NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Might not seem a lot to anyone else but it's a achievement for me. Today I went back to class and got weighed after being away for 7 weeks due to ill health. I was sooo anxious I was almost in tears but really glad I pushed to do it. Next goal will be to stay for group again.

It would have been easy to think no point now till after xmas so def a NSV.
So WELL DONE x

^^ What she said. Well done

Thanks guys :)

Hubby picked me up today :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That must be a lovely feeling!! I shall add that to my list of reasons why...:)

Pearlsgirl said:
That must be a lovely feeling!! I shall add that to my list of reasons why...:)

I was a bit worried about his back but he was ok :) I felt lighter!!!

When I started SW I was wearing size 26 trousers with an elasticated waist and very much in denial about it. Now they sit so low that I trip over the bottoms so I tried on an old pair of size 24 with no elasticated waist and they fit!!

Bunnylush said:
Buying a size 12 coat? I've gone from a 22 since June :)

Well done you've done amazingly . I've just done the same thing . Brought a nice bright red one for myself from hubby for Xmas size 12 fits lovely . Was a 22 also in July :) he doesn't know it yet though lol

bunnylush and mrs big b you have both done brilliantly!! I have been on SW since last New Year and I have lost 1 stone, I nearly said only 1 but a loss is a loss. I just wish it was coming off a bit quicker. I do stick to the plan unless on holiday and can't, but I don't go overboard on the naughty stuff so why is it so slow? Any suggestions?

Mm to be fair you dont have that much to lose, most of the bigger, faster losses are from people with loads to lose. WHat plan do you follow? DO you do any exercise? DO you eat much superfree? Have you got a food diary you could post on here, people might be able to give you some advice on what bits you could change?

Everyone on here is doing tremendously well!!! I was away in Dublin for the weekend for my works Xmas dinner and the dress i wore out on the sat night was REALLY loose in fact dare i say too big!!!! It was tight and horrid the last time i wore it out!!

supergran52 said:
bunnylush and mrs big b you have both done brilliantly!! I have been on SW since last New Year and I have lost 1 stone, I nearly said only 1 but a loss is a loss. I just wish it was coming off a bit quicker. I do stick to the plan unless on holiday and can't, but I don't go overboard on the naughty stuff so why is it so slow? Any suggestions?

Hi, this is my second time on SW, First time 17 yrs ago when I had Son. 6 stone fell off me then. 3 st 6 lb has fallen off me now. I thought being 44 now it may be slow. I stick to plan 100%. Eat all my syns if I wish. Hardly any choc. I eat fruit pastilles. Or I have like HEXA HEXB type stuff as syns if I've run out of hex. I have exercised on wii or walking at least three times a week, less this last month. I eat a lot of veg. I hardly eat HEXB bread, mines in the freezer so occasionally do. I have yogurt fruit for breakfast. Home made soup every lunch. And a big tea of veg and whatever. Then big supper of syns HEXA HEXB usually Philly light and 6 crackerbread. Knowing slimming world works so well for me, I never understand when some people's losses are so slow. But I guess bodies are different. Or you use the plan different and say drink etc. I try changing stuff around as often as I can. I also do red/ green days. I have occasional EE if I need meat and carb. I sometimes think people are scared eat a lot of superfree free foods,when you really can. Any loss is better than the stones we would all be putting on if we we not on plan at all. I'd like to say I am cutting a lot out from before,but apart from mash with clover, white bread clover, and oils butter etc. I am diabetic. So had to cut sugar out years ago. Not sure what else to suggest :) oh and I stay to every class, just for company and motivation,can't say I learn anything I don't know from here ;)

bit strange, but today i just feel 'much less fat' - which is nice at this time of year.

Silly thing, but i feel less flabby and podgy - and looking forward to going out tonight in a pretty top! (and shorts! haha)

yay SW! xxxx

Ellebear said:
bit strange, but today i just feel 'much less fat' - which is nice at this time of year.

Silly thing, but i feel less flabby and podgy - and looking forward to going out tonight in a pretty top! (and shorts! haha)

yay SW! xxxx

And tights I hope? It's freeeeeezzzing!!!

Any loss is better than the stones we would all be putting on if we we not on plan at all.

This is so true! I will try and remember this when losses aren't as fast as I would like.

Also - has taken me 36 years to get to this weight, I'm not going to lose it all overnight!!:)

My NSV for today - have done my first session of the "Couch Potato to 5K" running plan this morning. Planning to do 3 runs (well, mostly walking at the moment, but I'll get there!) per week for next 9 weeks!:)

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
I completely misunderstood that, when I read it the first time!

Had a chuckle, when I read your second post. (The fog cleared, realised you meant something different to what I was thinking):D

Am curious now??? What on earth did you think?

Back