NSVs - Non Scale Victories

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
Thought he'd met up with you in town or something like that and tried a chat up line on you, just for old times sake?

Aah. That's quite sweet :) - no he literally lifted me off the ground!!! Big NSV :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well the jeans that i put in the loft 4 years ago because they didn't fit now fit! and that was before i had kids! well that has saved a few bob on some designer jeans that i never really thought i would ever get back into.

I bought two tops off ebay from next both 18's. I looked at them and thought they looked too small compared to the tops I wear now, tried them on and the both fit really well

Went out for my second run of the week - 30 mins interval training of which 8 mins running. :angel09:

Visited my parents for the weekend and my mum had bought me a pair of fleecy pyjamas in a 14-16. Snuggled into them after a shower Friday night and they were nice and roomy. So she decided to buy me some more for Xmas (knowing how at the weekend I stay in my PJs if not going anywhere).

So, we popped into town on Saturday to get some more and decided, just out of interest, to get the size 10-12 ones instead with the view that a few more pounds off and the others would be way too big. So tried the 10-12 ones one Saturday evening and they fitted perfectly!

Not quite into the size 12 trousers she is amassing from the charity shops yet though!

Have a work do tomorrow night and all the trousers in my closet are swimming on me. Not just a little bit loose, but obviously baggy in places that shouldn't be baggy.

Would be even happier if I didn't still need something to wear tomorrow!

I know it *is* colder but I've really started to feel the cold without such a thick layer of porkiness on me! :) and I don't have to worry so much about getting somewhere extra early (ie; docs or meeting a friend in town) to give me "cool off" time if I've been walking as I would sweat so much! :eek:

I know it *is* colder but I've really started to feel the cold without such a thick layer of porkiness on me! :) and I don't have to worry so much about getting somewhere extra early (ie; docs or meeting a friend in town) to give me "cool off" time if I've been walking as I would sweat so much! :eek:
I can SO relate to this. My loss of 4½ st of blubber means I'm cold all the time!

On of my colleagues just pulled me to one side in the communal kitchen and whispered "are you losing weight, it looks like you are?" - so I said "yep! Two stone!" and grinned. :)

My husband is a scout leader and last i answered the door to a new scouts dad. Today his wife told me he thought my husband had an older daughter in her early twenties. He meant me!!!!

Mine was my doc weighing me. Walking to his pc and apologising and asking to weigh me again. Wow he said you have lost loads of weight in a year :)

Mine was my doc weighing me. Walking to his pc and apologising and asking to weigh me again. Wow he said you have lost loads of weight in a year :)

Thats brill. Well done!

Seeing my Granddad who I haven't since I lost weight, he noticed as soon as I opened the door hugged me and said god I'd got into shape. He looked at my old pics on the wall and said this is the new me and that's the old. He was so pleased for me and keep telling me how well I'd done.

I love this thread! It is keeping me motivated - reminds me why I want to stick at my new healthy ways!

Just realised my BMI has almost reached the thirties! I started out at 46.1 and now I'm 40.8. Next week or the week after I'll have gotten into the 30's. Yay!

xMandyDx said:
Just realised my BMI has almost reached the thirties! I started out at 46.1 and now I'm 40.8. Next week or the week after I'll have gotten into the 30's. Yay!

Well done!

I managed to wear my wedding ring today comfortably, first time in about 4 years

You just made me realise mine is nearly down 20!!!! Thats like a whole "normal" person. Crikey

xMandyDx said:

Well done that's fab .
I was really excited after wi yesterday realised my bmi is now 25.7 from 37.7 . Another 0.7 and 5lb I'm in the ideal range :) real motivation to be good over Xmas :)

Back