NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Well done everyone, I love sharing these NSVs. I noticed that the ties of my Christmas apron seemed very much longer this year. Obviously not as much waist to tie around.

Last edited:
I can now buy tops, that fit (not that I squeeze into) in Primark! Sounds silly, but being able to spend £3 on a top for work instead of Evans / New Look prices is AWESOME :D *shakes tatas in stripey Primarni top*

Ive been out this morning and done my first run of Couch to 5k - mega acheivement! :D

Two for me recently. Yey!

My OH said I was the skinniest he has ever seen me (we have been together for 10 yrs) and that my legs were looking a lot thinner.

And I went to the Next sale yesterday and bought a pair of jeans that were a size 8! They were boyfriend ones, but even so... :D

ThatBubbs said:
I can now buy tops, that fit (not that I squeeze into) in Primark! Sounds silly, but being able to spend £3 on a top for work instead of Evans / New Look prices is AWESOME :D *shakes tatas in stripey Primarni top*

Well done Primarni skimp on their sizes too!

:D oh my goodness I've just picked my boyfriend a large quarter pound meal with still fanta and a crunchie flurry up and resisted getting myself something I'm uber proud of myself. I came home and made jacket pot large salad and a tin of chilli con carne for 1 syn. Well done me

Did another C25K run today - in the rain. I can now run for 3 mins without needing to stop. It doesn't sound much, but believe me, it's a huge achievement when you consider how unfit I was 3 weeks ago!!

Also had a fab NSV at the gym yesterday, I was at the water machine when a girl came over to compliment me on how much weight id lost! Said she saw me on the treadmill and had to double take to check it was me before coming over! Cool stuff hey!!

Also had a fab NSV at the gym yesterday, I was at the water machine when a girl came over to compliment me on how much weight id lost! Said she saw me on the treadmill and had to double take to check it was me before coming over! Cool stuff hey!!
Way to go Mrs S!

Got a lovely size 10 top from Jane Norman yesterday and pair of skinny jeans also size 10 in the sales. This time last year I was in a size 16/18.

Having not had any noticeable NSVs for a while they are now coming thick and fast.

Yesterday I got out a pair of size 16 jeggings that I haven't been able to get anywhere near my bum for at least 6 years (was a size 22 :eek:). And not only do they fit they are in fact a bit big!

So I wore them. Tucked inside my new boots with a big long jumper to cover the afore mentioned bum. When hubby was asked if I looked okay he flabbergasted me by saying that I looked GOOD!

Bl00dy hell! Men do say nice things occasionally! And he's not one to shy away from the truth! After almost 39 years of being together he normally tells it as he finds. Which has included some very brutal assessments of dresses and my bum in the past!

Got a lovely size 10 top from Jane Norman yesterday and pair of skinny jeans also size 10 in the sales. This time last year I was in a size 16/18.

Woop woop and jane norman clothes are small fitting so even better NSV x

Was trying on clothes in Dorothy Perkins today and suddenly I thought actually I'm not that big. I used to feel out of place and scurry back to Evans where I fit in.

Plus I bought a size 14 dress :) AND it was reduced

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lsf666 said:
Was trying on clothes in Dorothy Perkins today and suddenly I thought actually I'm not that big. I used to feel out of place and scurry back to Evans where I fit in.

Plus I bought a size 14 dress :) AND it was reduced

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done that's fab
Think that's the best thing for me can shop anywhere now and find things to fit . I remember going in to h&m a few months back and feeling completely out of place . No more :)

Back