NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Harebell Fairy said:
Oh nice one! I still have calves like tree trunks so no boots for me :-(

I have defo notice the shoe size thing. Have asked hubby for shoes for my birthday so hoping to find some nice ones in the sales cause all my other shoes are too big. I have 4 pairs of uggs and they are now too big too, I have to wear hikin socks and normal socks when I wear them!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I only have 1 pair of uggs and I'd cry if they got too big!!! They are pink ;-)

My wii fit told me this morning wait for it ............. I'm in the ideal weight category . I know they arent always accurate but was just lovely to see . And a lovely slim looking mii character :D last wi I was 5lb above ideal weight so hoping I'm a bit closer for wi on Tuesday

That's brilliant! :happy096:

My Auntie saw me today and said I am a skinny mini now! me? skinny? I wouldn't go that far but made me feel really good esp on top of my 5 and half stone award this week. :party0011:

We were givien a tin of Quality Street last week and they are still wrapped up in the paper (shape gave it away though ;)) on top of the kitchen cupboard - rewind to last year, they would've been gone by now. To be opened on christmas day to share with all the family coming round.
Also, have an OPENED box of luxury M&S christmas biscuits on our bookshelf in the living room and I've not had one yet. Really fancied a couple after a night out on Friday but then thought - what do I want more, choc bics or weight loss so I decided against it. That's a NSV in itself just fancying a couple rather than a big ol' binge on the lot! My whole attitude towards food is finally changing since I've had my son - want to be a healthy mum for him, not just lose weight to look good. :family2:

I had visitors this weekend & bought mince pies & cream for them. They're my favourite Christmas treat but I haven't touched them! There's still 2 in the open pack so I'll have one after WI on Tuesday if I get this 1lb off!

I had visitors this weekend & bought mince pies & cream for them. They're my favourite Christmas treat but I haven't touched them! There's still 2 in the open pack so I'll have one after WI on Tuesday if I get this 1lb off!

Think i may do this after weigh in (Tuesday too) - not had one yet, and i love em x Here's to good weight loss then x

Blondee said:
Went to a friends baby shower yday and saw all my best mates from school... We are all still best buds & very close but as in life - marriage, babies & work means we don't see each other regularly and every one of them were like 'Oh my word skinny!' 'You look amazing!' 'How much have you lost!' 'You look so well and trim!' .... I LOVE my girls!! Would not be anywhere without them and now... I can borrow some of their clothes haha ;) xxx

Nice one babe... It's always fab when the people we love notice our achievement... xc

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Did more exercise today...running in the cold and wet....now on week 2 of my running plan!

About a week after I started SW I bought a replica of my favourite pair of jeans two sizes too small in the sale - so size 22 instead of 26. The original size 26 pair fall down if i wear them. Up till now I've been able to pull the 22 up but not do them up. I last tried them a few weeks ago. Something made me try them again tonight and they do up! I look like a sausage muffin though but yay not long and they'll fit properly!

rachpid said:
About a week after I started SW I bought a replica of my favourite pair of jeans two sizes too small in the sale - so size 22 instead of 26. The original size 26 pair fall down if i wear them. Up till now I've been able to pull the 22 up but not do them up. I last tried them a few weeks ago. Something made me try them again tonight and they do up! I look like a sausage muffin though but yay not long and they'll fit properly!

Like! I'm almost a 22 bottom!

I gained another notch on my belt, so to speak. I was examining myself in the mirror yesterday and thought my waist looked a bit smaller, so I tried on my wide belt (the one that cinches your waist) and instead of the second to last hole, it went comfortably into the third.. and I think if I tried I'd get it into the fourth! Yay! That has to be an inch or so!
Strangely, still in the same size clothes though. Although they are mostly track bottoms or leggings, so they're elastic. Suppose you wouldn't notice the change.

But anyway... yay for the belt! :D

I tried some 22 jeans on a few weeks ago and got into them in a sausagey fashion - my best mate has slimmed from a size 22 to a (gorgeous) 16 and gave me a pair of her old 'fat' jeans (barely worn)and they fit PERFECT! Also, I'm getting into 20s on top, so I'm basically 2 sizes down from where I started. Yay!

Having been picking up size 22's and 24's on ebay recently that I fit into I got a size 24 black jeans. On arrival I see I havent a hope in hell of getting my ass into - so Im taking it as a NY Challenge! To get my damn ass into this pair of jeans! :cool:

Today I'm wearing a simple black T shirt TUCKED INTO my jeans with a thick trendy belt. :D

My first NSV for absolutely AGES!

Last night my wonderful, gorgeous boyfriend proposed to me with the most beautiful diamond ring. I'd been sized in July and he got it absolutely spot on. Except now I'm smaller, my ring finger has shrunk and it's too big!! I'm so happy but I could cry. I'm petrified I'm going to lose it but I can't bear to take it off yet. Yippee for diamonds, boo to skinny fingers!

Last night my wonderful, gorgeous boyfriend proposed to me with the most beautiful diamond ring. I'd been sized in July and he got it absolutely spot on. Except now I'm smaller, my ring finger has shrunk and it's too big!! I'm so happy but I could cry. I'm petrified I'm going to lose it but I can't bear to take it off yet. Yippee for diamonds, boo to skinny fingers!

Aww wow what a fab story, congratulations!!!

:love047:

Hels - congrats, on being smaller and being proposed to! Very romantic at xmas!

HelsAngel said:

Congratulations :)

My Dad's a jeweller and his trick is put some Sellotape around the back temporarily to stop it slipping. Just until you get it resized x

lsf666 said:
Congratulations :)

My Dad's a jeweller and his trick is put some Sellotape around the back temporarily to stop it slipping. Just until you get it resized x

Congratulations, what a good tip, I may try it later. I had to move my engagement ring onto middle finger a month ago :(

Back