NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Girl I worked with a couple of years ago saw me the other day and asked me what had happened to me because I was now tiny!!!!! And she didn't mean my height!!! :)

hope you dont mind me joining in.
At the weekend I put on a pair of wooly tights and a while later realised that they were a large rather than a xxl or xxxl. :) :)

toofatkat said:
hope you dont mind me joining in.
At the weekend I put on a pair of wooly tights and a while later realised that they were a large rather than a xxl or xxxl. :) :)

That's great!!!

Got a little one! I have ankle boots that I bought a couple of weeks before I joined SW (when i spent a fortune on clothes after 'accepting' i wouldn't lose weight, haha) and have been wearing them every day for work. When I first got them. I could't do the zip up to the top due to my cankles, but this morning when zipping them up I noticed I got all the way to the top, and not only that there was a cm gap, it felt good - even if clearly I've lost all my weight from there, hehe! ;)

Vitology said:
Nowt to to with slimming at all but im telling the world and his uncle cos i'm buzzing!!!!!

X-Factors peter dixon rang me up last night!!! (the bloke who is the voice on it!!)
He was at a launch party for kinect sports two, and my oh went up and asked him to ring me, AND HE DID!!!! :D:D:D

Nice one! Did he say your name x factor style, lmao

Another NSV, after not wearing them for years due to pregnancies & fat legs i have managed to zip up my favourite knee high boots :D only problem is 4inch heels and running after children do not mix :family2:

Well having made a determined effort with both my SW commitment and on the exercise front for the last 3 weeks, I can now see the emergence of a three-pack :D I won't go so far as to say a six pack yet, but I have high hopes!

Also, not sure if it's a victory or not, but I went out clothes shopping a couple of days ago and couldn't find a skirt in the sales to fit me - the size 10's were all too big and nothing on the reduced rails in a size 8 :(

So I came home and went through my wardrobe, putting things aside for the charity shop that I have now finally admitted are way too big and I will never wear again. I mean, making do and mending is all very well, but I think trying to make a size 16 skirt fit a size 8 waist is taking things (in) a bit too far!

Needle and thread came out and I have altered, shortened and tucked a few things, so now I have a "new" collection of clothes that's cost me nothing :D

Hubby bought me a fleece hoody last year for Christmas. It was a bit tight.
Just put it on to do a mercy dash with son to school and it was swimming on me!!

As it's too big to wear out I'm going to wear it for work when I put my PJ's on!

Had lots of NSV's on holiday, people who haven't seen me since April and were very shocked at my slimmer shape... Ultimate one for me though was Kev took a photo of me in a top I haven't worn for a few years, a Vivianne Westwood corset top, sent it to my brother Charlie who sent me a text saying," my Bro in law was so proud of how "fit" his wife looked in that outfit, he would marry you all over again"... I love my Bro and my Kev... xx

Had lots of NSV's on holiday, people who haven't seen me since April and were very shocked at my slimmer shape... Ultimate one for me though was Kev took a photo of me in a top I haven't worn for a few years, a Vivianne Westwood corset top, sent it to my brother Charlie who sent me a text saying," my Bro in law was so proud of how "fit" his wife looked in that outfit, he would marry you all over again"... I love my Bro and my Kev... xx

Do we get to see the photo???

I have ( for reasons I don't want to go into ) one of my old workmates work T-shirt in an L...
For a laugh I tried it on today and while it was like a second skin, it fit me... :)

I may even start wearing it under my sweatshirt and start jogging.. it will make a great "sports brace" to keep all the jiggly bits tied down while I run.. ( one of the reasons I don't go running.. it hurts.. )

ColJack said:
I have ( for reasons I don't want to go into ) one of my old workmates work T-shirt in an L...
For a laugh I tried it on today and while it was like a second skin, it fit me... :)

I may even start wearing it under my sweatshirt and start jogging.. it will make a great "sports brace" to keep all the jiggly bits tied down while I run.. ( one of the reasons I don't go running.. it hurts.. )

Have you seen the thread "wow! Check this out for inspiration", it's about a guy who started running, I thought it was lovely x

ColJack said:

Wow how fab!!!! My hubby has some shirts in L and XL I've got my eye on!

Back