NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Attended an offsite meeting today with a lot of people that I do not see regularly but speak on the phone a lot, at lunch I was looking around for somewhere to sit and saw a table with one girl i have known for about 10 years (do not see more than once or twice a year) so approached the table: 'mind if I join you' i said and when she didnt reply I said jokingly 'OK I will sit here anyway' after a uncomfortable silence she looked up and said 'sorry I dont think I know you' I am not sure how was more surprised her or me when I told her who I was....

It never occurred to me that people would not recognise me

Attended an offsite meeting today with a lot of people that I do not see regularly but speak on the phone a lot, at lunch I was looking around for somewhere to sit and saw a table with one girl i have known for about 10 years (do not see more than once or twice a year) so approached the table: 'mind if I join you' i said and when she didnt reply I said jokingly 'OK I will sit here anyway' after a uncomfortable silence she looked up and said 'sorry I dont think I know you' I am not sure how was more surprised her or me when I told her who I was....

How fab! x

My friend just emailed a picture that was taken at Xmas and for the first time ever I didn't look at it and think I looked huge, in fact I look quite skinny! Think my head is finally beginning to catch up with my body :)
Thats a brilliant feeling, well done

huntsu1 said:

That's so cool...

well i had a gain tonight :( so instead of ordering in i went on the wii.
my first official NSV..... and i cant even upload a picture :cry:
iv just got a 5 stars on just dance, my first one ever ( as its my body magic im counting it as a NSV :p )

My mum just told me that after i left class last night she was talking to a few of the girls who joined about 3 months ago and they said to her they had me labelled as "one of those people you look at and think what is she doing here". Id lost 6st doing SW at home before i joined so they thought the most id lost was 2st. Probably lost 1st since they joined.

When she told them Id now lost 8st she said their mouths dropped open and they all said at once I couldnt even imagine her being that size she looks like shes always been small.

I spy some new best friends :)

small victory - i have managed to keep to a proper breakfast all week - even though i have been tempted to skip breakfast (and lunch on a couple of days) because i KNOW that skipping meals will not fix my brain, it will not be a healthy weight loss and i will be a crabby old lady if i don't have breakfast!
yay for self discipline and head over heart!

Little tiny NSV - met a girl rejoining the group last night & she was so impressed I'd lost nearly two stone... My NSV really is that I'd made her believe that she can do it too :) Hope she does good xxx

ninnins said:
My mum just told me that after i left class last night she was talking to a few of the girls who joined about 3 months ago and they said to her they had me labelled as "one of those people you look at and think what is she doing here". Id lost 6st doing SW at home before i joined so they thought the most id lost was 2st. Probably lost 1st since they joined.

When she told them Id now lost 8st she said their mouths dropped open and they all said at once I couldnt even imagine her being that size she looks like shes always been small.

That's really when it hits you how absolutely amazing you have been, just taking it a week at a time, all of a sudden, 8 stone gone. Truly inspirational Hun :)

Blondee said:
Little tiny NSV - met a girl rejoining the group last night & she was so impressed I'd lost nearly two stone... My NSV really is that I'd made her believe that she can do it too :) Hope she does good xxx

You know how selfless that sounds? You deserve an NSV a week for that attitude babes... Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Two of my friends at work started SW last week because they were impressed with my weight loss, and another is thinking of coming to my group with me this week. I've been acting as advisor to the two who started and feel like a guru! :D

This is going to sound really silly. Usually when I get out of the bath, I dry and get dressed pretty quickly, through embarrassment of my size (or perceived size). Last night has been the first time ever that I haven't felt like a beached whale - I actually felt pretty slim and it felt, well, nice..

downtownsuzie said:
This is going to sound really silly. Usually when I get out of the bath, I dry and get dressed pretty quickly, through embarrassment of my size (or perceived size). Last night has been the first time ever that I haven't felt like a beached whale - I actually felt pretty slim and it felt, well, nice..

Like it... That's bound to pay off as body confidence... xx

That must feel amazing. Fantastic work by you. Absolutely brilliant weight loss.

2 different people collared me at work today to tell me I looked like I'd lost weight, and were dead impressed. Probably because I didn't have a massive cardigan on for once, haha, but still, it's lovely to hear :)

sleepytimesadie said:
You know how selfless that sounds? You deserve an NSV a week for that attitude babes... Xx

Haha bless you Chelle :) I mean it, I wish her luck... When you meet people who you can really relate to i.e. same weight, height, lifestyle etc. You just hope to transfer some positivity & I think she's got a great attitude to make a great start xxx :)

My engagement ring no longer fits!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lozzie Stardust said:
My engagement ring no longer fits!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Love this but it's so sad too.
Going back to my NSV about my new engagement ring, it was resized to a K before I knew I was getting it and the lady in the shop said to fella that it couldn't be a K as it's very small. The K was massive and this week I've had my replacement through, fits perfectly and it's an I. They don't make this style any smaller! I can't put on a pound and I can't think of a better incentive (other than getting into a wedding dress!)

My son gave me a big hug this morn and was dead impressed that he could reach his arms all the way round me!! He said wow u really have lost weight!!

Back