NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Went on Just Dance for 40mins and noticed I wasn't even out of breath at the end of it and could have done more it wasn't for that I need to relax before bed. When I started I was out of breath very badly and struggling and literally having to find anywhere to sit down after a 10 min walk!

My NSV is that after seeing me at Christmas, my cousin has decided to go on a "diet" as I was nearly down to as much as him.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Ok, so I'm on week 2, day 2, of Couch to 5k. Today, as I got to the last 90 seconds of running, something took over my brain... I wasn't listening to the actual podcast, but I wrote out the times so I knew when to switch from running to walking, which was probably a BIG contributor* to this:

0:00-5:00 walked
5:00-6:30 ran
6:30-8:30 walked
8:30-10:00 ran
10:00-12:00 walked
12:00-13:30 ran
13:30-15:30 walked
15:30-17:00 ran
17:00-19:00 walked
19:00-20:30 ran
20:30-22:30 walked
22:30-32:30 RAN (at 4.5mph/7.2kph)
32:30-44:00 limped and oofd and ouched while walking

300 calories burnt, left leg in agony but I have never felt so good, a ten minute run, I didn't get out of breath or stop or swear or have to promise myself a reward if I got to the end. Happy doesn't cover it!!!

xxx

*another contributor: Beyonce's latest album!

Ok, so I'm on week 2, day 2, of Couch to 5k. Today, as I got to the last 90 seconds of running, something took over my brain... I wasn't listening to the actual podcast, but I wrote out the times so I knew when to switch from running to walking, which was probably a BIG contributor* to this:

0:00-5:00 walked
5:00-6:30 ran
6:30-8:30 walked
8:30-10:00 ran
10:00-12:00 walked
12:00-13:30 ran
13:30-15:30 walked
15:30-17:00 ran
17:00-19:00 walked
19:00-20:30 ran
20:30-22:30 walked
22:30-32:30 RAN (at 4.5mph/7.2kph)
32:30-44:00 limped and oofd and ouched while walking

300 calories burnt, left leg in agony but I have never felt so good, a ten minute run, I didn't get out of breath or stop or swear or have to promise myself a reward if I got to the end. Happy doesn't cover it!!!

xxx

*another contributor: Beyonce's latest album!
Oooh thanks for putting it like this! I did week 2 day 3 today and looking at it this way it shows how much have done :)
Go us!

Out shopping yesterday and my trousers needed to be constantly pulling up - anyway got fet up of it after an hour and toodled into primark... well tried on 2 no 3 pairs jeans all size 12 (jeggings, regular skinny fit and ultra skinny) they all fit fine the reguar skinny were a little baggy on the legs so I did it, i went for the superskinny fit :bliss:
Ha me superskinny... Lalalalala Love them they figure hug and make my legs look good and they are size 12 and say superskinny in them what else could a girl need.....:D

Just need some exercises for the stomach now to try and tone up the empty skin, its strange but i now just need to lose weight and size from my stomach area, any ideas warmly welcomed:sign0163:

skinnyminx said:
Out shopping yesterday and my trousers needed to be constantly pulling up - anyway got fet up of it after an hour and toodled into primark... well tried on 2 no 3 pairs jeans all size 12 (jeggings, regular skinny fit and ultra skinny) they all fit fine the reguar skinny were a little baggy on the legs so I did it, i went for the superskinny fit :bliss:
Ha me superskinny... Lalalalala Love them they figure hug and make my legs look good and they are size 12 and say superskinny in them what else could a girl need.....:D

Just need some exercises for the stomach now to try and tone up the empty skin, its strange but i now just need to lose weight and size from my stomach area, any ideas warmly welcomed:sign0163:

Excellent well done :) if you find anything can you let me know have the same problem lol and the more I'm losing the worse it's getting

ColJack said:
My NSV is that after seeing me at Christmas, my cousin has decided to go on a "diet" as I was nearly down to as much as him.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Great that's brilliant

frankied said:
Went on Just Dance for 40mins and noticed I wasn't even out of breath at the end of it and could have done more it wasn't for that I need to relax before bed. When I started I was out of breath very badly and struggling and literally having to find anywhere to sit down after a 10 min walk!

Great stuff hunni :)

bubblensqueak said:
My son gave me a big hug this morn and was dead impressed that he could reach his arms all the way round me!! He said wow u really have lost weight!!

Aw that's lovely

Tried on the "sausagey" pair of size 22 jeans yesterday and they weren't sausagey anymore so wore them all day! Also, had to bite the bullet and get a new pair of work trousers as my old ones were really saggy! I do try not to pay too much attention to size (as weirdly some 24s still don't fit) but that felt good!

I can now make it up the hill to the train station, under the subway and up the stairs the otherside without feeling like I might die :D

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
Yesterday, not only did I reach my target of 55 mins, but got below it for 10km, at the Stubbington 10k race.

Very happy! Legs a little sore though, back to it tomorrow. Must find another event to do now?

Another run, my goodness you are really enjoying it, and well done on shaving your time too :)

I haven't had one for a while really but at the weekend saw two friends at different events that I hadn't seen for a while, they were staggered at the transformation :D they both said that I shouldn't lose anymore lol.

Secondly tried on a pair of trousers in a 14, however they were too short, when I checked the label actually inside the trousers I discovered they were a 12 geddon :D :D :D

Keep up the good work everyone :)

Bought a skirt the other day size 12 above the knee (bit doubtful coz I am 58!!!!!!) Hubby said "oh yessssssssssssssss does it for me love you have lovely legs n bum" Made me feel a million dollars!!!:D:D:D:D:D;););)

Back