them back in the box and into the wardrobe. Today I got back on the scales as I really want to lose the last 3-4st and to see how much I had gained in my 6 weeks "off" I now weigh 204.5lbs I have lost over 4lbs!!!

As I still want to lose another stone, I am buying cheap clothes until I settle on a size - I needed a couple of casual tops to go with jeans so popped into ASDA (its cheap!!) and I think for the first time IN MY LIFE, I fitted into and bought 2 tops and a dress..........in a size 12 :eek::D:D

Went to black tie do from work last night & met up with some friends that I have not seen for about 6 months - still blushing from their comments as to how well I am looking and just how much weight I have lost. As I am a "slow" looser and sometimes get really frustrated by this, their comments really made my day. Will carry on the slow but steady journey!

My journey is slow and steady too... pound each week at most, but I have lost 32ibs... Not updated my stats, but I am getting there... so will you... xx

My journey is slow and steady too... pound each week at most, but I have lost 32ibs... Not updated my stats, but I am getting there... so will you... xx

Thank you Chelle - and what a fab loss so far!. In my mind the slower to loose, the easier to keep it off! Have a great weekend.

Not a new one - I saw it in someones post the other week and thought to myself - I wonder....

Well whilst out shopping today tried on a couple of pairs of long boots and I could get them on - yes!!! no more hunting for wide calf fitting boots.:8855:

Back