NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My first NSV!
I managed to get the buttons of my coat up today (withought any horrible gaping) and was still able to breathe! Given how cold it was tonight when I went out, I am rather pleased

Trango said:
I haven't had one for a while really but at the weekend saw two friends at different events that I hadn't seen for a while, they were staggered at the transformation :D they both said that I shouldn't lose anymore lol.

Secondly tried on a pair of trousers in a 14, however they were too short, when I checked the label actually inside the trousers I discovered they were a 12 geddon :D :D :D

Keep up the good work everyone :)

Now that is very cool lady... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Size 10 super skinny jeans from Dorothy Perkins fit :)))) thought I'd try after my 12's were getting baggy

ThatBubbs said:
I went back to the gym :D

Amazing! It's not *just* a new year's resolution, right? This time, it's a proper lifestyle change! :)

xxx

Rejoined a gym and completed day 1 of couch to 5k :)

Rejoining yogalates tomorrow :)

Getting back on track like a boss :)

Had to hire a van to pick up a sofa yesterday and I fitted on the front seat with 2 removal guys! :D Sounds random I guess but I NEVER would have dared asking if I could fit in too previously, I wouldve got the train home on my own and waited for the van to arrive. :eek:

ALSO I spent the whole day running around London looking for a spare part for the damn thing after it was delivered. Before I just would have never had the energy and just fallen in a heap and cried my eyes out that I'd bought a dud. :cry:

Last week after the gym I had to collect my mums huge food prescription 7x boxes containing 24x500ml milkshake.
Anyway I was supposed to wait for my brother to help but got fed up so I ran.. Yes ran in and out of the chemist loading my car, then ran with them up the steps (mum lives on a steep bank) 2 boxes at a time! Just six months ago I could just about waddle up with one at a time and need a rest after one!
My ma was a bit shocked too!
That's what exercise has done!

No.2 is that I can't stop feeling my hip bones... Cos I can! Or my hard thigh muscles! Sad cow I am!!!

10st10lbs said:
Oh SO jealous!! Well done! Any tips to share?

P.S. Did you do the skinny jeans dance? :p

A

xxx

Lol yeah I think I did . Only tips stay on plan & stick with it

Shirleen said:
Last week after the gym I had to collect my mums huge food prescription 7x boxes containing 24x500ml milkshake.
Anyway I was supposed to wait for my brother to help but got fed up so I ran.. Yes ran in and out of the chemist loading my car, then ran with them up the steps (mum lives on a steep bank) 2 boxes at a time! Just six months ago I could just about waddle up with one at a time and need a rest after one!
My ma was a bit shocked too!
That's what exercise has done!

No.2 is that I can't stop feeling my hip bones... Cos I can! Or my hard thigh muscles! Sad cow I am!!!

Nah you're not sad think it's natural I've been poking my bones quite a lot it's interesting discovering them . And well done

ermintrude said:
Had to hire a van to pick up a sofa yesterday and I fitted on the front seat with 2 removal guys! :D Sounds random I guess but I NEVER would have dared asking if I could fit in too previously, I wouldve got the train home on my own and waited for the van to arrive. :eek:

ALSO I spent the whole day running around London looking for a spare part for the damn thing after it was delivered. Before I just would have never had the energy and just fallen in a heap and cried my eyes out that I'd bought a dud. :cry:

Well done that's great :)

All this talk of skinny jeans got me to the shops yesterday! I shied away from skinny jeans as a) I'm not very tall and b) I have ample hips and thought they'd make them look bigger. However, I tried on a few pairs and bought these beige skinny chinos. Yes, beige! Gone are the dark days forever lol! A bargain at 10.48€, so about £9. And a size 36, which is a UK size 8 to boot, which now confirms that the couple of pairs of size 8s I already own weren't a fluke! I am one very happy bunny :bunnydance:

Leapfrog said:
All this talk of skinny jeans got me to the shops yesterday! I shied away from skinny jeans as a) I'm not very tall and b) I have ample hips and thought they'd make them look bigger. However, I tried on a few pairs and bought these beige skinny chinos. Yes, beige! Gone are the dark days forever lol! A bargain at 10.48€, so about £9. And a size 36, which is a UK size 8 to boot, which now confirms that the couple of pairs of size 8s I already own weren't a fluke! I am one very happy bunny :bunnydance:

Size 8??? That's amazing!! Well done you and I've got to tell you hun... At size 8, go & at least try on the skinnys!! I got my friend in them at size 14 & she rocks them with her curvy hips!! Go for it... Xxx

I keep prodding my collar bone... it's probably not all that evident to other people, but I can darned well see and feel it far more now I'm 2 stone lighter!

Ma petite grenouille française - I bet you look stunning chica. I've even risked a pair and I'm a size 16 and even hubby thinks they look great! And he's definitely not one to pull his punches when needs must!

Last edited:
Well i started going to the gym on the 2nd of January, and when i go i do interval training on the treadmill which is when you run for a minute then walk then run (which is meant to burn fat quicker than just running). Well 2 weeks ago i could only run 3x without feeling like i was going to die now i've increased this to six and i'm going to try to up this by a minute every time i go. This is going to be my target year! xx

Well i started going to the gym on the 2nd of January, and when i go i do interval training on the treadmill which is when you run for a minute then walk then run (which is meant to burn fat quicker than just running). Well 2 weeks ago i could only run 3x without feeling like i was going to die now i've increased this to six and i'm going to try to up this by a minute every time i go. This is going to be my target year! xx
Well done misspinky8. I know how that first night of interval training feels, I thought my lungs were going to collapse when I did it and I think I only managed 1 min top speed!!! But it is a great calorie burner so thats what keeps me motivated

misspinky8 said:

Amazing, congratulations! I started doing this too, following the NHS C25K plan, starting week 3 of it tomorrow and I can now run for 10 minutes non stop!

A

xxx

Back