NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I have a new NSV, and I'm chuffed to *******! I was collared on my way into the loos at work by someone I've not seen in a while and she said 'Is it just me, or are you shrinking?' I utterly beamed. Turns out she goes to a SW group elsewhere so we had a natter about the plan. i'm so totally pleased, this is the first time anyone who didn't know I was doing SW has commented! :D :D

Yesterday I had a call saying I am one of the finalists for our group's Miss Slinky :) and then today I went to try on the size 16 jeans I've been trying once a week for the past few weeks - always said I'd buy them when they fit me. Today is the day!! I was so chuffed, when I first tried them they barely went past my knees and now they fit perfectly :D I feel totally different!

Shirleen said:
It's for people that may resemble those spring toys that will 'walk' down stairs!!!!!

At least....I think so!

You always make me laugh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A work colleague I don't see often stopped me today to say I'm 'wasting away' !!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thought it was time to treat myself to some new undies, as mine are all falling off me and head are baggy. I ended up buying 38d and size 18 bottoms. I can't believe I was a d. But the fit if them are so great.

Had my first non "in the know" comment yesterday! We went to see my MIL on Sunday, and were talking to her neighbour over her fence. Apparently when she saw my MIL the next day she asked if I'd lost some weight, and when MIL said I had she said even though it was a bit dark it was really obvious. Woohoo!

Winning group miss slinky last night can't stop smiling still today :D

My first NSV today - grabbed a skirt out of my wardrobe which while fit was SKIN tight when started my journey but put it on today and its HUGE - I could turn round 360* in it lol
Yah!
Needed this as scales not moving as quick as i hoped but to see / feel the weight loss is great.

I bought mid calf boots in a CHEAP shoe shop this morning. When I started this journey (way before starting SW.. I was 17'1 pre pregnancy) I was struggling to get a pair to fit from evans!

The suit I got married in 17 years ago, fits again. Now just got to wait another 17 for it to come back into fashion!

:8855: lol

The vintage look is back in so think you should try it on, take pics and give us a fashion show hehe x

The suit I got married in 17 years ago, fits again. Now just got to wait another 17 for it to come back into fashion!

Although TBH the jacket is way too big, but the trousers fit nice.

Hopefully they'll be too big by Xmas as well! :D
He he - at least it's not 1976 vintage like hubbies (which we found hiding in teh trunk when we got to Spain). HUGE lapels that looked so awful - and a big VELVET kipper tie. Yuk.

Whjat was the fashion 17 years ago?

I've worn a new jumper dress thingy to work today with a pair of leggings and my knee high boots. The dress is a black fine knit one with a bubble type hem and a fitted waist with button detailing. Was going to wear it with tights but decided it was a little too short to do that - I think it's meant to be a top rather than a dress but me being only 4ft 11" I can get away with it!

Anyway, as soon as I walked in the office my boss said "oh get you wearing a new dress with your skinny figure, looks really good" which put a smile on my face. Then walked out into the other office to speak with someone and they turned around and asked how much I'd lost, so told them 2 stone. They couldn't believe it when I said that I still need to lose another 2 stone to be a healthy weight for my height, and couldn't believe I was any more than a size 10/12... still in size 14 trousers and skirts and 12-14 tops!

I am now grinning and feel as though I could take on the world... well, maybe not quite that brave but for the first time in nearly two months I think I've stepped closer to happiness again! Not there yet, but one step closer!

Put my leather jacket on which as been in the back of the wardrobe for ages as i had grown to big for it....it was to big for me even with a thick jumper on underneath!! Suppose i could always add an extra layer as it gets colder! x

Was walking to SW when I noticed a guy in his car looking and smiling at me. Next he gets hit by the woman sitting next to him and he looks away.

Still got it, or I suppose now I've found it again!

:bliss:

Was walking to SW when I noticed a guy in his car looking and smiling at me. Next he gets hit by the woman sitting next to him and he looks away.

Still got it, or I suppose now I've found it again!

:bliss:

Haha love love love it!!!! :D :)

Thought I'd try on the pin stripe pencil skirt that always looked lumpy on me, had a mixture of emotions when it fell to the floor!!! Lol

Back