NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I'm not sure it's an NSV but while out running today I had a whole van full of young men hollering at me. So I just waved and smiled and they hollered some more!!

Is it still a NSV if you have to start the conversation?

In the chippy Thursday after weigh in and happened to say to the bloke "you've got to love a diet that keys you eat chicken kebab when you want to" to which he said "you've lost loads of weight".

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:

In the chippy Thursday after weigh in and happened to say to the bloke "you've got to love a diet that keys you eat chicken kebab when you want to" to which he said "you've lost loads of weight".

If it makes you feel good it counts

I'm sitting here in my skinny jeans from tommy hilfiger - size 16 (an American 14)

Plus I got a compliment from my MIL :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lsf666 said:
I'm sitting here in my skinny jeans from tommy hilfiger - size 16 (an American 14)

Plus I got a compliment from my MIL :)

Wow a compliment from a mil !!!! Must be very deserving well done :)

Dont know if it counts but Hubby asked me to buy stockings & suspenders . He's not asked me to do that since some time in the 90's lol

mrs big b said:
Dont know if it counts but Hubby asked me to buy stockings & suspenders . He's not asked me to do that since some time in the 90's lol

Love it :)

mrs big b said:
Wow a compliment from a mil !!!! Must be very deserving well done :)
Well I haven't seen her for a while so it was nice :)

mrs big b said:
Love this :)

I spent the day shopping and have bought 2 dresses in a size 12 and a new belt as my current one has had 4 extra holes punched in it and reaches 1 1/4 times round me!

If someone had told me when I started sw back in March that I'd be in a size 12 by Christmas (having started in a size 20) I would have laughed. Now onwards towards size 10!!!

For sure it counts! Well done!!

littlemeercat said:
I spent the day shopping and have bought 2 dresses in a size 12 and a new belt as my current one has had 4 extra holes punched in it and reaches 1 1/4 times round me!

If someone had told me when I started sw back in March that I'd be in a size 12 by Christmas (having started in a size 20) I would have laughed. Now onwards towards size 10!!!

That is awesome, 20-12 OMG! Well done you, how totally inspirational :)

I was out on Friday night and one of my OH's friends stopped me on the way to the loo and told me "that diet is really paying off!" and one of my own friends says I'm shrinking before her eyes lol - she hasn't seen me since Halloween!

Thrilled!

went shopping today - got a new top in size 12, a new dress in a size 16, and some shoes.

I also tried on dresses in size 10, 12 and 14 - and the 10 was fine, but didnt like it, the 12 was too small, and the 14 wouldnt go over my arms.

I wanted to remind everyone that sizes on labels are absolute rubbish.

I think in a measure society i am a 14-16. Therefore the clothing sizes for the clothes today are potty.

Lets all love our shapes and celebrate them - forget the label number!

xxx

Ellebear said:
went shopping today - got a new top in size 12, a new dress in a size 16, and some shoes.

I also tried on dresses in size 10, 12 and 14 - and the 10 was fine, but didnt like it, the 12 was too small, and the 14 wouldnt go over my arms.

I wanted to remind everyone that sizes on labels are absolute rubbish.

I think in a measure society i am a 14-16. Therefore the clothing sizes for the clothes today are potty.

Lets all love our shapes and celebrate them - forget the label number!

xxx

Wish there was a "like" button like Facebook!

Well done for fitting into a 10 even though you didn't buy it, those sizes are crazy x

Fab nsv's everyone! Defo agree that clothes sizes aren't accurate these days, i've got clothes in my wardrobe that all fit frim size 12 to 22! I'd say i was actually an 18 now

Back