NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Hello I'm new to this site but have been doing slimming world since October. I have to say I absolutely love this thread! I've spent a good couple of hours reading everybody's achievements and it's a huge motivation for me, you have all done brilliantly!
I've not dropped a dress size yet but my size 18 jeans are starting to get a bit slack, and yesterday I put on my engagement ring that I had to take off last year as it was cutting off the circulation!
Can't wait to add bigger NSV's like some of you girlies! Reading yours makes me feel so much more determined!

I think I have one!

Just done the ironing (about 3 hours worth), and my back doesn't even ache! Used to be in agony after the ironing and I used to have to go straight to bed to lie flat to relieve it!!

You obv haven't done enough - so i'll send you all mine lol x

Yesterday I bought a few tops from Asda on a whim, I bought a silver star jumper (for xmas day) in a 22 which actually seems a bit big, a navy top printed with tiny white hearts in a 20 (which is stretchy, but seems to fit well) and accidentally another top in an 18 (wrong hanger) which I tried on, and being stretchy it fits, but I think it will actually fit soon so I'm not returning it. Muhaha :)

I reckon this 1st9 equates to me going from a 24 top 26 bottom to a 20/22 top 22/24 bottom so far :) This is pleasant! :D

ThatBubbs said:
Yesterday I bought a few tops from Asda on a whim, I bought a silver star jumper (for xmas day) in a 22 which actually seems a bit big, a navy top printed with tiny white hearts in a 20 (which is stretchy, but seems to fit well) and accidentally another top in an 18 (wrong hanger) which I tried on, and being stretchy it fits, but I think it will actually fit soon so I'm not returning it. Muhaha :)

I reckon this 1st9 equates to me going from a 24 top 26 bottom to a 20/22 top 22/24 bottom so far :) This is pleasant! :D

Same as me Hun! Love that I can buy stuff in Asda, Sainsburys and Tesco!

Me to Shirleen, bought some new jeans in asda at the weekend and a dress from tesco, both size 22. I was very pleased! My next shopping goal is to be able to buy from the regular section of new look, not just the inspire range!

Me to Shirleen, bought some new jeans in asda at the weekend and a dress from tesco, both size 22. I was very pleased! My next shopping goal is to be able to buy from the regular section of new look, not just the inspire range!

I have a little piece of paper in my purse with a bunch of NSV goals on it, names of shops that I'm going to buy something from for the first time - the prospect is dead exciting :)

I think I have one!

Just done the ironing (about 3 hours worth), and my back doesn't even ache! Used to be in agony after the ironing and I used to have to go straight to bed to lie flat to relieve it!!

Bladdy hell you saying that has just made me realise the same about washing up! :eek: I used to *detest* washing up as it gave me such backache, its like I had to 'lean over' my big fat bluddy stomach to do it :( Ive just realised Ive been doing all the washing up in the house for a couple of months now, Id forgotten how painful it used to be! :) Woo!

hubby picked me up spun me around and then started poking at all my bones saying how much they were sticking out now :eek: . hes only a small man himself hes about 9st 10 hes tall but finds it hard to put on weight . he was 12.5 stone when we got married . think thats what having 5 kids has done to him lol

Been for another run today even though it was freezing out and I could not be bothered. Actually felt like I was running rather than just fast waddling!!!!!

Hello I'm new to this site but have been doing slimming world since October. I have to say I absolutely love this thread! I've spent a good couple of hours reading everybody's achievements and it's a huge motivation for me, you have all done brilliantly!
I've not dropped a dress size yet but my size 18 jeans are starting to get a bit slack, and yesterday I put on my engagement ring that I had to take off last year as it was cutting off the circulation!
Can't wait to add bigger NSV's like some of you girlies! Reading yours makes me feel so much more determined!
I had a moment like that too about 6 weeks ago with my engagement ring, it's a fantastic feeling. Good on you and keep up the good work.

I think I have one!

Mrs S I think you deserve an award on its own for doing 3 hours of ironing in the first place!!

Fairymary said:
Mrs S I think you deserve an award on its own for doing 3 hours of ironing in the first place!!

Lol I bloody hate it.

I let it stack up for weeks and then do it when it has to be done. And then once I've started I won't stop until its all done.

Weird kind of OCD thing I got going on!

I went out for Xmas lunch with our slimming group on Wednesday,I wore a new stretchy size 12 mini skirt that I bought for over Xmas, I'm not in a 12 trouser yet,but I'm chuffed to mint balls with my new outfit, in fact my t shirt looks too baggy already.

Attachments

• image-725152675.jpg
    image-725152675.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 91
Bunnylush said:
I went out for Xmas lunch with our slimming group on Wednesday,I wore a new stretchy size 12 mini skirt that I bought for over Xmas, I'm not in a 12 trouser yet,but I'm chuffed to mint balls with my new outfit, in fact my t shirt looks too baggy already.

Oooh you look fantastic :) I started getting into 12 skirts and trousers about 3 weeks ago . Won't be long for you now :D

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
Bought some running leggings today. Took XL and L into the changing room, tried the L on first, didn't bother with XL! :D

Yay well done

My wii fit told me this morning wait for it ............. I'm in the ideal weight category . I know they arent always accurate but was just lovely to see . And a lovely slim looking mii character :D last wi I was 5lb above ideal weight so hoping I'm a bit closer for wi on Tuesday

Went to a friends baby shower yday and saw all my best mates from school... We are all still best buds & very close but as in life - marriage, babies & work means we don't see each other regularly and every one of them were like 'Oh my word skinny!' 'You look amazing!' 'How much have you lost!' 'You look so well and trim!' .... I LOVE my girls!! Would not be anywhere without them and now... I can borrow some of their clothes haha ;) xxx

I bought some new snow boots yesterday and they are normal. Not wide fit, not Evans but actually a good brand and normal. And they do up. Plus I seem to have gone down a shoe size!!! Is this usual when losing weight???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back