NSVs - Non Scale Victories

lsf666 said:
Not sure if this is an NSV but I'm ffffffffffreeezing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My sister said that being freezing is a side effect of now being skinny!!! I'm also freeeeeezing these days!! :)

Not sure if this is an NSV but I'm ffffffffffreeezing!!!

My mum was laughing at me the other weekend when I visted them, as I always used to wander about the house in winter in just trousers and a vest top, etc. Unless I was sat in front of the tv/computer and then I'd have a shawl wrapped round my shoulders.

When I visted them the other weekend I was wrapped up like a mummy as I have started to feel the cold that much!

Stupid thing is, I never used to feel the cold like this when I was a size 8-10 many moons ago!

I go to bed these days with a 15 tog duvet and a hot wheat bag - granted I have no heating really though!

First major NSV
Went to Zumba last night and one of the woman who run it came ova to ask if i've been dieting as well as doing Zumba because.......... wait for it...... "I look fantastic". Apparently you can REALLY tell the difference from when i started.

Came away feeling so motivated. Lost 16lb so far, 30lbs left to go - so if i look good now, how good will i look when i get to target :D

skinnyminx said:
ok confession - i have been party dress shopping.... have ordered 14 all have now gone back now with the exception of three...

Well getting to the point my favourite and no guessing why is
Peacocks By Design Midi Dress

after starting at Easter, i am nearing the 5st loss mark... I was a size 24 top and 22 bottom - this dress is a size 12.:553:

Now, i am not saying that it is not a generous fit, because it is but nevertheless a size 12.

Also a nice new pair of black work trousers from Matalan - size 12 and a perfect fit.

Well done I've just started fitting into 12's i can never remember being a 12 before . It's great isn't it I started at a 22 all over and have lost 5st 4.5 . Congratulations :)))

fit4thirtynine said:
I realised today as I hurried to work that I no longer get any chaffing on my inner thighs! In fact I have to walk in a very mincing way to get them to touch these days!!

Lol well done you :))

goldenpenny said:
I brought down bags of old clothes from my loft on Saturday. The old black velvet dress fitted (last worn about 15years ago) in fact it looked great on. Put on my high heeled red shoes (that I previously couldn't wear because I couldn't get up from a sofa in them).....and went out to a disco with my hubby! and I danced all evening. I'm so much fitter I actually danced all evening. My knees and ankles didn't give way. I had so much fun. Hubby said "we should go out dancing every month!".. I can't believe how much I've changed so quickly. I wish I'd done it before I was 49.

Love this great stuff well done you

Slimbysummer said:
First major NSV
Went to Zumba last night and one of the woman who run it came ova to ask if i've been dieting as well as doing Zumba because.......... wait for it...... "I look fantastic". Apparently you can REALLY tell the difference from when i started.

Came away feeling so motivated. Lost 16lb so far, 30lbs left to go - so if i look good now, how good will i look when i get to target :D

Well done you that's fab keep up the good work :D

Just had this message on my Facebook wall . Can't stop smiling :)))

Attachments

• image-3914047841.jpg
    image-3914047841.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 151
Just tried on 5 size 12 dresses, and they all fitted - all but one of them with room to spare! :D So pleased! Am also wearing size 12 trousers today that last month were a little bit too tight to get away with, lol.

Just got two new dresses, the first I ordered off ebay as Ive got one the same that I really like that's now way too big for me, I had it in a size 32 and stopped wearing it well before I jpined SW as it had become way too tight. The ebay one I thought was gonna be too small yet but was only about 3 quid so I thought maybe it'd fit in a month or two and it already fits! Size 24!

The other one I ordered two sizes from Ann Harvey as my arse usually doesn't fit in non-stretchy things, that fits too in a 24! And my 26 trousers are already getting too big once Ive been wearing them for an hour. So my arse is officially a 24!!!

Woo hoo for my arse!!! :massmoon: :D

Just got two new dresses, the first I ordered off ebay as Ive got one the same that I really like that's now way too big for me, I had it in a size 32 and stopped wearing it well before I jpined SW as it had become way too tight. The ebay one I thought was gonna be too small yet but was only about 3 quid so I thought maybe it'd fit in a month or two and it already fits! Size 24!

The other one I ordered two sizes from Ann Harvey as my arse usually doesn't fit in non-stretchy things, that fits too in a 24! And my 26 trousers are already getting too big once Ive been wearing them for an hour. So my arse is officially a 24!!!

Woo hoo for my arse!!! :massmoon: :D
What an arse lol

I've discovered that I have nobly knees under all this fat.
Not sure if that's a victory or not. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
I've discovered that I have nobly knees under all this fat.
Not sure if that's a victory or not. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Just discovering them is deffo a victory!! Lol!!

I went shopping for skinny fit jeans!!! Size 14 (started at 24!) and I look good in them I must say so myself :)

Back