NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Hubby just picked me up :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Had to see the Dr this evening for repeat prescriptions and a general check up after the fall out of my relationship break up.

She was really happy with the state of me (I didn't cry for starters!), said I looked far more healthy than last time she saw me, my blood pressure was far lower (still a little high but much better than previously!) and was so happy with how much weight I have lost in the time it's taken.

She is not my normal Dr, as I started seeing a different one (female Dr) when my relationship broke down and I was a mess - my normal male Dr was far from the sympathetic type so decided to start seeing a different one :)

Going to have to re-register at a different practice now I've moved - don't want to though, as she is fab! Might wait it out a few more months under the old address!

I didn't mean to be rude, as a lifelong 'blonde' even if my hair colour lied, it was Tongue in cheek x

It takes a lot to offend me! The whole name ABNG thing comes from something a mate once said about his greying hair.

'I ain't got any grey, it's all acrtic blonde'

HPSaucy I can't do a double like on your second post. That did make me laugh!

I had to go to jewellers yesterday to get my ring fitted with a clip as it was falling off. The woman said "This ring is massive on you!" and I gave her a big grin! Got another 2st 10lbs to loose so to me, no point getting it re-sized till then. Woo hoo!

I have a new one :) I got into a pair of size 22 jeans today for the first time in 4/5 years. They were rather sausagey, so I decided not to buy them til I'd lost a few more lbs, but still, yay!

ThatBubbs said:
I have a new one :) I got into a pair of size 22 jeans today for the first time in 4/5 years. They were rather sausagey, so I decided not to buy them til I'd lost a few more lbs, but still, yay!

Yay!

I had just finished an exercise class when a girl walking in to take part in the next class approached me, she said hello ans then told me she had noticed me in pump the last two months and thought I loooked like I had lost loads of weight, she said she wasn't trying to be nosey but that she had wanted to say something last week.

Just what I needed today after being a bit dishartened at last nights w.I

katoof said:
I had just finished an exercise class when a girl walking in to take part in the next class approached me, she said hello ans then told me she had noticed me in pump the last two months and thought I loooked like I had lost loads of weight, she said she wasn't trying to be nosey but that she had wanted to say something last week.

Just what I needed today after being a bit dishartened at last nights w.I

What a lovely girl to say that!! Well done you for losing the weight!

Not been on the Wii for ages, so my mii character was looking rather tubby, reweighed and it shrank somewhat......very, very satisfying!!

Was trying to find a pair of jeans yesterday and accidentally pulled out a pair of size 24 grey skinny jeans that I'd forgotten I owned! I think the last time I wore them was at least 2 years ago. Anyway, as they'd fallen at my feet I thought "lets try them" and they fitted! They were a little tight and muffin topalicious though but will be perfect in about two weeks. What it did make me realise is that I was possibly closer to a size 28 when I started, as all of my 26s then fitted the same as those jeans did yesterday. But yay for new size clothes! :D

ok confession - i have been party dress shopping.... have ordered 14 all have now gone back now with the exception of three...

Well getting to the point my favourite and no guessing why is
Peacocks By Design Midi Dress

after starting at Easter, i am nearing the 5st loss mark... I was a size 24 top and 22 bottom - this dress is a size 12.:553:

Now, i am not saying that it is not a generous fit, because it is but nevertheless a size 12.

Also a nice new pair of black work trousers from Matalan - size 12 and a perfect fit.

I realised today as I hurried to work that I no longer get any chaffing on my inner thighs! In fact I have to walk in a very mincing way to get them to touch these days!!

I brought down bags of old clothes from my loft on Saturday. The old black velvet dress fitted (last worn about 15years ago) in fact it looked great on. Put on my high heeled red shoes (that I previously couldn't wear because I couldn't get up from a sofa in them).....and went out to a disco with my hubby! and I danced all evening. I'm so much fitter I actually danced all evening. My knees and ankles didn't give way. I had so much fun. Hubby said "we should go out dancing every month!".. I can't believe how much I've changed so quickly. I wish I'd done it before I was 49.

goldenpenny said:
I brought down bags of old clothes from my loft on Saturday. The old black velvet dress fitted (last worn about 15years ago) in fact it looked great on. Put on my high heeled red shoes (that I previously couldn't wear because I couldn't get up from a sofa in them).....and went out to a disco with my hubby! and I danced all evening. I'm so much fitter I actually danced all evening. My knees and ankles didn't give way. I had so much fun. Hubby said "we should go out dancing every month!".. I can't believe how much I've changed so quickly. I wish I'd done it before I was 49.

How fantastic!! Well done you!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, well well just arrived for a zumba class at one of the two gyms I attended to be met by name by the receptionist:)

Back