NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Bought size 24 jeans and 24 jeggings, the jeans fit my hips but still need to wear a belt for the waist, the jeggings will fit me for a little while! I started this at size 30-32!

My nsv is ive tripled my wardrobe as im now the same size as my three sisters who have some fantastic clothes between them!!

And even tho ive not reached target yet people are telling me i'm going to be too skinny if i carry on............i'm not bothered about weight or size, i just want to be healthy!!! So i can afford another 7lb or so :0)

My 12 jeans had some give in the waist so I went into town and tried on some 10s out of curiosity - they fit! Snug, but they did fit, I wasn't straining to do them up or anything. The idea of being a size 10 is mental.

Just got told by a young lad I used to work with " coor you lost weight your quite trim now" lol I am taking quite trim as a big NSV

I found a formal dress in a bag in the attic that I wore for my graduation ball 13 years ago, tried it on for the laugh and it was loose on me!!!

I've had to get my mum to take in some of my size 12 clothes as they are too big! I got a size 12 pair of pants for Zumba in July and for the last 2 weeks I've been able to pull them down when I go to the toilet without un zipping them or anything so that is my NSV plus I've had a few people in group saying how skinny I'm looking as they haven't seen me for a few weeks! very happy bunny :) xx

Someone at work said to me 'ooh you've lost a lot of weight' :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Today I bought some calf length boots from a normal shop which not only did up right to the top but did so over my straight leg jeans and comfortably!

I would have been able to wear neither the boots nor the jeans this time last year!

I have finally got rid of the "big girl" mentality. I got the newsletter from a local shop through by email and there were some nice skirts in it. I clicked for more details and saw they ware available in size 38-46 (that's a UK 10-16). My very first thought was Oh boo, they probably won't fit me. That's because in a skirt I'm often size 36! Now it's the lower end of the scale, whereas before I'd have been upset that I could never find anything BIG enough. I know which I prefer.

I'm having to totally rethink my wardrobe and what suits my figure and I think my head is finally catching up with my body.

hatwell said:
My 12 jeans had some give in the waist so I went into town and tried on some 10s out of curiosity - they fit! Snug, but they did fit, I wasn't straining to do them up or anything. The idea of being a size 10 is mental.

I've just got there too!! It's staggering, I have NEVER been size 10! I still can't get my head round it.

Fionat29 said:
I've just got there too!! It's staggering, I have NEVER been size 10! I still can't get my head round it.

Loving it!!! Only 4 months ago i was panicking as 14's were getting snug!!!

Now i am a 10...........and yes some 8's fit me!!! By xmas i will be 8st 13lb and a size 8!!!! :)

Great NSV's everyone... One of the biker girls came to the pub last night with a beautiful velvet coat size 14... She bought it to me to sell for her at the goth bring and buy... I tried it on in front of her, convinced it would be too tight, but it fit like a dream... I paid her there and then I was so happy... I now have a stunning coat for Whitby next week, for £50 and the cost of a dry clean... Winner... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I'd never been a 12 and now when I go shopping I just buy 12s, not even "ooh maybe a 12 will fit me", I buy 12s because that's my size. Still can't really get my head round it. I wonder when I will stop feeling like a fat person.

I bought a couple of things in a size 12 on Friday, purely because I liked them and thought "well, maybe in a few week's time I can wear them" but they fit now! :) Granted they are leggings and tunics rather than fitted things but... they are still a size 12!

Heading to see my folks this weekend - need some cat cuddles and TLC after the last few weeks - so am going to hit the charity shops up by them I think, as I currently only have 1 pair of jeans that fit me - a very snug size 14 originally but are now getting a bit loose. No point spending a lot of money on stuff as don't plan on being a size 12 for that long if I can help it - if I can get my brain back into gear and start sticking to SW far more than I have the last 3 weeks or so!

joclairey said:
MIL just told me you an REALLY see the difference.. and she'd proud of me :)

Pleased for you... I have just seen my in laws for the first time since I started sw (have lost 4st 4lbs - gone from size 22/ 24 to a 14/ 16) and they have said nothing - unfortunately they are not the nice kind of people who do not mention weight - they have always commented on my size and the portions I have.... so if any of you have any suggestions for a Christmas shock for them - let me know (that will be my victory)

Pleased for you... I have just seen my in laws for the first time since I started sw (have lost 4st 4lbs - gone from size 22/ 24 to a 14/ 16) and they have said nothing - unfortunately they are not the nice kind of people who do not mention weight - they have always commented on my size and the portions I have.... so if any of you have any suggestions for a Christmas shock for them - let me know (that will be my victory)

Very well done! A post card from somewhere hot! :D

A bundle of your old clothes that you have shrunk out of with a note saying "I thought these might be of some use to you. " :)
A hearty SW Christmas dinner.?
A 6 week countdown and a note saying the same as above. ?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back