NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I dug out my nice coat that I put away ages ago as it didn't fit me and it not only does up but it's a little big on me :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My birthday was this Saturday, so with a party (unrelated) to attend, and a night out with friends I decided to take the day 'off plan' so I could enjoy drinks. This has actually led to 2 NSVs for me, 1) I got straight back on plan today, with no problem - didn't eke out the misbehaviour - so the damage will be limited, and 2) when I was out last night my friend told me I looked a bit slimmer, and I actually felt like I was more confidant and happy - i wasn't thinking negative things about myself.

If I feel this way after just over a stone, I'm going to be an intolerable egomaniac if I get to target lol! :)

ThatBubbs said:
My birthday was this Saturday, so with a party (unrelated) to attend, and a night out with friends I decided to take the day 'off plan' so I could enjoy drinks. This has actually led to 2 NSVs for me, 1) I got straight back on plan today, with no problem - didn't eke out the misbehaviour - so the damage will be limited, and 2) when I was out last night my friend told me I looked a bit slimmer, and I actually felt like I was more confidant and happy - i wasn't thinking negative things about myself.

If I feel this way after just over a stone, I'm going to be an intolerable egomaniac if I get to target lol! :)

*when you get to target!!

Well done :) half the battle's in your head so if you got back on track straight away and felt better about yourself you're well on your way xx

ThatBubbs said:

Yes well done . I did the same had a naughty day sat straight back on it yesterday and actually felt so much happier yesterday being back on plan

lsf666 said:
I dug out my nice coat that I put away ages ago as it didn't fit me and it not only does up but it's a little big on me :)

Yay that's great :)

I have just had the best week of my life, firstly went shopping with my 2 daughters over 4 days, something I haven't done for 15 years, not even 1 shopping trip in that time, I calculated that over those 4 trips I walked for over 20 hours, another 1st for me, just 1 year ago I was unable to walk more than a hundred yards. I then went into a shop and actually bought clothes of the rail, not done that either for countless years, all be it they were size 20/22 but just three years ago I was wearing 38/40...so I am dead chuffed.
I always said I hated shopping, I think because I was too big to walk, but I can honestly say I love it and can't wait for the next trip xxx

I have just had the best week of my life, firstly went shopping with my 2 daughters over 4 days, something I haven't done for 15 years, not even 1 shopping trip in that time, I calculated that over those 4 trips I walked for over 20 hours, another 1st for me, just 1 year ago I was unable to walk more than a hundred yards. I then went into a shop and actually bought clothes of the rail, not done that either for countless years, all be it they were size 20/22 but just three years ago I was wearing 38/40...so I am dead chuffed.
I always said I hated shopping, I think because I was too big to walk, but I can honestly say I love it and can't wait for the next trip xxx

Glad you had great time. From a size 38/40 to a 20/22 is inspirational. Well done :D

Glad you had great time. From a size 38/40 to a 20/22 is inspirational. Well done :D

Thanks hun, can't wait to be that lovely svelt 12/14 I intend to be ...lower than that wouldn't be good on me, never was lol xxx

Lily42uk said:
Thanks hun, can't wait to be that lovely svelt 12/14 I intend to be ...lower than that wouldn't be good on me, never was lol xxx

Well done you that's fab :) you'll get there

Caused a bit of a stir at work today. Finally got the confidence to wear a work suit with skirt rather than trousers! Got knee high suede boots on too - had some really nice comments - will have to invest in some more skirts me thinks..... ;-)

I have one!

Its been such a rubbish day (my DD17 had to have her driving test cancelled because of flippin snow and cant get another til mid Jan), so I have been feeling really miserable.

Anyway I ordered a black dress for my birthday in March last week in a size 18 as I was hoping to be that by then, and it only fits really really well. So I now have a new Xmas Day dress. My Xmas wish at SW was to drop a dress size by Xmas and it looks like I am nearly there!

JAM21 said:
Caused a bit of a stir at work today. Finally got the confidence to wear a work suit with skirt rather than trousers! Got knee high suede boots on too - had some really nice comments - will have to invest in some more skirts me thinks..... ;-)
Am totally thinking Bridget Jones now ;-)

Hamish's Mum said:
I have one!

Its been such a rubbish day (my DD17 had to have her driving test cancelled because of flippin snow and cant get another til mid Jan), so I have been feeling really miserable.

Anyway I ordered a black dress for my birthday in March last week in a size 18 as I was hoping to be that by then, and it only fits really really well. So I now have a new Xmas Day dress. My Xmas wish at SW was to drop a dress size by Xmas and it looks like I am nearly there!
That's great about the dress! I love it when you can see it in clothes sizes - so much better than numbers on the scales :)

hannata said:
just read the past 4 or 5 pages and there are some really inspiring people here. Now I feel all positive and happy :) xx
It'll be you posting next :)

went to a different class today and c said to me you don't look anywhere near 18st 7lbs, you carry it really well...kinda happy about that..would you be??

went to a different class today and c said to me you don't look anywhere near 18st 7lbs, you carry it really well...kinda happy about that..would you be??

Yes because if your anything like the rest of us, we think (feel) we are bigger than we prob look - yet this c has said you don't look anywhere near that weight so you must look a lot slimmer!

Might not seem a lot to anyone else but it's a achievement for me. Today I went back to class and got weighed after being away for 7 weeks due to ill health. I was sooo anxious I was almost in tears but really glad I pushed to do it. Next goal will be to stay for group again.

Back