NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Well done Mrs Big B... that's a real achievement!

Thanks :D for once in my life I've found something im good at just hope when I get there I'm as good at maintaining

I think I'm going to find it hard to maintain. I'm either one or the other. Gain or lose. I think it's going to be hard to find a middle ground. All we can do is our best x

xMandyDx said:
I think I'm going to find it hard to maintain. I'm either one or the other. Gain or lose. I think it's going to be hard to find a middle ground. All we can do is our best x

Thats what I worry about I lose and gain easily . All I do know is I'm never going back again . And with sw I have the tools to make sure that happens

At work today, I sat next to an open box of homemade mince pies and shortbread and didn't touch them! Victory indeed!!:p:p:p

At work today, I sat next to an open box of homemade mince pies and shortbread and didn't touch them! Victory indeed!!:p:p:p

Sounds like pure torture to me - well done for resisting x

I returned to work after maternity leave this week and a colleague said that when she first saw me down the corridor with my back to her she didn't recognise me. She also said I was looking much slimmer.At over 18st I don't think slim is the right word, but I definitely felt chuffed! And another colleague said I was looking foxy. That can't be a bad thing!

I have a pair of deep cherry red mock-crock knee high boots, that I've not been able to do up for nearly 2 years.

Guess what I'm wearing for work today?! :D

Last edited:
Just found this thread and its a brilliant read. I wore a dress to my christmas night out that I bought almost 2 years ago and never wore it because I couldnt fit into it. What a feeling!!

tonight i am fixing a zip on a dress i bought earlier this year.
it never fit me in the first place but was a one off and only £5 so i had to have it haha.
anyway - i ripped the zip out tryign to squeeze in it !! now it fits and i am going to wear it for my birthday

woop !

Today I realised that I've been putting my socks on without much trouble for the past week or so. It used to be a chore to squish myself in half to reach those tootsies! Now I do it without even thinking about it.

BSL11 said:
I know it *is* colder but I've really started to feel the cold without such a thick layer of porkiness on me! :) and I don't have to worry so much about getting somewhere extra early (ie; docs or meeting a friend in town) to give me "cool off" time if I've been walking as I would sweat so much! :eek:

I hear ya!! I've only lost two stone ( all bar a couple of pounds) but omg!! Do I feel the cold now and I certainly sweat a lot less!!! :)

This isn't so much of a victory but more of a side effect...........going from lying to sitting in the bath is now murder on my bumbone having lost my huge 'cushion' and also trying to sleep with knee bones touching causes me awful discomfort!!! But having lost 5 inches from my waist and 4 from my hips and going from a 36c to a 32d has to have some minus points!!! :)

I brought a new dress for works Xmas party. It was above knew length, not worn one that short for very long time and was a size 12! I started size 18.
I feel size 12 is normal but my weight still tells me I'm overweight. 12lbs then in the normal range.

I brought a new dress for works Xmas party. It was above knew length, not worn one that short for very long time and was a size 12! I started size 18.
I feel size 12 is normal but my weight still tells me I'm overweight. 12lbs then in the normal range.

Well done your weight loss :)

If you feel your are at your right size then thats your target. You choose what is a weight you can keep at.

Officially to be 'normal' i have to be below 10st 1 (i'm only 5ft 3") but i was that weight about 5 yr ago and i looked REALLY skinny and couldn't sustain it.

The great thing about SW is that YOU CHOOSE YOUR TARGET - not anyone else esp society x

I think I have one!

Just done the ironing (about 3 hours worth), and my back doesn't even ache! Used to be in agony after the ironing and I used to have to go straight to bed to lie flat to relieve it!!

Vitology said:
This isn't so much of a victory but more of a side effect...........going from lying to sitting in the bath is now murder on my bumbone having lost my huge 'cushion' and also trying to sleep with knee bones touching causes me awful discomfort!!! But having lost 5 inches from my waist and 4 from my hips and going from a 36c to a 32d has to have some minus points!!! :)

Try sleeping with a pillow or small cushion between your knees. I find it helps. Well done on the inch loss though xx

Back